Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2019, 22:55   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
I don't want to come to the Fleetwood game because I live over 200 miles away near Yeovil in Somerset so it's too far for me
On his own admission, Somerset suffers from Asperger's Syndrome. He displays the classic symptoms
  • fascination with certain topics (such a pity that his is the weather in Accrington)
  • difficulty with interpreting both verbal and non-verbal language (so he fails to understand humour, irony and sarcasm)
  • lack of common sense
  • tendency to engage in one-sided conversations (about oneself)

It is not an illness so cannot be cured.

Sadly, all our jibes and sarky comments will not make him stop. He does not understand them. I gave him the dates of the Yeovil games that had been postponed because of the weather - that had no effect. I know he is a total irritant - the only way to stop him is to remove his posts and/or ban him.

Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2019, 00:38   #17
God Member

He's back !!!

Last edited by Kiwi John; 17-03-2019 at 00:42.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 00:41   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Is your real name SIMON?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 07:38   #19

He is totally wacky and unique. Either very sad or the smartest WUM ever. I like browsing the forums and haven't seen him pop up anywhere else other than on here. Why he should rock up on the Accy forum is beyond me. Having games called off is totally frustrating for footy fans, but not really being an Accy fan I can look at this with a detached view.He gets a rise from you every time so that's probably what keeps him going. Not easy but maybe just ignore him and he might get fed up. There again this is not a normal person we are talking about so I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe just treasure him. After all you're the only forum in the whole world with you're very own SOMERSET!

EDIT. Apologies, ignore the above, just noticed that someone mentioned earlier that he has Aspergers syndrome. That explains it all. Not a very pleasant mental condition to suffer from so yes maybe best to either just ban him or play along with it now knowing the reason for it.

Last edited by Interested Observer; 17-03-2019 at 07:43. Reason: Just read earlier post.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 08:50   #20
God Member

[QUOTE=Revived Red;1225643] I know he is a total irritant - the only way to stop him is to remove his posts and/or ban him.

i,d go with that. was funny at first but the joke has gone more than stale now. not as if he is or way a stanley fan either. needs to concentrate on matters nearer home like the form of yeovil town .
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 09:11   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't want to come to the Fleetwood game because I live over 200 miles away near Yeovil in Somerset so it's too far for me
Don't worry about the distance. We can arrange an early pitch inspection before you set off. Just in case.
AccyMad likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 13:33   #22
Super Moderator

What's all this talk about banning Somerset? He's not a troll or a wind-up merchant, and I doubt he'd even understand the concept of those terms. He's a harmless individual who, due to his condition, has an unusual way of communicating with people. Like AccyMad and Kiwi, I find he brightens up the tedium of a cancelled fixture day. However, for those who he irritates, the answer's simple - he never interrupts on other members' threads, he just starts his own whenever there's a cancelled fixture. So just don't open his threads, then everybody's happy!
MikeA, AccyMad, Tin Monkey and 6 others like this.
Old 17-03-2019, 16:29   #23

Quote:
I used to watch Yeovil Town but I don't anymore as every time I watch them they always lose
Have you ever had a girlfriend Somerset??
Old 17-03-2019, 17:28   #24
Senior Member+

Genius.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 19:07   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Not funny Mr. Rocket.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 19:11   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What's all this talk about banning Somerset? He's not a troll or a wind-up merchant, and I doubt he'd even understand the concept of those terms. He's a harmless individual who, due to his condition, has an unusual way of communicating with people. Like AccyMad and Kiwi, I find he brightens up the tedium of a cancelled fixture day. However, for those who he irritates, the answer's simple - he never interrupts on other members' threads, he just starts his own whenever there's a cancelled fixture. So just don't open his threads, then everybody's happy!
Spot on Mr. H

Is there any chance that - in your position - you could stop people closing threads for no apparent reason??

Wynonie Harris likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 19:22   #27
Super Moderator

Joe;

it's me that's closed the thread as I thought he was "not welcome".

If the guys not well, that's sad.

I can confirm he has also written to the club demanding we install undersoil heating!!

New pitch, £250k + add in undersoil heating, cira £150k and we won't hear from Joe W ( Somerset) again
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 20:31   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
No I have not ever had a girlfriend.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 20:37   #29
Super Moderator

"Not welcome"? Who says he's not welcome? As far as I and quite a few others are concerned, he's got a right to post on here if he wants to. As I said before, he only posts on the threads he starts,so it's quite easy for our more irritable members to avoid him, if they wish!
MikeA, AccyMad, KiTChener and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 17-03-2019 at 20:43.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 21:17   #30

Me, Somerset, Malcolm the Mole and 28 will form our own Persona non Grata club. I draw the line at Davo though
KiTChener likes this.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..