Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 21:46   #31
Super Moderator

Re: When should we know who's staying?

Rommy was at Accy today to tell us all he isn't going to Chesterfield.

We have until the 3rd Saturday to make offer to players, but we're trying to do things sooner than that
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2013, 21:49   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats good to hear, Hope he feels he can stay awhile at Stanley.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:26   #33
Senior Member+

Re: Re: When should we know who's staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats good to hear, Hope he feels he can stay awhile at Stanley.
I feel that he's just waiting to see who comes in. If it's a name he feels will do him justice then I think he'll stay.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

May well be mani, just have me fingers crossed.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32   #35

Spoke to Rommy last week and he said he was not driven by money and he loved it at Accy. Let's just hope we can keep him
cashman and Revived Red like this.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Rommy was at Accy today to tell us all he isn't going to Chesterfield.

We have until the 3rd Saturday to make offer to players, but we're trying to do things sooner than that
OK but a reliable source tells me MrT, some players have already received offers from other clubs, yet heard nowt from Stanley? I think thats VERY POOR BUSINESS if thats the case. These lads certainly won't or can't afford to wait forever.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:58   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
OK but a reliable source tells me MrT, some players have already received offers from other clubs, yet heard nowt from Stanley? I think thats VERY POOR BUSINESS if thats the case. These lads certainly won't or can't afford to wait forever.
Maybe certain players are not going to receive offers! I just hope that it's not true of those we need to keep if possible.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:39   #38

Four gone already. Good luck lads.

ASFC News Story > 5390
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:42   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Can't really argue wi any of those, Main thing to me is the rest have had offers from Stanley. Now its up to the players.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Can't really argue wi any of those, Main thing to me is the rest have had offers from Stanley. Now its up to the players.

I would say good luck to the four players released, but I personally would have kept Bohan Dixon. He would have made a great target man. Not surprised Charlie Barnett's been released or the other two, but why do we keep bringing on talent from the youth team and then send them packing after 1 year, even though they have had loan spells elsewhere.
Really hope the club gets a new manager lined up soon and they will at least be given a squad to work with pre-season. And 2 experienced coaches as well

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:26   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Only thing i can think outback, is they show potential, give em 1 yr, then if manager thinks not fulfilling, then got to let go,? Can only wish em luck.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:56   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Only thing i can think outback, is they show potential, give em 1 yr, then if manager thinks not fulfilling, then got to let go,? Can only wish em luck.
The problem is Cashy that clubs with small budgets cant offord to take a risk on players having possible potential.
Every player has to be capable of stepping up to the first team and doing a job,the potential players are really the loanees who can be sent back.
Its sad really as i am a fan of youth and resis football,but in reality its points that count in the lower leagues.
Bit suprised at Bohans release,he had the tools,but didnt get that bit of luck you need
Redash likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 13:45   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well Millers staying, signed a 12 month contract so thats a good start imho.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 07-05-2013, 14:22   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Bit surprised at Bohans release,he had the tools,but didnt get that bit of luck you need
Me too. A bit upset about that, unless Linganzi is staying!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 14:42   #45

Agree with Cashman that for different reasons no surprise that the 4 have gone, best wishes to all of them.

Thing is with Dixon, no disrespect to the lad but hes not actually that young in football terms, he's 24 this year and still not really looking anywhere near ready to hold down a regular position.
cashman likes this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..