Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2016, 14:54   #16
Full Member+

Re: Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Good common sense post Exile people will always argue about cost but alas some just want whoever's in charge to fall on their sword not what I call support.
Exile, I think you are missing a couple of points made in other posts. My particular beef is that our new MD removed the adult disability concession without any warning or consultation with any supporter affected, he has had someone do a sweep of what other clubs are doing and had it checked with various bodies that he was legal which he is. Although the price is not the real issue it is his high handed manner, so we go to the match and are now told that money will not be taken at the turnstiles any more for safety reasons yet you can buy your ticket from a booth. what is the safety point then. Add to that the sudden departure of a long serving employee like Rob Heys as he seems to know more about running the club than the current MD. so I smell a rat. I do know of other issues other fans have with this MD but that is up to them to make it public again if they wish. I as a long time fan of the club remember the time we looked after the sick, disabled, and unemployed. they all got a reduced price. Now at last nights game I saw what the MD meant as the 10.000 or s supporters were clambering to get in.
I am afraid Andy Holt has in my opinion made a bad appointment. It is a tragedy that a club on the cusp of football history has a man like this in charge. Just for the record ask what we offer injured ex servicemen and women in the way of concessions on the club website err nothing. so we are no longer a community club we are an exclusive club. The prices you mention are good but the way this man is handling the fans and staff is disastrous. If you challenge him he simply say's you are being negative. I am afraid if he is there next season then I won't be coming but that is my choice. The man is deluded that we are a premiership club, He obviously reads other clubs websites and pinches ideas and soundbites. No substance.
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2016, 16:15   #17
Super Moderator

Re: Website

I'm going to close this thread as it's gone totally off topic.

The website was down; massive server issue; nowt to do with Club. When we were mad aware of "issue" Lee and Dan re-acted and got it sorted.

Feel free to continue discussing all other stuff on the relevant threads OR start one that stays on the subject!!
Red-Osbornello and DAV007 like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..