Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2012, 18:23   #31

Re: Welcome Home Cooky

Nice video featuring PC and Rommy and showing Sligo's success.

Old 13-02-2012, 18:40   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
With all the information available this seems a perfect appointment. Paul has since leaving us gained managerial experience and learned his trade, while Leam is showing the makings of a top coach (respect from the players, employing good training methods).

Well done to the board and welcome back Paul.
I agree wi ai that except the first part of the last sentence shaker, i find it sad that the fans were told porkies once again by R.H. I honestly hoped we had seen the back of that sort of thing.
Old 13-02-2012, 18:45   #33
Senior Member+

Great vid Alvin! So alike to coley and the club of sligo is too to accy! Likes to find gems which is actually what we need!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 18:49   #34
God Member

playing devils advocate cashy, it could well be that stanley only ever wanted cooky and thought they were getting nowhere with sligo so therefore felt they didn't want to rush into any other decisions only to find that sligo were swayed possibly by cooky himself!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 19:05   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
playing devils advocate cashy, it could well be that stanley only ever wanted cooky and thought they were getting nowhere with sligo so therefore felt they didn't want to rush into any other decisions only to find that sligo were swayed possibly by cooky himself!
Maybe,but thats only acceptable to me if HRH, were kept in the loop?
Old 13-02-2012, 19:09   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I agree wi ai that except the first part of the last sentence shaker, i find it sad that the fans were told porkies once again by R.H. I honestly hoped we had seen the back of that sort of thing.
A premature press release at worst... I really don't think there were any 'porkies'.

To me it looks like our board have made an efficient and thorough job with this appointment from start to finish. The proof will be in the pudding but getting Cook and Richardson together could be a masterstroke. I don't think an ill-advised press release changes that to be honest!

Ilyas praised Rob for his work on the radio this evening and also said that Leam had always been kept in the loop. I trust him more than anyone at the club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 19:11   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

see post 35 shaker.
Old 13-02-2012, 19:14   #38
God Member

See my updated post cashy
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 19:27   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
See my updated post cashy
Ah cheers shaker, A happy bunny, once again.
Old 13-02-2012, 19:41   #40

Paul and Leam, two very popular men with Stanley fans. Very happy to have you at the helm lads and wish you both every success as your partnership gels. Normally you'd have to worry by losing long time skipper and management team but the transition seems perfectly natural and seamless. Excited about the future.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 20:34   #41
Senior Member+

I don't know,but my first thought was similar to cashys.We will never know if acci were forcing the issue,but IMO cook would probably want his own back room staff,were acci wanted to retain leam.
If that's true,then fair play to the club,they got there man under there terms.
Is it me or is cook a mini me of coley!!!, he comes across very well,plus he played for Wigan so he must be class !!!!,wish him all the best
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 20:38   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

All i know now football19, whatever the case was, the outcome fer me is a good un.
Old 13-02-2012, 20:44   #43
God Member

If Cooky can achieve anything like what he has achieved with the Bit o' Red we should be looking forward to the good times continuing down at the Crown Ground, great to see Leam as his number two.

Good Luck fellas

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 20:52   #44
Senior Member+

Agree cashy,so the club deserves a bit of credit,and would presume with less staff,have saved a few bob.Good news all around IMHO
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 21:08   #45

All the best let's get up in league one and past rochdale on way down
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..