Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 19:15   #61
Junior Member+

Re: We want your manager!

"However, I would like to think that John would like to continue and bring to fruition Stanley's promotion hopes this season. We are on a such a good run and it would be a devastating blow to us if he were to leave."
From the horses mouth Nickelson, Chief Exec Robert Heys. He's going nowhere.....this season.
luca123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2010, 19:22   #62
Senior Member+

So he would take a club to a league higher than yourselfs, also a club in which he is already a legend having developed it from the darker non-league days. He aint no Owen Coyle
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 19:40   #63
Junior Member+

You say it as if a manager has never dropped down a league - we just need to look at our neighbours Leeds for proof of that. (And thats IF you guys go up). And whilst you bring up Owen Coyle, would he not have been classed as a legend at Burnley before moving on? Hence the unruly reaction he recieved from the Burnley fans when the two sides came head to head. I'm not going to justify it with that were bigger than you rubbish as others would (the main reason i dont post on the BCFC forums - a lot of our fans have that attitude as you have seen on here yourself.). We are who we are. A tinpot club in a tinpot league with a bit of history behind us. As far as I am concerned we are going no where fast. However, the view I take is how far can accy go really? And that too, it would seem, is the same opinion John Coleman has fortunatly for us (IMO) and unfortunatly for you in (it would seem) the majoritys opinion.
Old 09-02-2010, 19:43   #64
Junior Member+

I can see the sweat starting to trickle down your foreheads..........

Anyway, you have had him for 11 seasons, why can't we have him for a bit? I read in 442 that he got some abuse from your fans at one time, "Scousers out" type of stuff, abuse of our leader would never happen at Bradford

"John Coleman's Bradford Army" will soon be echoing around the Crown, he won't be able to resist............
Abbomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 19:59   #65
God Member

For goodness sake, do you lot not have a forum of your own to spout on?
Or maybe you're all closet Stanley fans - you say you covet our manager but maybe you're all wishing you are part of the Stanley family
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 20:06   #66
Junior Member+

Yes, there are several Bradford forums. All as rubbish as the last. As I said, AccyMad, I come in peace and am not looking to cause trouble. Being "AccyMad" I would imagine you would want info on the imminent departure of your manager at the end of the season. And youre damn right, I would love to have the kind of spirit, endevour and frankly quality your team posess, perhaps next season.
Old 09-02-2010, 21:52   #67
God Member

4 nil at Northampton tonight .... sure you still want Coley?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 21:54   #68
Junior Member+

O.o 4-0 to Northampton? Looks like there's trouble within the team? I think it's all the speculation linking their manager to a big club???
strangeways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 21:57   #69
God Member

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 22:02   #70
Junior Member+

Like I 've said AccyMad, its not a case of us wanting him or you wanting to keep him, its a done deal already.
Old 09-02-2010, 23:18   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca123 View Post
Like I 've said AccyMad, its not a case of us wanting him or you wanting to keep him, its a done deal already.
And I'm assuming your part of the Bradford board and this is how you know this fact.

I must admit tonights redult hints at unrest.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 23:25   #72
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I surpose we're gona get this dribble all the way up to the home game on the 20th against you lot
Old 10-02-2010, 12:52   #73
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I surpose we're gona get this dribble all the way up to the home game on the 20th against you lot
Nope, I will leave it now, looks like some of you more sensible accy fans can see im being honest. For the rest, I will just pop back on come June time for a quick gloat.

I must admit tonights redult hints at unrest."
You're bang on it does. Bit out of character for you lot to get stuffed 4-0 albeit by a decent team. Like I said, I'll be back...
Old 10-02-2010, 15:50   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca123 View Post
Nope, I will leave it now, looks like some of you more sensible accy fans can see im being honest. For the rest, I will just pop back on come June time for a quick gloat.

I must admit tonights redult hints at unrest."
You're bang on it does. Bit out of character for you lot to get stuffed 4-0 albeit by a decent team. Like I said, I'll be back...
Don't bother, when we get promoted in May, why would JC and JB want to walk away from a League One club back to a League Two has been club

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 21:26   #75
Junior Member+

Not too bright you lot are you? Despite having a brilliant management team, the chances of you going up are slim. Plus (again with the not too bright point) its a done deal, the t's have been crossed, the i's have been dotted and he will be leading us out next season. So I suggest you enjoy him while you can. And I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season. After we humiliate you that is.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..