Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2007, 11:10   #16
God Member

Re: What happened to the Ultras today?

I was refused my car onto the car park as I didn't have a pass????? 1:45 (15 minutes earlier than the cut-off) and after one steward waved me through I was told by Alan that no pass no come through and its packed anyway. No it wasn't and as such I wasnt carrying all the stuff for the Supporters Club such as membership books, badges, cards etc. As well as various catalogues that I needed to show people for trophies, and merchandising. They'll have to wait.
Old 25-02-2007, 11:18   #17
Senior Member+

Typical of the club; somebody there has forgotten we are still a small club and has decided to be a bit heavy handed;I reckon it's got more than a little to do with the pitch vandalism.
Old 25-02-2007, 11:35   #18
God Member

I don't think I was quiet

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 19:21   #19
Full Member+

As I said elsewhere, the fans don't matter. Sad but true! (if you don't believe me, ask Russell Whalley)

Last edited by Oldgobbin; 25-02-2007 at 19:26.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 00:33   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
As I said elsewhere, the fans don't matter. Sad but true! (if you don't believe me, ask Russell Whalley)
Nasty piece of work Russell Whalley lets hope he never takes over from Eric.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 00:42   #21
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ok, i can sort of understand you might have felt a bit miffed about how you were treated but come on - it wasn't the teams fault was it? Yet at the end of the day, that is who you took your frustrations out on. Doesn't make any sense at all, some of you need to grow up
I disagree with you, the treatment of the Ultras and the supporters who wanted to spend their money in the bar to me is a disgrace. I witnessed a few incidents this weekend that made me wonder why I bother if that's how the club treats its fans. Its not about growing up accymad it's about opening your eyes to what's really happening.

Maybe I should sneak on the pitch at night with a pot of paint and write Eric Out but not Russell in.

Rob Heys can we have a comment as to why you asked for the drum not to be used?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 26-02-2007 at 00:52.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 09:18   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Nasty piece of work Russell Whalley lets hope he never takes over from Eric.
Forgive my ignorance, but what, pray tell, did Mr Whalley Jr do/say?
Old 26-02-2007, 09:54   #23
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=28742

post 1

It shouldn't be a case of do you know who I am from anybody, but in the light of the bag searches etc for the Ultras, and myself not getting access to the car park even though there was space and I offered to obtain the relevant pass - even though not required, there needs to be better consultation between certain parties. We ARE a small club and every single person that passes through the gates is as important as the next one. We MUST learn the lessons that treating people in a disdainful manner will get us nowhere. They MUST learn that certain people are allowed certain 'privileges' and should not be treated like common criminals. Whether that means giving out passes or whatever, we must not allow people to feel like they are not wanted.

Many of us have been at this ground for a long time and we know the rules. How many people do the stewards have to throw out? What kind of a problem do we have at home? or away? Get with the flow bouncers and stop creating an atmosphere where there isn't one.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 26-02-2007 at 10:01.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 11:25   #24

I had a bit of a run in with one of the security staff on the Clayton end turn stiles as they wouldn`t let my son que to pay cash at the consessions turn stile so i asked why and they said this side is ticket only, so i said is it hell its for people paying cash as well but they wouldn`t have it and made him que in the full price que, until he got there and was told to go to the other turn stile, at which i just smilled at the guys and said i told you, what gets me is if they are employed by the club how the hell do they not know which turn stile is for what, and not only that they were not the most pleasent of people even though they were in the wrong.
Old 26-02-2007, 12:27   #25
God Member

if any member of the supporters club feels they have a grievance they can put it into writing and I will pass it on officially ........

of course if anybody else has a grievance they can also put it into writing and send it themselves.
Old 26-02-2007, 12:32   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if any member of the supporters club feels they have a grievance they can put it into writing and I will pass it on officially ........

of course if anybody else has a grievance they can also put it into writing and send it themselves.
Don't know why but that made me laugh

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 15:54   #27

[quote=ukcowboy;388082]
I'm sorry guys but IMHO that is so childish, quote]

Some people might say that about 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind about but it`s because they don`t understand the emotions involved.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 16:13   #28
God Member

Mick has sorted the problem with the drum, eric wants it on the ground...we will now be bringing the drum to all home games and away when we are allowed

Mick has also assured me he will have words with the bouncers about how they act

Well done the club on sorting it So a return of noise at all home games
Old 26-02-2007, 16:20   #29
God Member

[quote=Zero;388884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I'm sorry guys but IMHO that is so childish, quote]

Some people might say that about 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind about but it`s because they don`t understand the emotions involved.
LOL, touche mon amie

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 16:21   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
Mick has sorted the problem with the drum, eric wants it on the ground...we will now be bringing the drum to all home games and away when we are allowed

Mick has also assured me he will have words with the bouncers about how they act

Well done the club on sorting it So a return of noise at all home games
Good news JT

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..