Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2007, 23:48   #31
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: What happened to the Ultras today?

Eric comes out smelling of roses while his staff are made to look foolish once again, Rob Heys I do sympathise.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2007, 00:10   #32

Sadly some minority supporters have been abusing the entry to the ground by sneaking alclohol in at the home end. It is not a case of the club capitalising on your money in the clubhouse it is an offence under the 1985 Football Grounds Act-Alcohol as clearly shown on the regs board at all turnstiles. As usual this has unfortunate repercussions for genuine fans. Because of the reputation of some of our recent visitors security has been stepped up & some of the security lads are new to the ground. I have been trying to encourage along with Mick a friendly face of the stewarding & security team, who are principally there for your safety & well being. However sometimes when you have been abused by certain sectors querying your home life etc, as I have witnessed from again, a minority, feelings can rise & the lads are only human after all. The stewards have been through a learning curve with the rise into league football & some of the actions are due to this rise in status. We are under pressure to get things right from both ends as we are regularly inspected by Lancs Co Council & have also been undergoing assesment for NVQ qualifications-taking time out of our own personal time to attend courses without pay! In the main we know & do stress that the home fans are great & can be relied upon to behave, but your co-operation in assisting our work in entry to the ground is appreciated & sshould you have any issues as in this section of posting please let me or Mick know. We may not always give you the reply you may want but as stated before, we have a great responsibility in ensuring all genuine fans can safely attend, hopefully enjoy & go away from the ground at the end of the day safely. Sorry if this is long winded but there are two sides to the coin.
Old 27-02-2007, 00:37   #33
Accy Red

Good post big al but the problem of Russell Whalley said it all, certain people think the fans shouldn't have an opinion and treat them like something stuck on the bottom of their shoe.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 27-02-2007, 00:51   #34
God Member

and also the searching of bags of fans well known to the stewards or the refusal of entry without a pass (never needed one) to the car park for the chairman of the supporters club?
Old 28-02-2007, 08:19   #35
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
and also the searching of bags of fans well known to the stewards or the refusal of entry without a pass (never needed one) to the car park for the chairman of the supporters club?
It's disgraceful a man of your standing Rob, why didn't you use the line "do you know who I am", it wouldn't have worked but it might have raised a smile.

Old 28-02-2007, 08:32   #36
God Member

I did - and it didn't!
Old 02-03-2007, 14:11   #37

Pathetic, If RW ever takes over i would not step foot on the ground. They don't give a monkees for supporters thats why we dont have a roof, bar etc, and now we cant get an atmosphere (drum) or a pint in the clubhouse before the game. What really makes me laugh aswell as the warners arms doormen stood on turnstiles( why do you think town centre nightlife is dying) is the ban on bottle tops. When purchasing a soft drink minus the bottle top, i get an explanation of it could be used as a missile. WHY are we allowed to take coins in our pockets then? far worse than a bottle top. Just makes me laugh.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 14:41   #38
God Member

I agree with ish but the bottle top is not the missile - it is the bottle with the top on, which makes it far harder and far easier to throw. I accepted that rule - although it sounds daft, because every other ground bar Mansfield seem to enforce it.
Old 02-03-2007, 16:39   #39
Senior Member+

Do me a favour Jesus was a red and buy a bottle of fizzy pop, drink about a third, put the top back on, then shake it vigorously, so it becomes solid feeling, then hit yourself over the head with it and see if it hurts!!!

Thats why they don't allow bottle tops, coz in that state a fizzy drinks bottle feels like a brick.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 16:45   #40

But flasks with coffee in feel like being hit with a sponge? coins,lighters in the eyes or face would not hurt? what about all the loose stones and pebbles outside and at the back of the clayton end. Do me a favour sparkie stick to ladies soccer talk.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 17:39   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
Do me a favour sparkie stick to ladies soccer talk.
WAY BELOW THE BELT!!!

Anyway as for the bottle ruling... take it up with the FA

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 17:48   #42
Member.

Glad to hear that people are listening JT. Let’s hope that a dialogue we the club continues to improve matters and that the fan base is shown continuing respect and visa versa.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:25   #43
Senior Member+

You only mentioned pop bottles Jesus is a red you did not mention any of the other items. And I quite agree with you that other things are just as offensive, but as form deputy cheif steward of ASFC then I felt it nessasary to inform you of the dangers. If you want more info I'm sure Mick Schultz or Big Al will be only too happy to talk to you.

Now going back to the Ladies football talk. . . . . . did anyone see Leanne Sandersons goal last sunday for Arsenal . . . . . . No ?!!!!

Dust anyone?!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..