Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2015, 13:49   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Cobblers?? Their usual points off the Reds??? You do know we're playing Yeovil not Northampton
Just what are you implying young lady ?....I thought that "get the gloves off " was enough of a
subtle reference to Yeovil Town's nickname for folks to chew upon !.
But, knowing that I am now one of them there Octogenarians, I'm sure that if I caused any confusion by an unintentional allusion to Northampton Town, that you will look kindly on the ramblings of a struggling OAP !.
( But the medication is helping a little...I think !).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2015, 14:28   #92
God Member

I apologise if i misread your post Alan, think it was the reference to them taking their usual points off us that confused me - as far as I can remember I didn't think we'd ever played Yeovil in a league encounter? Of course I could be wrong & I haven't (yet) got my advancing years to blame although sometimes I think they're not very far away
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 15:44   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I apologise if i misread your post Alan, think it was the reference to them taking their usual points off us that confused me - as far as I can remember I didn't think we'd ever played Yeovil in a league encounter? Of course I could be wrong & I haven't (yet) got my advancing years to blame although sometimes I think they're not very far away
And now I am confused !!
Old 30-09-2015, 10:13   #94

Following all the activity and comments made on this thread throughout the week, last night I decided to give it another go at the Clayton end refreshment van. This was at half time. Myself and my mate who is a season ticket holder at another local club and on only his second ever visit to Stanley, joined a massive queue which stretched from the van to the gates of the smoking area near the Whinney Hill terrace entrance. It took the entire fifteen minutes of the half time break to be served.
We purchased two meat and potato pies which were just about warm enough to pass off as "warm" at £2.50 each. It was pretty clear to us the oven, from which they were taken was either not switched on or set at an incorrect temperature. Overall not a very pleasant experience.

As there was only two people serving, it was blatantly obvious to everyone in the long queue that there wasn't enough staff behind the counter to cope with the demand of the half time rush, and having to serve up some of the more exotic fayre on offer plus taking payment takes up a considerably longer period of time. It was to say the least a very frustrating experience.They definitely need two more staff members/helpers.

The question I would like to ask is, following all the comments made on this thread has the club taken any steps to bring to the attention of the refreshment van owners the concerns of the supporters?

Last edited by keep the faith; 30-09-2015 at 10:15.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 12:26   #95
Senior Member+

I had quite a late tea before going on to watch last nights match but I checked on the way in if there were any pies available. So immediately on the half time whistle I rushed down behind the Clayton End to get in the queue for a pie.However I also found the queue going right back to the 'Fumare' gates. I made the judgement that by the time I got to the front of the queue that all the pies would have been sold and that I would miss the kick off for the second half! Therefore I didn't bother to wait!
I just dread the thought that I could have missed an early goal as good as Crooksies last night!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 17:01   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Following all the activity and comments made on this thread throughout the week, last night I decided to give it another go at the Clayton end refreshment van. This was at half time. Myself and my mate who is a season ticket holder at another local club and on only his second ever visit to Stanley, joined a massive queue which stretched from the van to the gates of the smoking area near the Whinney Hill terrace entrance. It took the entire fifteen minutes of the half time break to be served.
We purchased two meat and potato pies which were just about warm enough to pass off as "warm" at £2.50 each. It was pretty clear to us the oven, from which they were taken was either not switched on or set at an incorrect temperature. Overall not a very pleasant experience.

As there was only two people serving, it was blatantly obvious to everyone in the long queue that there wasn't enough staff behind the counter to cope with the demand of the half time rush, and having to serve up some of the more exotic fayre on offer plus taking payment takes up a considerably longer period of time. It was to say the least a very frustrating experience.They definitely need two more staff members/helpers.

The question I would like to ask is, following all the comments made on this thread has the club taken any steps to bring to the attention of the refreshment van owners the concerns of the supporters?
A possible answer is that it will be dealt with next week !...but that's just me being cynical again. A more likely answer is that given several times in this thread which is, that as this element of' Fan-comforts' is so obviously low in priority at the Club, then little or nothing will be done about it !.
As there can't be anything more disturbing both physically and emotionally in the whole world of Soccer than a tepid Meat and Potato Pie, I really do commiserate with your friend and yourself, and sharing your obvious affection for these delicacies I now feel that i must give the Fast food outlets a wide berth.
Which is so Sad !!....Incidentally, I spotted a gent taking a mouthful of something from a paper beaker last night, then pulling a wry face placing the same under his seat .YES the drinks ARE as bad as the Pies !.....
Don't despair, at least the football was great !
Old 30-09-2015, 17:16   #97

If fans do want to ask the club anything or indeed complain about anything then the best way to do this is by email: [email protected]
I will make sure that any questions/ complaints are passed on to the relevant people.
There are also officials from the club present at Supporters Club meetings.
Robert
Supporter Liaison Officer
Accrington Stanley
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 18:03   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
If fans do want to ask the club anything or indeed complain about anything then the best way to do this is by email: [email protected]
I will make sure that any questions/ complaints are passed on to the relevant people.
There are also officials from the club present at Supporters Club meetings.
Robert
Supporter Liaison Officer
Accrington Stanley
So whats the difference between an e-mail and reading this Rob? Keep the Faith dont live in accy, plus he brought another clubs fan, surely that merits attention?
keep the faith likes this.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:49   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So whats the difference between an e-mail and reading this Rob? Keep the Faith dont live in accy, plus he brought another clubs fan, surely that merits attention?
That's just what I was thinking Cashy!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:37   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
That's just what I was thinking Cashy!
Yeh well i hope the Supporter Liaison officer can understand "English"
keep the faith likes this.
Old 01-10-2015, 14:56   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
And now HE as our 'Voice in high Places' will sort it all out for Saturday !!...or do I once again live in hope Cashy ?.

Last edited by yonmon; 01-10-2015 at 15:00.
Old 01-10-2015, 16:09   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And now HE as our 'Voice in high Places' will sort it all out for Saturday !!...or do I once again live in hope Cashy ?.
Yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening me owd mate.
Old 01-10-2015, 16:18   #103
Senior Member+

This
Quote:
Yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening me owd mate.
But that title 'Supporter Liaison Officer must place the onus squarely on his shoulders having read all of the evidence presented in this thread !..
I look forward to him championing the cause of the Pieless and Sausageless immediately if he really takes his position seriously !
Old 01-10-2015, 16:26   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
This
But that title 'Supporter Liaison Officer must place the onus squarely on his shoulders having read all of the evidence presented in this thread !..
I look forward to him championing the cause of the Pieless and Sausageless immediately if he really takes his position seriously !
Perhaps he only takes E-Mails seriously?
Old 01-10-2015, 18:26   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Perhaps he only takes E-Mails seriously?
Well whoever he happens to be, now is his opportunity to prove himself a real champion of we fans and bring about a resolution to the fast-food situation immediately. That is if he has any influence at all at the Club !.

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..