Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2016, 06:46   #1
I am Banned

Website

Anyone else having trouble accessing the main stanley site?
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2016, 06:51   #2
God Member

Re: Website

Me too.
Old 24-02-2016, 07:34   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cant access at all.
Old 24-02-2016, 07:49   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

It'l be a maintenance close down I would think ..
Old 24-02-2016, 08:07   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
It'l be a maintenance close down I would think ..
Yeh mean another instance of this new Transparency?
Old 24-02-2016, 09:04   #6
God Member

Tried this morning, kept coming up saying it was a 'suspended site' - whatever that means??
Old 24-02-2016, 09:22   #7
God Member

Back on.
Old 24-02-2016, 10:03   #8
God Member

Finally something on about the change in paying at the games.
Old 24-02-2016, 10:18   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Tried to listen to JCs interview was unable to hear it proper cos of the stupid music playing, whats all that about?
Old 24-02-2016, 11:26   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Finally something on about the change in paying at the games.
Is this guy mad. He says it will make it quicker and smoother to go to a booth to buy a ticket then go to the turnstile to get in.

If he thinks people will buy in advance he could be in for a shock as I think the last time we did advance sales nobody bought them other than me and a few others.

I could see the point if we had computerised turnstiles but we don't and the cost of them would be stupidity.

He might know about administration but his skills with fans are sadly lacking.
Old 24-02-2016, 12:35   #11
God Member

Completely agree, I can't see the logic in this at all - if or when the gates increase significantly, then yes maybe it would work better.
I know a lot of other clubs operate cashless turnstiles but this is mainly at the larger grounds & it can be frustrating in some cases to have to walk a mile or two further to find the ticket office & then go back to the correct turnstile - I know we don't have that problem in terms of distance as our ground is a lot more compact than others but it still doesn't seem to make much sense.
Aside from the inconvenience for the fans, who is going to operate these ticket booths which are going to pop up near the turnstiles or have we suddenly taken on a few extra staff??
And why just now when we are trying to encourage 'floaters' to come to Stanley to witness our assault on the League 2 promotion spots - if there is justification for this decision it would be good if this could be explained to the fans - a little communication done in the right way goes a long way
Old 24-02-2016, 13:39   #12
God Member

we definitely need a clear the air meeting. too much has happened lately.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 13:47   #13
God Member

Has it been such a bad winter in Accy, or is the recent outbreak of moaning about tickets, prices, and means of entry on here down to some virus?

For those can afford it, an early-bird season ticket works out at £8.65 a game; £6.95 for concessions.
For those who can't, with a £30 Loyalty Card you are 'quids in' if you get to 7 games or more. If you have an Under 12 with you, you'd be 'quids in' by the 3rd game. Maybe other deals will be offered over the season. By their nature, deals change all the time.
But if you don't know whether you can make that many games, the walk-on price of £20 for an adult is pretty standard these days, however much we'd all like to get in for less (not that reducing the price seems to make much difference to the gate).

As for having to buy a ticket before entry, that is also pretty common at many away grounds. I had to do it at Oxford just last Saturday and it didn't delay my entry at all. The security guards took the ticket stubs as they don't have much else to do before the game starts.

I can think of one sound business reason why the club would want to get away from cash at the turnstiles (alluded to by one earlier post, possibly) and, if it's the case, then it's worrying for the club. If you can't fathom it out, ask yourself why the price of many goods in shops are priced at ...99p. It's not done to cause delay or inconvenience to the customer, nor to help distribute one penny coins throughout the nation.
Outback Ozzy and andyd like this.
Old 24-02-2016, 14:22   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Has it been such a bad winter in Accy, or is the recent outbreak of moaning about tickets, prices, and means of entry on here down to some virus?

For those can afford it, an early-bird season ticket works out at £8.65 a game; £6.95 for concessions.
For those who can't, with a £30 Loyalty Card you are 'quids in' if you get to 7 games or more. If you have an Under 12 with you, you'd be 'quids in' by the 3rd game. Maybe other deals will be offered over the season. By their nature, deals change all the time.
But if you don't know whether you can make that many games, the walk-on price of £20 for an adult is pretty standard these days, however much we'd all like to get in for less (not that reducing the price seems to make much difference to the gate).

As for having to buy a ticket before entry, that is also pretty common at many away grounds. I had to do it at Oxford just last Saturday and it didn't delay my entry at all. The security guards took the ticket stubs as they don't have much else to do before the game starts.

I can think of one sound business reason why the club would want to get away from cash at the turnstiles (alluded to by one earlier post, possibly) and, if it's the case, then it's worrying for the club. If you can't fathom it out, ask yourself why the price of many goods in shops are priced at ...99p. It's not done to cause delay or inconvenience to the customer, nor to help distribute one penny coins throughout the nation.
Good common sense post Exile people will always argue about cost but alas some just want whoever's in charge to fall on their sword not what I call support.
Old 24-02-2016, 14:27   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Good common sense post Exile people will always argue about cost but alas some just want whoever's in charge to fall on their sword not what I call support.
Call it what yeh want, i couldn't really give a toss.
winstanley asfc likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..