Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2016, 21:22   #1

Well Done Stanley

Well done Stanley great result

Bob Lord will be turning in his grave
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2016, 21:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Well Done Stanley

Brilliant Stanley and what a time to snatch a winner.
Bob who?? He who laughs last-----Ho Ho Ho.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 21:27   #3
Senior Member+

Stone me!
Old 24-08-2016, 21:34   #4

Well done indeed!

Great defensive display. I thought Beckles was brilliant, but the whole defense was great. Quite liked the French rightback's cultured play. And although I am not convinced Pearson is a left-back, he did well even without the goal.

A bit sad to see Billy Kee being so poor. Offensively there wasn't much, with the possible exception of O'Sullivan, but it looked far better when Boco came on. He was a great positive surprise to me. And Lacey could be worth Another look, couldn't he?

Cheers from Sunny Spain. Three at least!
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 21:41   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Unbelievable display after sats 2 half performance, this was a strong Burnley team, Beckles sure deserved his MOM, but the whole team NEVER gave up,Whatever Coleman said to em sure worked and they were a credit to the town. ON STANLEY ON.
Old 24-08-2016, 21:46   #6
Full Member+

Well done Stanley. Another Claret and Blue team in next round at the Olympic Stadium.
Never been such times. Hope you get to Wembley.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 21:58   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greger View Post
Well done indeed!

Great defensive display. I thought Beckles was brilliant, but the whole defense was great. Quite liked the French rightback's cultured play. And although I am not convinced Pearson is a left-back, he did well even without the goal.

A bit sad to see Billy Kee being so poor. Offensively there wasn't much, with the possible exception of O'Sullivan, but it looked far better when Boco came on. He was a great positive surprise to me. And Lacey could be worth Another look, couldn't he?

Cheers from Sunny Spain. Three at least!
Have to say Lacey, who i have never really seen before, came on and really put himself about, certainly did his chances no harm at all to me Greger.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 24-08-2016, 22:00   #8
Senior Member+

boco was a good sub

but everyone played their part
monkey hanger likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 22:02   #9
Senior Member+

what happened to chris eagles?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 22:03   #10
Senior Member+

Excellent match to watch, thought the crowd might be low considering it was announced as live on Sky. Beckles and Donacien bossed the defence. O'Sullivan, Boco and Lacey all worth a mention in attack and just for the saves he pulled off, Parrish had an excellent night. Bring on hte Hammers at the Olympic Stadium. What have the team got to lose?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 22:06   #11

Well, Stanley have beaten a premier league team. Coleman said he felt his teams have not always rised to big occasions well they did tonight. Over the first 90 minutes it did feel a matter of time before Burnley scored but despite the pressure they didn't. Going forward we still look way off last year, billy kee is not holding the ball anywhere near as well and we just don't look as much as a threat in general. Although jonno looked pretty good today although his end product was a bit hit and miss. In extra time and with the introduction of rommy boco we came into the game and did a classic smash and grab at the end. Defence did really well as a unit today. I felt Seamus and Hewitt did well also. The home crowd of abit over 1300 is a disappointing number but those of us who where there made up for it with our encouragement and Clayton end singing. Maybe some of the accy Burnley and blackburn fans will see the light and fun we have and join us!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 22:19   #12

We did really well and I would agree well done Stanley because we got the result and that is all that matters but in the grand scheme of things we beat Burnley reserves with a bit of luck because they should have scored on more than one occassion but didn't. Coupled with the fact that McCarten should have been off for that challenge where he got a yellow but he wasn't so our good luck.

We can only beat the team that is put in front of us and it's not our fault that Premiership clubs treat this cup the same as we treat the new incarnation of the paint pot so lets enjoy it as we are through but gone are the days where these games are real giant killing games because the giants couldn't give a monkeys these days.

Their loss and our gain but lets not go overboard more than we have to
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 22:27   #13
God Member

no Duncan, let's go ENTIRELY overboard! that wasn't Burnley's strongest XI by any stretch, but it was still a strong XI, and they brought on their ace in the pack (Gray) to try to avoid extra time.

Let's just revel in our only opportunity to gloat since reformation
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 4 others like this.
Old 24-08-2016, 22:36   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
no Duncan, let's go ENTIRELY overboard! that wasn't Burnley's strongest XI by any stretch, but it was still a strong XI, and they brought on their ace in the pack (Gray) to try to avoid extra time.

Let's just revel in our only opportunity to gloat since reformation
By all means revel in the victory because we deserve to but if I were a Burnley fan it wouldn't really bother me much as when we play in the paintpot or Rangers played in the Petrofac cup. That is modern football unfortunately as money rules instead of winning trophies. That is why they are trying to change the farce that is the "champions league" because the winners get less than the bottom of the premiership.

I remember the real days of cup football when giant killers killed real giants and you could wind up the fans of the big clubs but now only we care, they don't.

But we still beat them so as far as we are concerned it is our night and we deserve it. Roll on West Ham and hopefully they treat this cup with the same contempt.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 22:49   #15
Full Member+

Well done Reds!! I thought it was heading towards another penalty shoot out.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..