Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2015, 19:38   #46
God Member

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It would be relatively simple to give the fans at the turnstile a slip of paper with 2 preferences on, not expensive, not rocket science.
What 2 preferences ?
Old 25-09-2015, 19:59   #47
Senior Member+

Sorry if this sounds a trifle selfish, perhaps one or two of the ladies of our forum might take up this challenge...after all 'a woman's place is in the .....'.
As I feel that I am somehow skating on thin ice, I'll just say...Come on you REDS and thump
the creepy Crawley's tomorrow ![/QUOTE]

Whoa Yonmon!!!!!!...
Do I detect secret messages here?????......
......a 'Soft spot' for TRIFLE seems to be apparent?........
.............In the kitchen is the place where I presume you suggest that Women are able to put together our Trifles?????......
........................and the ICE could be in the Vodka that could be the perfectly ridiculous Digestive to finish off the Trifle!!
.........My mouth is watering at these suggestions and also at the prospect of treading underfoot those Creepy Crawlies tomorrow!!
ON STANLEY ON
ps Mrs Choirboymakes the perfect trifle!!!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 20:08   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
What 2 preferences ?
A simplified set up. like what you mentioned, or the crap there selling now.
Old 25-09-2015, 20:24   #49
God Member

Quote:
A simplifiedset up. like what you mentioned, or the crap there selling now.
Thank goodness for the explanation - was thinking the preferences you referred to were for foot long ones or the more usual 6 inches???
Red-Osbornello likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 20:26   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
But!...Would not any supporter worth his or her salt be much happier watching the REDS play than selling foot-long sausages ( which seem to be the in-thing amongst peckish Soccer fans at the moment!)..to the hungry masses on The Clayton End ?.
I , for one, cannot envisage a more soul-destroying job than this, and can see why the lads in the Vans have such a miserable and grudging demeanour !....
So for myself, who has never shown any talent for fast-food retailing, I will be watching not selling.
Sorry if this sounds a trifle selfish, perhaps one or two of the ladies of our forum might take up this challenge...after all 'a woman's place is in the .....'.
As I feel that I am somehow skating on thin ice, I'll just say...Come on you REDS and thump
the creepy Crawley's tomorrow !
Not rising to the bait Yonmon
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 25-09-2015, 22:50   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not rising to the bait Yonmon
Failed again !!
DaveinGermany likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 07:02   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Thank goodness for the explanation - was thinking the preferences you referred to were for foot long ones or the more usual 6 inches???

Lets keep on thread and stick to the hot dogs please
Old 26-09-2015, 07:03   #53
God Member

Quote:
A simplified set up. like what you mentioned, or the crap there selling now.
Yep, when you start jazzing up it up you move away from what Stanley is all about, proper football not prawn sandwich football
Old 26-09-2015, 08:16   #54
God Member

Quote:
Lets keep on thread and stick to the hot dogs please
I was - I can assure you the only thing on my mind was the size of said hotdog that our fans find appropriate to be sold within the ground
Old 26-09-2015, 08:46   #55
God Member

cannot understand all these comments about food at Stanley. if you cant go a couple of hours without something to eat god help you. if you want a drink bring a flask or a plastic bottle with water or pop. food and drink at all football grounds have one thing in common its well overpriced and in nearly 60 years of watching football I can count on one hand when ive used food outlets at grounds even away grounds and Wembley you,ll have to use a pay day loan company before you visit.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 08:58   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if you cant go a couple of hours without something to eat god help you. if you want a drink bring a flask or a plastic bottle with water or pop.
One of the starngest things about that is that you can take a full flask in to a football ground, but if you take a plastic bottle of pop you have to have the top taken off
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 26-09-2015, 10:41   #57
Full Member+

Quote:
One of the starngest things about that is that you can take a full flask in to a football ground, but if you take a plastic bottle of pop you have to have the top taken off

The other year one of our overzealous stewards stopped me from taking my flask into the ground as "It might be used as a missile"
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 10:44   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
The other year one of our overzealous stewards stopped me from taking my flask into the ground as "It might be used as a missile"
Some of em are seriously brain dead.
Old 26-09-2015, 12:21   #59

Perhaps what we need is something like they have in the US or what we used to have in the local picture house, vendors going around at half time with hot pies, chocolate etc packed into baskets standing at the front of the stands and passing the food back to the terraces. Although there may be a problem these days with the Health and Safety lot.

Must admit I have also heard comments from supporters bemoaning the current lack of pies of any description.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 12:38   #60

I'm currently in the sports bar at Crawley and it's beer in plastic glasses and the nearest to food is roast ox crisps. Hopefully it improves inside!!!!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..