Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2017, 22:22   #61
Full Member+

Re: WBA Carabao Cup Match Thread

The suggestion of a public consultation was to simply find out why we are being overlooked. There is over 80,000 people in Hyndburn, surely we can attract at least 3.5 thousand. I have heard all the good reasoned arguments about the loss of the fan base etc. People like Billy Casper need to realise that we can't afford to go on like we are, we need the bodies through the gates. Simple. I for one will say the club does not get it right often enough. However our club depends on a lot of the volunteers who do a good job for nothing. The public consultation I had in mind was not a public meeting at the early stages. We need to promote the club. I have yet to hear a bad word about the fans from away fans from anywhere, We are known as a family friendly club. We need to work on that and some electronic type ticket purchase which has been mentioned before. The last game against WBA was a match to fill the ground with good decent away fans. I had to give up my season ticket seat to be placed in a seat where I couldn't see the whole of the pitch so saw part of the match. This should never be. these things can be ironed out behind closed doors with the supporters club help. we need to remove every obstacle we can to fans attending. We can all do a bit because despite all the valid reasons given we have to be realistic that we can not survive on the gate income we get. Cashy has called it right, If we do get promoted and struggle we could end up worse. on the bright side if we do well it may be the breakthrough we need.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2017, 07:52   #62
God Member

chrisr makes some good points about our gates and the club shooting themselves in the foot regarding ticket allocations. got to disagree about promotion though. when we were struggling to keep in the league our gates were not much less than they are now. a promotion would increase them and even if we did struggle some would stay even if we went down. when you look at this seasons fixture list with all the southern ex non league sides in even the regulars must me thinking not crawley, barnet, cheltenham and stevenage again. morecambe is a local derby but not exactly a round the corner trip. i know you don,t really come to a game to watch the opposition but you cannot really expect a new fan to get excited of the prospect of seeing some of the above. its like going to the cinama years ago and watching a repeat of some B movie.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 10:06   #63

ChrisR . I dont disagree with what you say, I,m just saying it, how I see things , You are not the first to come up with these ideas, There must be 100s of posts saying the same thing year in year out.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..