Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2017, 06:46   #31

Re: WBA Carabao Cup Match Thread

The free kick debacle for the second goal looked to me like it occurred due to the bench talking to thr intended recepiant who turned to them as they talked, WBA nipped in and the rest is history.

Amazing getting on McConvilles back after losing to a Premier League team, jeepers you guys have been biding your times.
ferret man likes this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2017, 06:53   #32
God Member

Coley said that as Donacien went to overlap Coley told him to stay as there was nobody back, meanwhile McConville played him the pass ...
Old 23-08-2017, 06:59   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
The free kick debacle for the second goal looked to me like it occurred due to the bench talking to thr intended recepiant who turned to them as they talked, WBA nipped in and the rest is history.

Amazing getting on McConvilles back after losing to a Premier League team, jeepers you guys have been biding your times.
That could not be seen from where we stand, changes my opinion the was Colemans fault.
Old 23-08-2017, 07:48   #34
Senior Member+

I watched a good game of football last night !. Tony Pulls showed respect for our team by his selections...and what a pleasing sight to watch his dignified behaviour on the touchline as opposed to that of the despicable Evans and his enforcer on Saturday last !.

There was skill and understanding from the West Brom players and no end of skill and determination from the Reds, all controlled by officials who, for once, knew what their particular roles were, knew the rules, and were totally fair to both teams ! .. apart from the Ref missing an obvious penalty ( but then as you know, I can be a trifle biased at times !).

Plus , I spent time at the feet of my two favourite gurus,namely Valairian and F19.. and am now privy to all the secrets surrounding our club and its future !...of course I now am sworn to secrecy !... but as F19 whispered to me as we parted...'watch this space '. You know what ?, I do love a spot of intrigue !.

See you in Nottingham !,

ON STANLEY..ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 09:38   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post

Forget about the free kick my friend, what did you think of his performance over 93 minutes ?

Genuine question - I'm neither a lover or a hater.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 10:03   #36

Similar to all the midfield and attack they struggled to get in to the game against players in a team going well in the biggest league in the world.

Last edited by widnes viking; 23-08-2017 at 10:05.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 10:07   #37

Re McConville

Any thoughts as to how he would fare in a more central position?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 11:02   #38

Twenty eight what did you make of clarks performance ? He looked ineffective an injured to me, never put 1 telling cross in all night , neither did he test there goalkeeper once , he worked hard yes as did they all! Agree with you on McLeod he come on seemingly when West Brom had the game won and had slowed down, still had a positive impact on the game an that's all you can ask for !! Any thoughts on chapman ??
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 11:24   #39

Now that Chapman has had a steady game McCoville can go back to being the whipping boy.

Bloody useless that lad. Only got more assists than anybody else in the top four divisions last year. Clark seems to me at least twice as ineffectual but gets none of the vitriol. Wonder why.

Just like that useless Coleman. Good job these great players keep randomly turning up on our doorstep without him doing any research or signings. Cant even beat £70 million of talent on gates of 1200. Get him out.

Three promotions, cup runs, bringing back pro football to the town and play off charges are all lucky imo.

Bring back Beattie and James Gray and we can all be happy.
Chimer and pidge like this.
Old 23-08-2017, 11:52   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Easy to see why you (are/where) a teacher Alvin.
Old 23-08-2017, 11:55   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=Alvin the chipmunk;1200124]Now that Chapman has had a steady game McCoville can go back to being the whipping boy.

Bloody useless that lad. Only got more assists than anybody else in the top four divisions last year. Clark seems to me at least twice as ineffectual but gets none of the vitriol. Wonder why.

thought clark did o.k. last night far better than he did on saturday. pulis showed respect for the competition and for us unlike a number of premier managers would have done. as for the officials it was a stroll in the park for them really but still managed to turn down another penalty decision for us. overall some decent football played but could hardly be described as a blood and thunder cup game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 12:09   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Twenty eight what did you make of clarks performance ? He looked ineffective an injured to me, never put 1 telling cross in all night , neither did he test there goalkeeper once , he worked hard yes as did they all! Agree with you on McLeod he come on seemingly when West Brom had the game won and had slowed down, still had a positive impact on the game an that's all you can ask for !! Any thoughts on chapman ??
I thought he did well. A lot of unselfish work having to guard against an international winger bombing on playing at wing back.
All the threats first half came down our left.
Did he have any shots on target - yes.
Do the stats show he rarely gave the ball away - yes.
He isn't injured - for the second time.
Irrelevent in many respects.
I never said McCloud didnt do ok but 20 minutes worth didn't make him MOM for me.
Chapman pulled off some decent saves and I can't criticise him for any of the goals.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 12:47   #43
Senior Member+

Video: Accrington 1-3 West Brom | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
cashman and yonmon like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 17:33   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Now that Chapman has had a steady game McCoville can go back to being the whipping boy.
Just like that useless Coleman. Good job these great players keep randomly turning up on our doorstep without him doing any research or signings. Cant even beat £70 million of talent on gates of 1200. Get him out.
Three promotions, cup runs, bringing back pro football to the town and play off charges are all lucky imo.
Bring back Beattie and James Gray and we can all be happy.

Completely over the top & illogical response to those who felt McCoville (whoever he is?) had a less than stellar game.
Seems it's fair game for some to slag Chapman off on a weekly basis, criticise Donacien, Clark & even on rare occasions, Billy Kee.
But the mere mention of 'The Precious' and the very foundations of the club are about to collapse.
According to Alvin, any criticism of Super Sean has become by association, criticism of John Coleman and as such, high treason.
In the past, I've praised McConville when I felt he'd deserved it. Blimey! I even recall penning a song in his honour.
However, imho & it would seem, a good number of the Clayton End, last night McConville went from 'Super Sean' to 'Boy Blunder', & I'm not just talking about the 2nd goal fiasco.
I can't recall him making a single effective tackle in the whole game. When receiving the ball in space, he invariably passed backwards - unlike McLeod who knew which way we were kicking.
He looked afraid of taking defenders on & seemed happy to get rid of the ball at the first opportunity. On the few occasions he tried, he usually lost the ball.
I hope Sean scores a hat trick on Friday & we're all singing his praises again.
But please! Don't blow a fuse just because some of us felt he was our least effective player last night, it's only personal opinion.
cashman likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 18:02   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dont expect logic from yon mon not Alan -Alvin.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..