Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 13:30   #1
God Member

Website Player of The Season

Right folks, it's that time of year again. Post your votes on this thread for your favourite player, no restrictions on this one - any player who has played for us this season is eligible. Voting will close at midnight on Sunday 19th April and the trophy will be presented to the winner at the presentation evening on Saturday 25th.
(Can someone please sticky this thread for me - thank you)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2009, 13:39   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Website Player of The Season

It's a hard one too chose this year between Jimmy Ryan/Chris Turner/Phil Edwards. Since i voted for two out of the 3 players yesterday. My vote for website player of the year is for Phill Edwards.

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 05-04-2009 at 13:41.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 13:59   #3

phill edwards for me and if we are doing youg player it would be turner
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:06   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

oer the season ..... Kenny no doubt, young player Turner.
Old 05-04-2009, 14:25   #5
God Member

Thanks for votes so far but this one is just one award for one player, we did the player and young player of the year voting at the game yesterday as separate awards but don't usually do that on this one. So just one vote for one player from each poster please,sorry if that wasn't clear
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:42   #6
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Mr no sun beds this season - phil edwards for me please as poor liam has been out for most of the season lol.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 15:50   #7
God Member

For me it has to be......

Chris Turner

He has been an absolute revelation, he is still only a first year pro after coming through the ranks, Chris took his his chance with the first team when it was given and in my mind has got better with every game.

He is comfortable on the ball, hardly wastes possession and you get the feeling everytime he runs at the full backs somethings going to happen and is a crowd pleaser which is something very rare to find these days.

I think yesterday showed the balance he gives the side
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 16:37   #8
Senior Member+

Although I agree that Turner has been great, he's not played the whole season and I think we have to take that into account.

My vote has to go to Phil Edwards, as he's been consistently our best player. He's not the fastest player in the world, but he always gets there because the first yard is in his head. Now that's the sign of a good player.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 05-04-2009 at 16:41.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 16:40   #9
Senior Member+

This is as hard as the voting at the ground on Saturday. Phil Edwards, Kenny Arthur or Jimmy Ryan. As I voted for 2 out of those 3 yesterday, then my vote for website player is Scotlands no1 goalie, Kenny Arthur.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 17:00   #10

Kenny
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 17:20   #11
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Website Player of The Season

Jimmy Ryan, been in a different league to most of the other team. He's been this seasons Jay Harris
MadFerIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 17:28   #12

got to be jimmy ryan for me. chris turner has only played a handful of games and cannot get near jimmys phils or kennys consistency
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 18:53   #13
Senior Member+

Jimmy Ryan for me. I think he has made a real difference to the team. Although didn't have one of his better games yesterday. But throughout the season I think he has been excellent
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 18:56   #14
God Member

Phil Edwards, the season's most consistent performer by far, closely followed by Jimmy Ryan.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 19:02   #15
Super Moderator

Kenny Arthur...without him, we'd all be very nervous indeed by now!

Incidentally, I reckon that this time next year a helluva lot of people will be voting for Lindfield for player of the season...mark my words!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 05-04-2009 at 19:09. Reason: Thought of something else I wanted to say.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..