Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2008, 15:14   #76

Re: Whinney Hill Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh you know that fact do ya? must be great to have inside info,like you obviously have. PLANK.
I think you missed that I used the word 'apparently' I don't think there's any need for personal insults on here. What is apparent is that there isn't much info coming from the club to the fans - if there was then this thrread would be completely different. I can't believe we're even getting comments on here saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if we did go down.

There surely needs to be some kind of statement from the club to stop these rumours.
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2008, 15:21   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Best post on this thread so far, never mind the doom and gloom merchants saying there is no money, (you know who you are), this club needs to survive in the Football League and NOT go into obscurity again. The money MUST be found to build the stand and put the seating in before the end of this season otherwise we will forever be in Morecambes shadow. Once again, they will be the pride of the north and that is NOT ON.
There's no point stating the obvious, that 'the money MUST be found'. The reality is that with the terrible Google Page Ranking we've granted both ourselves and various sponsors over the years, 50% of the funds cannot be conjured.
We cannot afford the seating. This should've been clear to everyone when the club made it public how they felt, stating that they were reluctant to build the stand due to spending so much on something that isn't needed in practice.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 18:41   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Red View Post
I can't believe we're even getting comments on here saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if we did go down.
Well, would it? Would anybody die? I think we need some perspective. It would be very sad and I'd feel that as much as the next man, but it hardly merits being called a disaster.

I think the club is in a funny situation. Admit that there's a major problem with funding the stand and why should anyone turn up to watch next season? However, keep it all quiet until the 11th hour and you risk nobody coming forward with offers to help.
As we've said before, to comply with FL/FA rules, we don't need to build a new £1m stand. It's just a nice idea. All we have to do is provide another 1000(ish) seats and maintain the current capacity.
Old 19-06-2008, 18:59   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Well, would it? Would anybody die? I think we need some perspective. It would be very sad and I'd feel that as much as the next man, but it hardly merits being called a disaster.

I think the club is in a funny situation. Admit that there's a major problem with funding the stand and why should anyone turn up to watch next season? However, keep it all quiet until the 11th hour and you risk nobody coming forward with offers to help.
As we've said before, to comply with FL/FA rules, we don't need to build a new £1m stand. It's just a nice idea. All we have to do is provide another 1000(ish) seats and maintain the current capacity.
Good post, and of course your 100% correct. In that case why don't Eric and Rob come out and tell us how they are going to do that.

The cheapest way to not end up back in the Conference would be to:
a) knock down the Whinney Hill stand;
b) replace it with a bigger open terrace - joined up to the Coppice End;
c) put 800+ seats in the Clayton End;

The ground would then hold (about) 6,000 - with 2,000 seats. Everyones a winner and the club don't get relegated (unless they finnish in the bottom two anyway!).
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 20:59   #80
Senior Member+

If they were the only options (and I do so hope they're not) it would be better, imho, to be relegated, still relatively financially sound, on the technicality of insufficient seating, than build a stand we can't afford and don't need, go into administration as a result, lose 10 points, get relegated anyway, and start in the Conference on minus 15, assuming we survived at all and the Conf would have us.

Old 19-06-2008, 21:19   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Red View Post
I think you missed that I used the word 'apparently' I don't think there's any need for personal insults on here. What is apparent is that there isn't much info coming from the club to the fans - if there was then this thrread would be completely different. I can't believe we're even getting comments on here saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if we did go down.

There surely needs to be some kind of statement from the club to stop these rumours.
sorry you think thats a personal insult, i regard it as a fact, agree a statement would not go amiss, but how does someone like you know that - "apparently the club are making no effort to find its half of the funding?" you must be very well in with good contacts to be aware they are doing nowt, n if i was one of those people, you would really be aware what an insult was.
Old 19-06-2008, 21:31   #82
God Member

I'm pretty sure the club will be doing what they can to obtain funding. If they aren't succesful then the cheapest option must be to have a Gene Kelly stand like the Donkey Lashers. If it's passed fit for the championship then it should be passed fit for Div 2. Not pretty but a case of needs must.
Old 19-06-2008, 21:48   #83
Senior Member+

If all 800 home fans bring a deck chair every game at home we can keep this club up

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 22:40   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
If all 800 home fans bring a deck chair every game at home we can keep this club up
i shall be up fer the 1st match probably with wynonie, but aint bringing no frigging deck chairs.
Old 22-06-2008, 07:49   #85

does any1 want to see a new stand ?? i do , players do, club do , you lot dont .. support colne then you moaning sods . stand will happen regardless . did we have loads of cash when we built our other stand ?? did roof cost a tenner at car boot ? no . stop moaning and look forward ...
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 08:26   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
does any1 want to see a new stand ?? i do , players do, club do , you lot dont .. support colne then you moaning sods . stand will happen regardless . did we have loads of cash when we built our other stand ?? did roof cost a tenner at car boot ? no . stop moaning and look forward ...
There is so much wrong with this post that it'd take a week to straighten it out. Ignorance is ignorance, however you dress it up.
Old 22-06-2008, 10:56   #87
God Member

lol @ TM!
Old 22-06-2008, 20:26   #88

same old , same old .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 22:26   #89
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Im sure that the club will release a statement once everthing is in place and a start date for the new stand to begin.
Old 05-07-2008, 15:04   #90
God Member

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...with_new_stand

Hope this helps make it become a reality

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..