Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 07:31   #1
God Member

Website Player of The Season

Hi folks, it's that time of year again. Please vote on this thread for your favourite player of 2009/10 season.
One vote for one player per post please (makes it easier for me to count at the end )
Voting will stop at midnight on Sunday 25th April & trophy will be presented to the winner at the OSC presentation night on 1st May. Thanks.
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Website Player of The Season

Michael Symes

For me has been superb up front. And to go from the bench at the beginning of the season to the main focul point of our scoring shows how much he has improved....... SIMPLY BRILLIANT
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Michael Symes

For me has been superb up front. And to go from the bench at the beginning of the season to the main focul point of our scoring shows how much he has improved....... SIMPLY BRILLIANT
agree am a big fan, also think Winnard has been immense, but on replacing a stanley legend it gotta be "Symes" fer me.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:39   #4
Full Member+

Totally agree with the last two posts. Michael Symes has been a revelation this season, and he gets my vote.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:26   #5
Senior Member+

Liam Richardson fer me.
Only defender who has not made any errors this season
Old 06-04-2010, 11:28   #6

For me it was a close call between 3 players : Jimmy Ryan, Phil Edwards and Dr Proc but i`m going to go with Jimmy Ryan.

From what i have seen this season his determination and his coolness on the ball has been fantastic. He seems to be everywhere and reminds me of a Jack Russell Nipping at the oppositions Heels never wanting to give up.

Bobby Grant would of won it for me but in some games he just hasnt looked interested (grimsby being one)
Old 06-04-2010, 11:28   #7
Senior Member+

Serious one this time....It has to be Michael Symes.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:30   #8
God Member

If it was based on till the end of January, we would have some serious competition

As it is my vote goes for.........

Billy Kee, I know Billy has only had cameo roles but he has weighed in with some valuable goals and has done everything asked of him and not let anybody down while doing it

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Old 06-04-2010, 11:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Liam Richardson fer me.
Only defender who has not made any errors this season

ha ha brilliant ! The only time he has worn the kit is when he walked round the pitch to show us the new home top ! i think he was struggling at that !!
Old 06-04-2010, 15:26   #10
God Member

Grimps & Football 19, please can you decide which of the two players you've named you want to vote for.
Also, if anyone else names more than one player in their post without making it clear which one has got their vote I'm sorry but it won't count in the final tally up - thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 15:42   #11
Full Member+

Phil Edwards- A true servant and player to Stanley
Old 06-04-2010, 16:18   #12

symes
Old 06-04-2010, 16:44   #13
Senior Member+

Phil Edwards

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 06-04-2010, 17:57   #14
God Member

Suntan for me as well. Two or three bad games all season but more than atoned for with his consistency over the season.

Would have been Symes but other than a few goals his performances haven't been the same since early January transfer speculation.
Old 06-04-2010, 18:43   #15

Phil edwards or symes... not only has phil been consistent all season but also bagged a fair few goals

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..