Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2015, 18:22   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Yeh nailed it bang on in the second paragraph, I'm struggling to understand how some can't get it, cos surely no-ones that stupid?
Old 02-10-2015, 19:14   #137
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

By the way i just checked back and it was the same two so-called fans, that were opposed when i complained about the 50-50 draw, it seems to have worked better now tickets are being sold inside, therefore generating a bit more cash for the club, the same two are now against trying to keep new fans coming, complete waste of space in my book.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 02-10-2015, 19:43   #138
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
although I'll join you in a yoddel-de-ho- Ho, which sounds vaguely musical to me !.
Mate, it'll make your ears bleed & your brain turn to porridge if inflicted in large doses, I'd advise copious amounts of strong Beer before subjecting your delicate lugs to this.

Old 02-10-2015, 20:07   #139

Wink Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
What % of people in this day in age don't have access to an email account? If not why not phone the club or even put a letter in snail mail to the club?

Failing that go and see somebody at the club, Always somebody to talk to!

By the time its taken to make 9 pages in this thread the people who aren't happy could have emailed, phoned or spoke to someone face to face at the club but what would be the fun in that when you can just moan on an unofficial forum?
Why does anyone have to email the club when none other than the "Supporter Liaison Officer" at the club has given up some of his precious time to read this thread and submit two posts (#97 & #106) offering his advice on a suitable conclusion to this issue. I take his involvement in this "unofficial forum" thread as acknowledgement that the club are NOW involved. I rest my case!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 21:21   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
KTF - Please could I ask: has your friend said whether he'd be interested in returning or if the facilities ruined his night too much?

I hope you take this in the honest, non-sarcastic manner in which I ask. I'm genuinely interested.
To be honest Red-O; my mate thoroughly enjoyed himself at the game on Tuesday night. He thought the quality of the football was far better than he anticipated. Regarding the time it took to purchase a lukewarm pie, he did see the humorous side of the situation having been pre-warned even before he entered the Wham. He commented on the comparison between the catering facilities at his ground and what's on offer at Stanley.
He offered his sympathy to the cause!
I'm sure he's looking forward to his next game at the Stanley sometime in the future but will be making his own arrangements as per half time refreshment if this issue hasn't been resolved.
cashman and Red-Osbornello like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 21:32   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Mate, it'll make your ears bleed & your brain turn to porridge if inflicted in large doses, I'd advise copious amounts of strong Beer before subjecting your delicate lugs to this.

Dave !,
Thanks for this post. The Music of the Mountains always amazes and pleases my ear !.
Not the sort of compositions which my Choirs could cope with I'm afraid !....aren't you lucky though to have such delights on your doorstep !.
I've added a visit to listen to the yodellers to my ever-lengthening bucket list. In the meantime YouTube appears to have dozens of Yodelling young ladies to ogle in a spare moment !.
Perhaps I can raise a short yodel of Come on you REDS during tomorrow's match ?...whilst nibbling on a portion of Gelbwurst !.
Thanks again !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 21:53   #142
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
To be honest Red-O; my mate thoroughly enjoyed himself at the game on Tuesday night. He thought the quality of the football was far better than he anticipated. Regarding the time it took to purchase a lukewarm pie, he did see the humorous side of the situation having been pre-warned even before he entered the Wham. He commented on the comparison between the catering facilities at his ground and what's on offer at Stanley.
He offered his sympathy to the cause!
I'm sure he's looking forward to his next game at the Stanley sometime in the future but will be making his own arrangements as per half time refreshment if this issue hasn't been resolved.
Well I'm glad to hear that he enjoyed the match! Usually when I bring anyone we play shockingly and people ask me why I bother!

Last edited by Red-Osbornello; 02-10-2015 at 21:57.
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 21:55   #143
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
By the way i just checked back and it was the same two so-called fans, that were opposed when i complained about the 50-50 draw, it seems to have worked better now tickets are being sold inside, therefore generating a bit more cash for the club, the same two are now against trying to keep new fans coming, complete waste of space in my book.
Why would I want new fans on? I love having space for my deckchair on the Clayton End
AccyMad and DaveinGermany like this.
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:18   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
Why would I want new fans on? I love having space for my deckchair on the Clayton End
You certainly dont encourage them, thats certain.also certain is the club needs em to survive.
Old 03-10-2015, 13:20   #145
Senior Member+

Quote:

BRILLIANT POST !!!
Well worth watching just to 'Ogle' the 'Yodel' Damsels.
I especially liked the one 'holding the cob of sweetcorn' at 1.01 minutes through the show!
Yodel... eee ....Yodel ....iiieee.. On Stanleyeeeee with Billy Keee...iiiiiieeee !!!!!!
DaveinGermany likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 15:14   #146
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
BRILLIANT POST !!!
Well worth watching just to 'Ogle' the 'Yodel' Damsels.

Yodel... eee ....Yodel ....iiieee.. On Stanleyeeeee with Billy Keee...iiiiiieeee !!!!!!
Somewhat surprised at the positive resonance from you folk, aye but yer a queer lot up yon!

So for those amongst you with the porridge running out your ears, another little ditty from south of "Der Weißwurst Grenze" Which incidentally I'll be having for tea (Weißwurst) washed down with some tasty Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier .... Prost Kameraden!

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 03-10-2015 at 15:17.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 18:09   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Somewhat surprised at the positive resonance from you folk, aye but yer a queer lot up yon!

So for those amongst you with the porridge running out your ears, another little ditty from south of "Der Weißwurst Grenze" Which incidentally I'll be having for tea (Weißwurst) washed down with some tasty Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier .... Prost Kameraden!

WONDERBAR !!....Sounds like it could be windy night in Germany !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 21:03   #148
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
WONDERBAR !!....Sounds like it could be windy night in Germany !!
I'd estimate a force 7 on the Ripper scale, or should that be Beaufart?
yonmon likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 03-10-2015 at 21:07.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 21:54   #149
God Member

Whilst all on the pie front seems to have been resolved given that there aren't any further complaints forthcoming, i feel I must bring up the delicate subject of no chips being available at the main stand refreshments van, apparently anyone enquiring about the availability of said fried delicacies was being directed to the Clayton end if they couldn't make do with a hot dog, pie or burger - who'd be a fast food vendor these days eh??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:11   #150
I am Banned

Must bring up the no chocolate bars, asked before the game had even kicked off and they said they had none, also noticed the baps we're getting stored on the floor at the side of the van
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..