Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 11:16   #46
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: We want your manager!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeways View Post
Look this is how it works, we are a big fish in your small pond, if we want your manager we will have him, its DOG eat DOG. He would def leave for the mighty bantams. Why begrudge a man a great chance in life.
You might have been a big fish 3 seasons ago But your just as much a tiddler in as you say our pond as us pal!! ps go away now your becoming a pest
Old 09-02-2010, 11:26   #47
God Member

Quote:
Look this is how it works, we are a big fish in your small pond, if we want your manager we will have him, its DOG eat DOG. He would def leave for the mighty bantams. Why begrudge a man a great chance in life.
What chance? To be eaten by dogs in a few months time? That's a really attractive sales pitch for anyone who's daft enough to consider joining Bradford.

Coley ain't a fish, dog, or bantam. What kind of zoo are they running at Bradford?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:36   #48
God Member

Exclamation Re: We want your manager!

Quote:
Look this is how it works, we are a big fish in your small pond , if we want your manager we will have him , its DOG eat DOG. He would def leave for the mighty bantams Why begrudge a man a great chance in life
Friend, I think you need to learn how to use the smilies on this forum, nevermind matey, I have fixed it for you

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:46   #49
Senior Member+

This has just appeared on teamtalk

Stanley: Bantams not after Coleman | Bradford City | English League Two | Football News from TEAMtalk

Something rather alarming comes up in this and that is that Coley and Jimmy are still not contracted to the club. If this article is right then they both could just walk away and we'd get no compensation and be left right in the brown stuff. I was under the impression that this had been sorted as soon as we dealt with the taxman in october.

Why the delay?

We don't have the luxury anymore of trusting to loyalty, Coley and Jimmy are starting to attract some major admirers and sooner or later an offer is going to be on the table that they might want to give a go.

Worried.com!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:57   #50
Junior Member+

You see no smoke without fire, hes coming to bradford!!!!! Woohooo
strangeways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:28   #51
God Member

Shall we stop feeding the Troll now?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:30   #52
Senior Member+

but its fun!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 13:11   #53
Junior Member+

Ok peeps I am sorry!!!! I was only messing with the small club insults and was just trying to get a reaction! (hangs head in shame), it's great seeing you do so well and you must be one of the best run clubs in the country And yes I am jealous of your management team, you have something special at accy and I hope you keep progressing through the leagues!!!.
strangeways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 13:40   #54
Junior Member+

We want him because his record is so good, I think he was an outsider on our boards but the closer we look at his record the better bet he looks, definitely a groundswell of support growing for Coleman now.

I think an ex-bantam is a no-no and the 3 top guys in Div2 (who'll know all about our squad) are obvious, Hill, probably going onto higher things quickly, Knill, said he's not interested (as if) but he is too ugly anyway, and Coleman.

We'll see, be bitterly disppointed if we end up with journeyman manager or a minging one like Dowie. I don't think anything will happen soon, I think we are going to see out the season and then make our move, no point in upsetting another club now and not much chance of a successful manager moving now.

What if we give you "big club" pre-season friendly as a sweetener
Abbomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 14:48   #55

that would be good a big club sweetner DO YOU KNOW A BIG CLUB THEN
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 15:40   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbomf View Post

What if we give you "big club" pre-season friendly as a sweetener
Thanks but we already have pre-season friendlies with a few "Big Clubs", all of which are BIGGER than Bradford and all begin with B
Blackburn
Burnley
and
Burscough

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 16:38   #57
God Member

I thought I had logged on to the pages of the Angling Times with all the Fishermen out for a bite on these pages

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 17:47   #58
Junior Member+

BCFC fan in peace...Word on the street...JC has already agreed to join BCFC at the end of the season, this agreement has been in place for a couple of weeks now. Expect Jacko to take over end of this week/start of next and JC to join the mighty bantams once the season is up. Thoughts? As a city fan I couldnt be much happier with this news!!
luca123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 18:05   #59
Senior Member+

Chat some rubbish you people, I also feel this source is incorrect - Stanley: Bantams not after Coleman | Bradford City | English League Two | Football News from TEAMtalk
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 18:12   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca123 View Post
BCFC fan in peace...Word on the street...JC has already agreed to join BCFC at the end of the season, this agreement has been in place for a couple of weeks now. Expect Jacko to take over end of this week/start of next and JC to join the mighty bantams once the season is up. Thoughts? As a city fan I couldnt be much happier with this news!!
Anyone else see that pig flying earlier today?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..