Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2004, 15:09   #1
Senior Member+

Whalley not happy - Exeter

In tonights telegraph

Confguide>Nationwide

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" align=left summary="Layout table for football feature" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f0f0f9><TD class=FleftEdge width=5></TD><TD vAlign=top width=430><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Whalley slams Grecians 'whitewash' 23 Mar
Accrington Stanley chairman Eric Whalley has described the decision not to dock 12 points from Exeter City as a whitewash.

Nationwide Conference rules state that the points should be deducted from any club that moves into administration.

However, after taking legal advice the Conference has decided it was not in the best interests of the League to pursue the legal battle for which costs have already run into six figures.

"It's a whitewash. An utter disgrace," Whalley told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

"In my personal opinion, Exeter don't deserve to have a football club.

"In 1962 Accrington Stanley owed £63,000 and paid the price.

"At the same time Exeter owed £44,000 but were lucky to somehow survive. Now their debts have risen to £4.8million and they have still survived.

"They've got away with murder as far as I'm concerned, and I think the 20 other clubs would agree with me but there's nothing we can do.

"Exeter have a chance of getting in the play-offs and I think their lawyers have found a loop-hole in the initial agreement."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2004, 15:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Whalley not happy - Exeter

Well said King Eric, couldnt agree more.Pity the other chairmen dont have the guts to say something.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2004, 17:44   #3

oh well, whats done is done. I agree, but complaining about it now won't do any good now.
It's not fair but never mind they'll get there comeuppance one day!

ab
asfc babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2004, 19:25   #4
Junior Member+

See how it's gone down in Exeter:

http://www.exeweb.com/cgi-bin/teemz/...Grecian_gossip
DevonStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2004, 22:16   #5
Senior Member+

This is why Eric is called KING ERIC because he is not afraid to say what needs saying, with the total conviction that he is 100% right.

Thank you Eric for speaking for the masses, that do not have the oppotunity to speak to the public .
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2004, 10:17   #6
God Member

Hereford's manager also spoke out about them in the NLP & Exeter had the nerve to say they were upset by what he was saying about them, they only have themselves to blame for the way they have acted.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..