Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2019, 14:43   #1
Member
 

Weather

For next home game against Fleetwood on 30 March the weather basically has to be dry as I would not want to see two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which I would find a disgusting disgrace. I saw a photo of the pitch online today and there was unfortunately no way the game could be played as one corner is very underwater. Here's hoping the weather will be dry for the next home game.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2019, 14:58   #2
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Weather

Is your real name SIMON?
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 15:10   #3
Member
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Is your real name SIMON?
No, it is Joe Wills and I think major work needs doing on the pitch during the summer as Burnley's game up the road has gone ahead with no problems.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 15:13   #4
Full Member
 

Re: Weather

Thats because even their forks have six fingers
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 15:15   #5
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
No, it is Joe Wills and I think major work needs doing on the pitch during the summer as Burnley's game up the road has gone ahead with no problems.
You're right, & that work would cost approximately 250,000 - feel free to donate to the cause. Thank you
Revived Red likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 15:29   #6
Junior Member+
 

Re: Weather

You've got to admit Somerset is a bit of a legend.How does someones' brain work when season in season out he only appears when you have a game off and then he comes on the forum totally disgusted and horrified to think the next game might be off as well! His whole raison d'etre is rain and your pitch. One word..........UNIQUE!
smudgie likes this.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 15:31   #7
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Weather

Or yeh could say brain dead?
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 15:45   #8
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
You've got to admit Somerset is a bit of a legend.How does someones' brain work when season in season out he only appears when you have a game off and then he comes on the forum totally disgusted and horrified to think the next game might be off as well! His whole raison d'etre is rain and your pitch. One word..........UNIQUE!
Bless him, he certainly gives us some entertainment on days like this when we've no game
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 18:55   #9
Full Member+
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
For next home game against Fleetwood the weather basically has to be dry as I would not want to see two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which I would find a disgusting disgrace.
This is laughable on a day when several other games became victims of the atrocious weather.
I don't know where you live Somerset, but our local area has suffered from flooding with people's homes put at risk.
The only disgusting disgrace is your pathetic post.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 18:56   #10
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Smile Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
For next home game against Fleetwood on 30 March the weather basically has to be dry as I would not want to see two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which I would find a disgusting disgrace. I saw a photo of the pitch online today and there was unfortunately no way the game could be played as one corner is very underwater. Here's hoping the weather will be dry for the next home game.


Could I ask Somerset, do you ever/actually watch football??

__________________
JCFG

13 Years in the Football League


308
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 19:01   #11
Member
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Could I ask Somerset, do you ever/actually watch football??

I used to watch Yeovil Town but I don't anymore as every time I watch them they always lose
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 19:10   #12
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Smile Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
I used to watch Yeovil Town but I don't anymore as every time I watch them they always lose
If you want to come along to the Fleetwood game, let me know - P.M. me - and we can meet up

__________________
JCFG

13 Years in the Football League


308
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 19:31   #13
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Could I ask Somerset, do you ever/actually watch football??

Doubt it, he's too busy watching the weather forecasts
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 20:59   #14
Member
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
If you want to come along to the Fleetwood game, let me know - P.M. me - and we can meet up

I don't want to come to the Fleetwood game because I live over 200 miles away near Yeovil in Somerset so it's too far for me
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 21:10   #15
Full Member+
 

Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
I used to watch Yeovil Town but I don't anymore as every time I watch them they always lose
Never mind S/S you know the old saying, it never rains but it pours
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 13:44.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.32708 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1