Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2006, 08:33   #16
Senior Member+

Re: we are goin down

As I wrote earlier, once we get through this period of suffering, things will start to pick up. This is the lowest point we've had for years, but once we sign a few in January, we'll be back on a roll.

This season was always going to be hard. It's just been harder than anyone expected. Selling players and the amount of injuries we've had, have all played a role. I still feel confident that we'll come back.
Old 24-12-2006, 08:35   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
As I wrote earlier, once we get through this period of suffering, things will start to pick up. This is the lowest point we've had for years, but once we sign a few in January, we'll be back on a roll.

This season was always going to be hard. It's just been harder than anyone expected. Selling players and the amount of injuries we've had, have all played a role. I still feel confident that we'll come back.

I totaly agree with that
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 08:38   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Things can only get better people.

Scraping draws against .......Macclesfield have been good achievments with the bare bones of a squad we have had to put up with after the bad luck that has come to us through injuries, suspensions.
You're telling me. It was a great performance at Macclesfield. We got a point which is more than Paul Sturrock and Swindon could manage there yesterday for all them chasing automatic promotion.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 10:02   #19
Senior Member+

We are never going to get relegated!! There is still ages to go..Rochdale, Boston, Torquay, Macclesfield, Mansfield, Barnet, there all still in it with us and truthfully i beleive we have more quality than all these team and i am faithful we will pull away once we bring players in in january..Keep the faith...
Old 25-12-2006, 15:04   #20
Senior Member+

Although I can see where Macca is coming from, (he is right in what he says) I can also see the other side of the coin in what TM says. We have to keep hoping and believing that Stanley will come through this terrible patch and rise up once more.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2006, 19:30   #21

Who are the players we are going to sign in January? Does anyone have the slightest idea?
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2006, 20:22   #22

I agree. We ARE going down.................

Down South to play the likes of Wycombe, Barnet and Swindon.

Roll ON 2007!!!
Old 25-12-2006, 20:31   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettler View Post
Who are the players we are going to sign in January? Does anyone have the slightest idea?
I was just thinking the same thing. We are all expecting players to come but what if we cant afford them? What if we struggle to attract them?

Is the money from the transfers of craney and roberts definately being used to fund new players?

Without being negative and just an opinion, i dont think we will be able to attract players with reputations in the division, therefore, its either young players with little experience, players from lower divisions with no experience (I was thinking of donaldson at york but apparently he is being chased by clubs with more money and a better league status), or older slower players who have experience but are "past it".

I hope i am wrong but how can we attract really good players to the crown ground? Low crowds, little atmosphere, low wages etc etc.

I am hoping that JC and JB's knowledge of the lower leagues will uncover some gems.
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2006, 21:08   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossendaleRed View Post
I am hoping that JC and JB's knowledge of the lower leagues will uncover some gems.
We're all hoping the same thing.

Nobody (in their right mind) is thinking that we're going to be signing top quality players, but the squad as it is at the moment is down to bare bones and that leaves Coleman with no options. Once the squad is replenished we'll be a stronger propostion. Whether that'll be enough is another matter.
Old 25-12-2006, 22:27   #25
God Member

Well said Macca - a lot of these who are moaning are the newer fans who have only known the good times. Believe me, it's been worse than this, supporting a football team is a bit like a marriage - you take the good with the bad. Keep the Faith
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 10:34   #26

Talking Re: we are goin down

Despite the heavy defeat at Bristol Rovers on Saturday, I don't for one moment think we will be going down. I am convinced that our present position is due not only to Gary and Ian going (both of which I think were sad for the club), but also incredibly back luck with injuries all happening at the same time, reducing us to the bare bones of a team without being able to sign any permanent new faces.

Up to and including the game at Torquay, we had really got into a groove and were playing well with an unbeaten run of 8 matches - and with 23 games to go (and three teams still below us, despite us being at our lowest point), there is plenty of time to put the ship right and sail to calmer waters in a mid table position. The time to worry is IF (and only if) we get ourselves into a position like Torquay were in last season - six points adrift at the bottom with six matches to go - and then Ian Atkins motivated them sufficiently to escape the drop. Coley is, I am sure, a better manager than Ian Atkins !

We are obviously not going to win the title this season (I think Walsall will do that) and it is very unlikely we will reach a play-off position, but I definitely see this season as being one of consolidation, before we move onwards and upwards to better things in the 2007/2008 season !

So on Stanley on - and good luck for the match with Bury this afternoon !!!
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 14:03   #27

Still see no light cmonstanley?!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 15:34   #28

Smile Re: we are goin down

To be fair - further down the thread he did apologise and said we could kick his butt - bend over....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 15:40   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Spaceman View Post
The time to worry is IF (and only if) we get ourselves into a position like Torquay were in last season - six points adrift at the bottom with six matches to go - and then Ian Atkins motivated them sufficiently to escape the drop. Coley is, I am sure, a better manager than Ian Atkins !

We are obviously not going to win the title this season (I think Walsall will do that) and it is very unlikely we will reach a play-off position, but I definitely see this season as being one of consolidation, before we move onwards and upwards to better things in the 2007/2008 season !

And this season as well, but this season there is now no Ian Atkins. Just out of interest, I wonder which League 2 club has expressed an interest in the current captain at Chester, who according to teletext is on the verge of leaving

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...er/6225015.stm

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 18:01   #30
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
looks like we are going down .cant see any light at the end of the tunnel

good to see your keepin optimistic we will stay up because there are ova teams much worse than us even when we have injurys and things plus with it bein january now coley bring in a few stars that no one heard of eg gary roberts who then turn amazin
ste_doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..