Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 18:47   #16

Re: Website Player of The Season

Jimmy Ryan from what I've seen this season.
Old 06-04-2010, 19:17   #17
Senior Member+

Most improved player Iain Dunbavin, player of the season Darren Kempson
Old 06-04-2010, 19:45   #18
Senior Member+

symes
Old 06-04-2010, 19:49   #19
God Member

Might as well get my vote in before I forget - definately Phil Edwards for me
Old 06-04-2010, 20:59   #20
Junior Member+

Symes for me
Old 06-04-2010, 22:19   #21
Senior Member+

Phil Edwards please
Old 06-04-2010, 22:31   #22
Senior Member+

From what I have seen this season, this could be difficult. Up to now, Michael Symes has filled Paul Mullin's boots and then some. Darren Kempson, Tom Lees and Phil Edwards have been superb at the back as has Dean Winnard. Even Ian Dunbavin has had a better season than most would have believed. Midfield, Bobby Grant and Jimmy Ryan are absolutely blinding with pace at times and both have chipped in with goals.
But the player of the season for me - Michael Symes - please sign on the dotted line

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 06-04-2010, 22:44   #23
Senior Member+

I would have to go for Michael Symes. Taking the season as a whole, he's done really well.
Old 06-04-2010, 22:47   #24

defence conceded far too many goals for any of them to get a mention, too many uncharacteristic mistakes from sunbed, ryan not played enough in best position, grant too moody doesnt always give 100% so has to be symes for me by a country mile
Old 06-04-2010, 23:23   #25
God Member

I vote for Phil Edwards.

Honourable mention for Luke Joyce.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:22   #26

Thinking about it no-one has been brilliantly outstanding ALL season. Procter still appears to drive the team, Symes has been chipping in goals all season, Grant seems to have taken his foot off the gas recently, Kempson and Edwards have been solid (from what I've seen), Winnard is improving (after all this is his first season of first team football), Ryan has shown his quality in the centre, neither keeper has won the no.1 jersey and the wingers haven't been consistent enough.
I'm going to be random and go with John Miles, I think he's put in some good performance which have won us matches and on here may have gone unoticed. Big 'shout out' to Symes though...
Old 07-04-2010, 09:51   #27
God Member

I'm afraid I can't vote for Stanley's version of Matt le Tissier. My vote is for Phil Edwards.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 07-04-2010, 19:50   #28
Junior Member+

Actually ive changed my mind Ian Dunbavin for me
Old 08-04-2010, 11:00   #29
God Member

Please can we try & keep this thread to just votes & not bits of banter inbetween them, I'd really appreciate it - otherwise it's gonna make it hard work to count up at the end - thanks folks
Old 08-04-2010, 11:37   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Please can we try & keep this thread to just votes & not bits of banter inbetween them, I'd really appreciate it - otherwise it's gonna make it hard work to count up at the end - thanks folks
Exactly folks - ONE vote only please, & avoid temptation to banter or discuss the votes or they will be removed as some now already have been as its making the whole thread & counting of votes impossible!

Accymad would appreciate your support thanks

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 08-04-2010 at 11:49.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..