Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2010, 21:58   #76
God Member

Re: We want your manager!

Mm a bradford fan calling stanley fans "not too bright " on the stanley forum isn't very bright either lol jonny coleman football genious long lives and propers in a stanley wonderland!
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29   #77
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device i thought bradford where bringing back Paul Jewell!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31   #78
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca123 View Post
Not too bright you lot are you? Despite having a brilliant management team, the chances of you going up are slim.
What are the chances of Bradford going up ? A lot slimmer than our chances. Plus you are skint, you are even now spending next season's season ticket sales money and at the start of this season your budget was cut by 25%. By the time next season starts you will have spent all of your season ticket money and be relying on gate money from the away fans. That's not very bright is it ? You will be lucky if you don't go into administration next season.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39   #79
Senior Member+

Get Coleman & Jimmy signed up to long term deals, its the only way forward

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 13:07   #80
Super Moderator

There you have it from the horse's mouth...

Jimmy Bell column (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Get it sorted quick...before someone else does!
Old 11-02-2010, 13:45   #81
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
What are the chances of Bradford going up ? A lot slimmer than our chances. Plus you are skint, you are even now spending next season's season ticket sales money and at the start of this season your budget was cut by 25%. By the time next season starts you will have spent all of your season ticket money and be relying on gate money from the away fans. That's not very bright is it ? You will be lucky if you don't go into administration next season.
In peace I'll address your points so you know the facts.

Are chances of us going up are zippo.
We are financially stable, very.
We have not spent 1p of next years ST money, it's ring fenced for next season, it always is. I have no idea why you think we have spent money, it was an Xmas ST offer that sold 6k+ ST's. The real ST prices for next season have still to be determined and are not even on sale yet.
I don't know if your figure of 25% is right, it might be. But, the previous year we had the top budget and even with the cut, this years was top 5.

Keep hearing Dowie, but As far as I know one of our co-chairmen is "fixed" on Coleman, I hope he gets him You need to make Coleman (and Bell) an offer they can't refuse, sharpish.
Abbomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 17:56   #82

If you must have a Stanley manager you are more than welcome to the second most successful. He has experience as a director and you could pay him on washers. Can't see coley and jimmy leaving us now we are as stable as we have been in a decade for a basket case club so far from Liverpool. For the sake of harmony in my house I hope nothing comes of this. And Ilyas/Rob/whoever, think it's time someone put pen to paper
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 18:02   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbomf View Post

Keep hearing Dowie, but As far as I know one of our co-chairmen is "fixed" on Coleman, I hope he gets him You need to make Coleman (and Bell) an offer they can't refuse, sharpish.
Does the co-chairmen thing work?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 19:05   #84
Senior Member+

Lets be honest, Bradford have a fan base and infastructure to sit comfortably in the championship if not push to be back in the premiership.

As much as I would be devistated if John and Jimmy left, I could understand it.
It makes sense for them, they have alot to gain and not a great deal to lose from a footballing point of view.
If they get Stanley promoted our time in league one would be about survival. If they got Bradford into league one it would be about another promotion push.

Maybe Accrington has more appeal from a personal point of view for Jimmy and John as it is far easier to commute to from Liverpool; getting to Bradford in the morning rush hour can take upto 2 hours. There is lots for them to consider both on and off the pitch.
Old 11-02-2010, 20:09   #85
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Lets be honest, Bradford have a fan base and infastructure to sit comfortably in the championship if not push to be back in the premiership.

As much as I would be devistated if John and Jimmy left, I could understand it.
It makes sense for them, they have alot to gain and not a great deal to lose from a footballing point of view.
If they get Stanley promoted our time in league one would be about survival. If they got Bradford into league one it would be about another promotion push.

Maybe Accrington has more appeal from a personal point of view for Jimmy and John as it is far easier to commute to from Liverpool; getting to Bradford in the morning rush hour can take upto 2 hours. There is lots for them to consider both on and off the pitch.
At last a sensible stanley fan!!!
strangeways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 20:13   #86
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Does the co-chairmen thing work?
Do 2 co-bosses work in any business? The investor, Mr Lawn owns 49% and Mr Rhodes 51%, Rhodes can't, for complex historical reasons, afford to leave until the club is reasonably successful again, say, mid-championship.

It seems Rhodes is a cautious man, (although not cautious enough to stop our ex-chairman runnning amok for 6 weeks in 2001 giving out 20-40k a week contracts) rarely makes a public utterance and Lawn, a self made man, is a big, loud bloke in a rush, fair enough, he has the balls to invest in the debacle that is Bradford City, but not a marriage made in heaven that's for sure.

What's the latest on the contract for your two?

DAV007, Ok, not in rush hour but Valley Parade to Liverpool is 1h 20 mins, VP is 10 minutes from the M62 he wouldn't be going the Skipton route!
Abbomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 20:41   #87
Senior Member+

For 8 months I commuted between Otley and Manchester @500 miles a week via the Bradford Ring Road - it half killed me and put about 17000 miles on my car. That was 16 years ago - it would not be possible for me now. The traffic is a lot worse now. Then I had to regularly divert off the M62 because of accidents.

Fuel was a lot cheaper then. Cars and fuel are going to get a lot more expensive.

I am sure John and Jimmy would rather spend their time with their friends and family than sitting on the M62 with all the sheep.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 21:05   #88
Super Moderator

Come on someone, get those soddin' contracts drawn up tomorrow and get 'em to sit down and sign. You hear me?
Old 11-02-2010, 21:15   #89
Senior Member+

Im currently driving to doncaster daily and unless I leave at 6am, it can often take 2 hours to get past the Bradford turn off.

Thats one of many things for them to consider. What I would like to know; was Stuart McCall just not up to it or did he not have the resource to make significant changes to the playing squad?
Old 11-02-2010, 21:51   #90
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Why as this thread gone to 6 pages of speculation and hutter garbage carrieing on!! if Bradford wanted JC & JB then why haven't they been in for them this week?????And if JC &JB were intrested in the job whats stopping them moving on??????? no written contracts just verbal one's The answer must be THERE NOT INTRESTED so lets stop feeding the TROLLS

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..