Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2007, 18:50   #1
God Member

What happened to the Ultras today?

I've gotta ask, why the silence today guys, you normally give it your all for 90mins but there were long periods of total silence today on the Clayton end...........any reason?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2007, 19:56   #2

Re: What happened to the Ultras today?

The drum makes a hell of a difference.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 21:59   #3
Junior Member+

where were all the banners and flags today on the clayton end
Old 24-02-2007, 22:32   #4

Smile Re: What happened to the Ultras today?

Saving energies and efforts for next week

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 23:32   #5
Give, give, give member

They might be savin' themselves for the next few days....until Baldy turns eighteen 'n' becomes a man.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 02:32   #6

There was a text it said "No Drums today boys please cos we don`t want any complaints while were waiting fert planning permission"
IMO anyone who doesn`t want to hear the drum so much should hurry along the roof so as to deflect it onto the pitch.
The Ultras were really fired up for this and it was a real kick in the teeth, no one could be arsed with any banners or getting songs together. It`s credit to Stanley`s play today that they got them fired up and saw something to cheer about.
When the Ultras are giving their all to max out the atmosphere and our own club robs them of their greatest tool it`s hardly surprising for some of them to be muttering "Why do we bother ?"
I myself would have dearly loved to be able to shout some more but I`ve got a rough neck and a 4 gig weekend, I think a few people probably got rough necks and the drumS would have helped that on nicely. (Trust me I`m a doctor)
Anyway lets hope it`s sulk over soon and extra rowdy for Rochdale.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 07:44   #7
God Member

So You are telling us that a 'text' message saying 'no drum today' silenced the ULTRAS!! .............and made them 'SULK'..............OMG

I'm sorry guys but IMHO that is so childish, especialy in the light of certain members of the Ultras coming on here and tearing strips off anyone who deems to disagree with JC's management' or the Teams performance......and then telling us all to get behind the Team and sing 'em to victory................c'mon you cant have it both ways!!!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 08:12   #8
Resting in Peace

Why should it always be down to the Ultras? The Clayton end as a whole should take more responsibility and follow their lead more than they do. Yes, the Utras are usually very vocal, but on the whole the Accy crowd is very quiet - mind you, I am deaf!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 09:00   #9
God Member

I stood at the corner of the Clayton End and the main stand for a change and was pleasantly surprised to hear a bit of noise coming out of the main stand again, not much but a start. It might only be a few people but sooner or later the free admission schoolkids will join that and there will be a group.
Old 25-02-2007, 10:30   #10
God Member

Cause we turn up to the ground with flags and drums and get treated like criminals by the bouncers at the gate...ffs this is our home ground, we got treated better at Darlington!

Coley comes out in week saying make OUR home like a fortress....But then we cant have a drum because of some planning permission! Its up to the club now...what do they want more...alienate their fans or keep the locals happy?
Old 25-02-2007, 10:33   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
So You are telling us that a 'text' message saying 'no drum today' silenced the ULTRAS!! .............and made them 'SULK'..............OMG

I'm sorry guys but IMHO that is so childish, especialy in the light of certain members of the Ultras coming on here and tearing strips off anyone who deems to disagree with JC's management' or the Teams performance......and then telling us all to get behind the Team and sing 'em to victory................c'mon you cant have it both ways!!!!
Never a true word spoken - well said
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 10:39   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
Cause we turn up to the ground with flags and drums and get treated like criminals by the bouncers at the gate...ffs this is our home ground, we got treated better at Darlington!

Coley comes out in week saying make OUR home like a fortress....But then we cant have a drum because of some planning permission! Its up to the club now...what do they want more...alienate their fans or keep the locals happy?
Ok, i can sort of understand you might have felt a bit miffed about how you were treated but come on - it wasn't the teams fault was it? Yet at the end of the day, that is who you took your frustrations out on. Doesn't make any sense at all, some of you need to grow up
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 10:47   #13
Senior Member+

After we'd equalised for the second time yesterday, the atmosphere was immense. I was on the Whinney Hill side as normal and there was a surge of noise coming from all round the ground. It's a shame it's not more like that, more often.
Old 25-02-2007, 10:48   #14
Senior Member+

People seem to forget that the majority of the 'ultras' are very young. They're allowed to behave like naughty, sulky children from time to time.
Old 25-02-2007, 11:01   #15
Member.

I was coming in when I saw the lads having there bags searched. I didn’t say out at the time but I thought what the hell are they doing? Why search people who are well known to the club and form part of the backbone of the clubs support.

The board needs to talk to its employees and contractors and tell them to get a grip.

Does the club and fans know that these people are working in small groups and even alone to make it better for everyone? Get behind these people please without them we wouldn’t have Photographs, A Supporters Club, A Fanzine, Banners and Flags, Drums. None of these people our doing it for themselves, There doing it for the Fans and the Club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..