Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2006, 21:32   #1
God Member

Unhappy we are goin down

looks like we are going down .cant see any light at the end of the tunnel .this is when the truth about coley will emerge is he a football genius only time will tell...........if he gets us out of this mess he will be
no strikers..will he revert to 4-5-1=against bury.....you never know he might find a winning combination by mistake
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2006, 21:40   #2
God Member

Re: we are goin down

its not over yet,although i think we really need to put one over on the shakers, restore the faith and regain some pride, we`ve only just arrived in the league so give it time, keep the faith and `bury` the berry b**tards.!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 21:42   #3
Super Moderator

Get a grip, man. It's only December!
Old 23-12-2006, 21:46   #4
Senior Member+

The "Pirates of the Severn" have given the good ship Stanley a shot across the bows - that's all.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 21:48   #5
God Member

We're only just halfway through the season, plenty of time yet,
PANIC if we're still in the same place end of march

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 21:50   #6

well said pipinfort. when we are back to anything near full strength we will pick up the points to survive. At the moment we are hit with injuries, suspensions and as a result players are also playing out of position. To be fair a full strength said would have struggled today. There are a lot of decent sides in this division and if we are not at our best we are always going to get punished. We've a couple of home games coming up which we can pick up points from, though wrexham away will be very difficult as i'm sure they will want to get revenge for the demolision job we did on em earlier in the season. Keep the faith.
Old 23-12-2006, 22:04   #7
God Member

so what if we go down?

what does it mean to everyone if we go down? Are we supporting the Stanley just cos they happen to have won a few titles in the last six or seven years? If that is the reason then the FES will be a happier place next season IF we go down. Too many doomers knocking around and you can all go to hell. I dont remember most of you when there was 20 of us in a 56 crowd at Bootle in the eighties, or get our arses kicked annually at Holker St, or what about taking over every portacabin clubhouse we ever went to. I'll still be watching Stanley when the ladies team are in a higher league, or when the players are supporting the Ultras team cos they are better. I'll still be the only Stanley fan at my works and I'll still be proud to tell everybody who I watch.

IF we go down, we will have made a few bob from increased fourfold sponsorship sold out for the season, we will have made the 1/4 million from Nationwide TV rights, we will have the parachute payments and we will have been there and lived the dream that for 44 years was not even thinkable of.

The club will learn from the mistakes, use the money wisely (would we have got 200k for Roberts or 150k for Craney as a non-league side? no) and will come back better and stronger for it. Coley and Eric will still be the men for me because they enabled us to live the dream if only for a few months. The lesson to be learned is that we need the staff on and off the pitch to survive. If you trim your christmas tree too much there will be nowhere to hang the tinsel.

Bring on 2007, and if it is half as eventful as 2006 then I will be even prouder to call myself a Stanleyite.
Old 23-12-2006, 22:17   #8
Super Moderator

Well said, Macca, every word you spoke there is true. Incidentally, I don't remember most of you when there were 60 of us at a rapidly-decaying Peel Park in 1965, but I'll let most of you off as you weren't born then.

But you're right on the money there, if the unthinkable does happen and the glory hunters disappear, I, like you, will be standing on the Clayton End, proud to be a Stanleyite!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 23-12-2006 at 22:20.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 22:54   #9
God Member

for crying out loud... it was hard enough listening to bristol rovers fans singing it.. its bloody hard to come back all this way to read stanley fans saying it... especialy ones who sat at home in the warm all day just to then start telling us we are going down SUPPORT your team! january sales are coming up...

oh and it was bloomin cold down there today
Old 23-12-2006, 22:57   #10
God Member

the gloryhunters have already dissappeared anyway sorry for being so gloomy you are right weve been in worse situations roll on boxing day i take it all back kick my butt ..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 23:22   #11
God Member

Things can only get better people.

January is fast approaching when we will see John Coleman resurrect Stanley, I'm sure of it.
Scraping draws against Shrewsbury and Macclesfield have been good achievments with the bare bones of a squad we have had to put up with after the bad luck that has come to us through injuries, suspensions and curtis mcdonald.

I've got more faith than ever.
Come on Stanley.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 00:06   #12
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
looks like we are going down .cant see any light at the end of the tunnel .this is when the truth about coley will emerge is he a football genius only time will tell...........if he gets us out of this mess he will be
no strikers..will he revert to 4-5-1=against bury.....you never know he might find a winning combination by mistake
We’re not going down, not this season or the next. The team have had some fluctuating luck over the last two months with changes in the line up forced because of transfers, injuries and a few hard knocks. After today the lads, John and Jimmy included have had their faces rubbed well and truly in the mire. This is a funny game of highs and lows and at this moment it’s a **** stinking low.

This team, the management and the supporters need to focus on what’s to come and not what’s gone, we can’t change the past, but we can dictate to outcome of the future.

This is a learning season and I believe we’ll end it mid table, it will be hard fought, we will say goodbye to some fantastic lads and welcome new heroes. Get behind them, have pride and be resolute. We are Accrington Stanley, we might **** up, but we never ever die...

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 02:01   #13

Sack the Board!!!!!!!!! and for Macca n' spud , well!!!!!!

Who gives a S%%% we won't go down, and if we do then roll on he conference, I quite liked it anywy....oh f*** it time 4 bed!

On Stanley On, we lived the dream at least!
PaulMullinsForehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 02:16   #14
God Member

i am still here ya know!
Old 24-12-2006, 08:13   #15

Come on fellas...keep the faith.

JC and JB have never been in this position before, but they WILL now show their true management capabilities and get you out of trouble.

Merry Christmas from all at CP...see you next Christmas IN the FL.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..