Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2015, 19:59   #16
God Member

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I obviously have less idea than you what goes on, and I appreciate the club probably won't have time to get involved in details like agreeing menus, but other clubs do set them.

I was impressed by Morcambe having that Cross Bay ale in plastic bottles, I'm not sure if any local breweries do the same?
I'm guessing Stanley are one of the exceptions who don't do their own catering on the ground.
Old 21-09-2015, 20:02   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
An outside caterer stumps up money, to make money, seems to me they aint a patch on the previous uns. people used to enjoy going to the owd uns.
No idea if they are as good as t'others, I don't use em You would hope they have some knowledge of what football fans want as opposed to any other outside venture they may have done, otherwise why would you pay to do it. Is a foot long hot dog normal football food ?
Old 21-09-2015, 20:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
No idea if they are as good as t'others, I don't use em You would hope they have some knowledge of what football fans want as opposed to any other outside venture they may have done, otherwise why would you pay to do it. Is a foot long hot dog normal football food ?
It's more like fairground food than traditional football ground food!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 20:17   #19

Pies I can get by without but no Bovril is taking it too far .
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 01:22   #20
Full Member+

You can always take your own like i do. Two pies and a full tin of mushy peas on Saturday cost me £1.10
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 08:53   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm guessing Stanley are one of the exceptions who don't do their own catering on the ground.
To be honest, Dave, most clubs do contract out the catering. I haven't yet sampled the new catering at the Wham stadium but it sounds to be disappointing. No Bovril - unbelievable!!!

There are some really good catering outlets at League 2 grounds with Bristol Rovers at the top. There are also some great burger vans - Plymouth and Wycombe top my list.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 09:34   #22

Pie I had at the end of last season was harder than a dogs head, so opted for a foot long hot dog for the Northampton game last month - it was awful.

Still, it speaks volumes for John, Jimmy and the lads if all we're moaning about is the catering.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 09:35   #23

The set up we had previous to this season was ideal. We don't want foot long hot dogs or any other fairground fare served up by some miserable old sod who wouldn't give you time of day. The club should take some time to monitor what's going on regarding satisfactory supporters facilities as this contributes to a happy match day experience. The whole idea is to impress any first time supporters or visitors from other clubs who hopefully might want to return. As for the regulars, why should we put up with having to "make do" with what's on offer like it or lump it?
By the way, how do I arrange hand delivered pies? that looks like the best solution.
Old 22-09-2015, 10:35   #24
God Member

There can be no complaints about the meat pies or hot dogs at Forest Green Rovers.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 11:33   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
You can always take your own like i do. Two pies and a full tin of mushy peas on Saturday cost me £1.10
Go on, I'll probably regret asking but how'd you keep 'em warm till half time??
Stevie R likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 11:56   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
The club should take some time to monitor what's going on regarding satisfactory supporters facilities as this contributes to a happy match day experience. The whole idea is to impress any first time supporters or visitors from other clubs who hopefully might want to return. As for the regulars, why should we put up with having to "make do" with what's on offer like it or lump it?
To those who say nowt to do wi the club, suggest yeh read that n reconsider.
Old 22-09-2015, 13:23   #27
God Member

I've just found out that the club have mentioned the lack of pies to the vendors already. The next question to the vendors will be if the pies were on sale and sold out or nothing was done
Old 22-09-2015, 14:27   #28
Senior Member+

I like to have a pie but not necessarily every match. It depends if I have missed my lunch becuase I have had to go out with Mrs Choirboy and hold the multiple bags of clothes that she has bought! In winter i occasionally enjoy a cup of Bovril too.
At the start of the season the new caterers did not have ANY PIES on sale at all.
I mentioned this to one of our fna directors and the next home match they had a few for sale. So speaking to the board does work. However, the caterers only seem to have about a dozen pies for sale at The Clayton End and these get 'Gobbled' up before the match starts! I wouldn't touch any sausage, regardless of length, not made by Mrs Choirboy or by my trusty local butcher!
Please can someone therefore get the traditional fayre back on the menu but in sufficient numbers for us to at least have a chance of buying at half time!
keep the faith likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 14:37   #29

Mushy peas and gravy too for those who might want it!
Old 22-09-2015, 15:23   #30
God Member

Do they sell pre/post match pies in The Crown?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..