Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 16:12   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Whinney Hill Stand

if moaners drive people away, those people do not amount to much IMHO, its a message board not the " Old Bailey"
Old 04-06-2008, 16:47   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Don't mind the messageboard man, just liked it before all the moaners drove a lot of posters away........
'the moaners' would be outnumbered if the so called driven away posters returned posting their so called sense posts more often. There are other places where these people can post and discuss the threads they want to but they don't. Some of the people you refer to could use the Ultras or OSC forums for whatever the post dictates but they don't. Maybe that suggests that for whatever reason they have moved on and don't particularly feel the need to post five times a day about every subject? Most people you refer to still visit and read Accy Web but don't post - not even in the positive threads.

May I suggest that if anyone has nicey-nicey threads that they could contribute then it may detract from the people who wish to air any complaints?
Old 04-06-2008, 16:51   #33
God Member

...... and your new sig is spot on Willie. Ignoring all the Red Rose Tints or Anti-Coleman propaganda we did still make progress as a club.
Old 04-06-2008, 18:49   #34

Only just progressed . Lets look forward to the new season . shame not any northern clubs came up to our league or relagated to us . Gonna find it hard to arrange trip to aldershot with work . I dont bloody moan , just give my views .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 19:02   #35
God Member

I think there are two ways you can look at it with postings, there are times when some posts can severley undo a lot of good work that goes on behind the scenes that perhaps people don't always know about or see the full picture and there are other times when there are concerns people may have and other people can possibly shed light on or discuss in a meaningful & constructive manner. I think the one thing that people should not lose sight of that besides the Fishy Site that this is probably the main place people come to look at for seeing what is happening at the club and as such is "The Window to the World"

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 14:44   #36
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Any progress on the new stand yet ???????????????
Old 13-06-2008, 18:44   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
this is probably the main place people come to look at for seeing what is happening at the club and as such is "The Window to the World"
So it must be as difficult to get window cleaners in Accy as it is down here.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 21:25   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Any progress on the new stand yet ???????????????
I'm with you mab, this thread is not about the moaners and who has been or hasn't been driven away, it is about the progress of the new stand, Any takers

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 22:29   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just bin to a do at the club, didn't see any sign of contractors equipment or anything, had a look as far as was possible.
Old 15-06-2008, 12:17   #40
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Thought work was to start as soon as the last game of last season was over,we all no that something has to be done ie extra seats so why havent they started ??????????????????????????????????? one for the club to answer i think
Old 15-06-2008, 13:05   #41
Senior Member+

With construction work 50% down on last year and due to be a further 78% down next I should have thought that there was never a better time to drive a hard bargain and get the stand built.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 13:24   #42
God Member

I think the Club do need to make a statement of where they are at with regard to the Stand

I'm no builder but 10 months will soon be here especially once into the Autumn/Winter and delays can be expected

I would hate to see Forty Years of Hard work, Grit and Determination to get us where we are now go down the Toilet

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 14:07   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I think the Club do need to make a statement of where they are at with regard to the Stand

I'm no builder but 10 months will soon be here especially once into the Autumn/Winter and delays can be expected

I would hate to see Forty Years of Hard work, Grit and Determination to get us where we are now go down the Toilet
was my thoughts exactly,the club though seem to excel in poor communication, unfortunately.
Old 15-06-2008, 15:01   #44
Senior Member+

Until someone comes up with some money, it isn't going to happen. That's your statement.
Old 15-06-2008, 18:08   #45

When the Whinney Hill Stand is completed, wouldn't it be a nice touch to have it named as "The Jack Barrett Stand". After all, without Jack's initial effort all those years ago, we most probably wouldn't be here today.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..