Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2015, 18:14   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Who ate all the pies?

The only redeeming feature regarding the current food purveyors situated behind the Clubhouse is that there is not one Chicken Balti Pie in sight !....Pukka that !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2015, 18:41   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
The only redeeming feature regarding the current food purveyors situated behind the Clubhouse is that there is not one Chicken Balti Pie in sight !....Pukka that !.
on the clayton end theres no fecking pies at all on sight at half time, nor bovril at any time, its what i call "How to win friends @ influence people"
Old 22-09-2015, 19:00   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
on the clayton end theres no fecking pies at all on sight at half time, nor bovril at any time, its what i call "How to win friends @ influence people"
As has been pointed out ....no one seems to care about this parlous situation....as for wining friends, in particular any new ones who are paying their first visit to the Wham, the provision of adequate refreshments at any time during the game is imperative !.
It is however true to say old friend that you would not be that impressed with the quality of the pies currently masquerading as ' Meat and Pot ', even if you were able to purchase one !..
The pastry is carelessly baked I fear, and as for the fillings...there is certainly something mysterious about the concoction's flavour and consistency !...Now you know that I am not given to making flippant complaints.....but I do know my pies, if I say so myself !...So take care !.
Old 22-09-2015, 22:59   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Go on, I'll probably regret asking but how'd you keep 'em warm till half time??

I heat the lot up in the microwave and wrap the plastic tupperware type container in a sheet of tin foil before i set off about 2.15. Come half time the pie and peas are still warm enough,though in winter they're better off being eaten about 3.30.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 08:47   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
I heat the lot up in the microwave and wrap the plastic tupperware type container in a sheet of tin foil before i set off about 2.15. Come half time the pie and peas are still warm enough,though in winter they're better off being eaten about 3.30.
Very resourceful - if you got a bigger tupperware box you could supply half the Clayton End with their longed for pies & make a bit of cash at the same time
winstanley asfc likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 11:09   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith
Who ate all the pies?
Ian Craney?
keep the faith likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 12:47   #37
Full Member+

How they justify the prices they charge, A small plastic cup of coffee £1.50. pies when available £2.50 surely anybody in catering can do pie and peas for £2.oo and a bovril for 75p. we do need to get a grip of the catering situation. The best way is to come to the supporters club meeting and discuss the issue and perhaps even make viable suggestions the club could follow.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 14:51   #38
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
How they justify the prices they charge, A small plastic cup of coffee £1.50. pies when available £2.50 surely anybody in catering can do pie and peas for £2.oo and a bovril for 75p. we do need to get a grip of the catering situation. The best way is to come to the supporters club meeting and discuss the issue and perhaps even make viable suggestions the club could follow.
Unfortunately it's just business at the end of the day - supply and demand. They'll know that being the only caterers they can charge what they want as they have no competition. Whilst they have customers paying those prices they'll see no reason to reduce them. They're not here to do the fans a favour, just earn money.
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 15:21   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The prices whilst high, on "All" grounds are high, that aint the issue, the issue is what is not available on our ground, yet is elsewhere.
Old 24-09-2015, 19:46   #40

I think I'll be making alternative arrangements regarding half time refreshments for the foreseeable future. As I've already stated, all that most people want is a decent pie a cup of Bovril, tea or coffee served at a reasonable price together with a bit of common curtesy. At present with the exception of the tea and coffee you don't get owt' else. He can shove his miserable attitude and one foot sausages where the sun doesn't shine!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 08:54   #41

When is the contract up for tender again ?

Maybe the Supporters Club can get involved with running it, therefore OUR money will be coming back into OUR club.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 14:17   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
When is the contract up for tender again ?

Maybe the Supporters Club can get involved with running it, therefore OUR money will be coming back into OUR club.
But!...Would not any supporter worth his or her salt be much happier watching the REDS play than selling foot-long sausages ( which seem to be the in-thing amongst peckish Soccer fans at the moment!)..to the hungry masses on The Clayton End ?.
I , for one, cannot envisage a more soul-destroying job than this, and can see why the lads in the Vans have such a miserable and grudging demeanour !....
So for myself, who has never shown any talent for fast-food retailing, I will be watching not selling.
Sorry if this sounds a trifle selfish, perhaps one or two of the ladies of our forum might take up this challenge...after all 'a woman's place is in the .....'.
As I feel that I am somehow skating on thin ice, I'll just say...Come on you REDS and thump
the creepy Crawley's tomorrow !
Old 25-09-2015, 14:35   #43

want Bovril then bring a flask problem solved
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 16:07   #44
God Member

It's a lot of investment for club or supporters club to get the equipment in for doing the job.

I doubt it generates that much profit to warrant the investment. There are probably more pressing matters that need investment. A simplified setup of pies, drinks, crisps & chocolates may work, somebody would then complain there's no burgers, chips or foot long hot dogs
Old 25-09-2015, 18:51   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It would be relatively simple to give the fans at the turnstile a slip of paper with 2 preferences on, not expensive, not rocket science.

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..