Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2011, 10:14   #1
God Member

where does the club go from here?

"lets concentrate on the football until the end of the season. Everything can wait til the season is over" Ilyas Khan on completion of the takeover.

or words to that effect anyway. We know that IK wants the share issue to be sorted out so I would expect that an announcement to happen within a couple of weeks. So get your purses at the ready .....

The squad and Coley/Bell situation needs to be resolved pronto .... If Coley has been offered another job and intends to take it we'll hear about it tomorrow/the day after at the latest. Coley can't be allowed to dictate which players he wants to offer new terms to or not and then disappear a day or two later. If Coley intends to leave then what price Jimmy Bell staying on? I cant think of a better option in our price bracket than giving the job to Coley's trusted lieutenant. And that would possibly prevent half the squad following him. But of course the best option is that Coley turns his phone off and goes nowhere.

A hundred and one thinks need improving at the club but much will depend on where IK intends to go with his vision for the new stadium. If that is still a goer then I'd like to see an announcement made soon. The club is rightly disappointed this morning, but yet strangley we are still high on the crest of a wave. Ilyas needs to use that platform and push the club further into the positive spotlight with his plans. He has grand plans for sure and now would be an ideal time to capitalise on them. It could be instrumental in persuading certain players and staff to renew their contracts.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:18   #2
God Member

Re: where does the club go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
" The club is rightly disappointed this morning, but yet strangley we are still high on the crest of a wave. Ilyas needs to use that platform and push the club further into the positive spotlight with his plans. He has grand plans for sure and now would be an ideal time to capitalise on them. It could be instrumental in persuading certain players and staff to renew their contracts.
Not to mention the extra numbers who have turned up over recent games and the media spotlight that has been glaring at the Crown Ground for the last few weeks and brought us more free publicity than our wildest imaginations.

But there may have to be a short pause for everyone to take stock of where they are at.

Perhaps to go away and think about what they have all achieved and what the next chapter holds in store whether at the Crown Ground or in pastures new?

It will be a transitional summer of that there is no doubt but one that should be more even keeled than the last few by at least knowing that come August we will be still kicking off in the Football League.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 11:26   #3

Next season we have to avoid doing a Morecambe, getting involved lower down the table. I said this two seasons ago but I think it's time for Coley to move on. He's done a fantastic job at the Crown he almost got us promoted but after all this time he deserves a crack at League One with Rochdale or Bury. Who knows he could even get Rochdale up to the Championship.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 11:37   #4
Senior Member+

To quote the thread title - UP to league one next season automatically.
Sri theresonlyoneaccy, I cannot agree with the statement of its time for Coley to move on. He has done a fantastic job here and can easily continue in that vein. We have the nucleus of a brilliant squad, just wish he would be more changeable in his tactics i.e. I would have played 4-4-2 last night and it would have goosed Stevenage's game plan straight away. Substitutes are another of his little weaknesses, but hey we can forgive the messiah after all he has took us to the highest finish in League 2 ever, and assuming he stays, we tend to finish in a higher league position than the season before, Champions next season, its not out of the question!
My feeling is we lack height in certain areas especially in the forward line to complement Terry and target for Jimmy and Sean. We need a new Paul Mullin.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 11:38   #5
God Member

At least this thread should occupy most of the closed season instead of being bored
Old 21-05-2011, 12:32   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
At least this thread should occupy most of the closed season instead of being bored
Behave........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 12:34   #7
God Member

If we can keep the majority of our squad as well as our manager, add some quality players that dictate a fee, get a brand new pitch and keep away from missing payments to the taxman through good management at the top... we can go up automatically in 2011/12.

The imperative is stability.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 12:34   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
To quote the thread title - UP to league one next season automatically.
Sri theresonlyoneaccy, I cannot agree with the statement of its time for Coley to move on. He has done a fantastic job here and can easily continue in that vein. We have the nucleus of a brilliant squad, just wish he would be more changeable in his tactics i.e. I would have played 4-4-2 last night and it would have goosed Stevenage's game plan straight away. Substitutes are another of his little weaknesses, but hey we can forgive the messiah after all he has took us to the highest finish in League 2 ever, and assuming he stays, we tend to finish in a higher league position than the season before, Champions next season, its not out of the question!
My feeling is we lack height in certain areas especially in the forward line to complement Terry and target for Jimmy and Sean. We need a new Paul Mullin.
Sammy McIllroy at Morecambe, they were in the play-offs and never reached that again. That's why I think he should move on.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 12:34   #9
Senior Member+

Coleman move on?!? DO ME A FAVOUR.

If he does then good luck to him, but he IS Accrington Stanley.

I think in his heart of hearts he wants to take us to League One, and just look how close we came this season.

Keep the majority of the squad together and we have a chance, simple.

The priority must be to keep Coley & Bell at the helm, then we can start building from there.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 12:47   #10
Senior Member+

He said last night he's had no approach from anyone & is staying

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 12:49   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

BEST news of the night !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 12:52   #12
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Undoubtedly there will be a few fall outs and handbag shaking of the course of the next couple of months.

I hope this thread and others in the same vain will be used constructively to build opinion and direction for the coming season. This season started out with the promise of new community based ownership of the club and a bright new future for Accrington Stanley; despite continuing debts, let downs and broken promises the team led by Coley and Jimmy turn out a stunning performance that led us to the playoffs. We aimed high, we finished fifth; the highest position ever achieved by this club Accrington Stanley 1968.

John Coleman's body language through the latter months of the season caused me concern; he spoke out on the wages issue and made clear is feeling.

Question: is this John venting his frustration only or is there a void in the relationship between him and the club.

In respect of John and Jimmy I hope and pray that the club recognise the unique contribution of this pair have made to the club and the town and in the cold light of day there is no one in any of the leagues that can give us what these guys have; even at ten times the price. Talking of allowing them to go under any circumstance is utter foolishness if not blind stupidity.

Question: Do we ASFC under IK or anybody else need to spend millions on a new stadium at a time when money could be spent upgrading the Crown and investing in a team for automatic promotion nest season's end.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-05-2011, 12:54   #13
Member.

Quote:
I feel better already

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-05-2011, 13:00   #14

After reading the piece in the LT, ( can't copy paste but you can find it easy), about the assistant ref say your wanted a strong ref did'nt you, to coley, and the ref saying your always moaning, now this make's me wonder weather the Football League really do want Stanley in the League 1, thinking that they send us a strong Ref like Booth, If Coley and Jimmy stay at the club, we will have to see what sort of reffing decisions we will get next season, time will tell , Hope i am wrong and i am sure we will be stronger next season
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 13:05   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
cheers jase, thats a sneck lifter.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..