Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2015, 18:36   #106

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Emails are best as I can pass them on to the people who run the burger vans.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2015, 19:35   #107
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I look forward to him championing the cause of the Pieless and Sausageless !
I don't think there's an issue in the Sausage department, in fact, far from it! There's sossys in abundance & the size of 'em fair turns your head.
Old 01-10-2015, 19:46   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Why not grasp the nettle and pass the thoughts of the fans along face to face to these individuals who are providing little service and poor quality ?....
EMails do have their use, but where some strong words are needed they fall short in so many ways!.
If it is within your remit to take these second rate vendors to task, then a real effort on your part would be recognised by those so sorely offended by this situation as the act of a real Fan's Champion !.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 19:55   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I don't think there's an issue in the Sausage department, in fact, far from it! There's sossys in abundance & the size of 'em fair turns your head.
Dave, not being an afficionado of Sausages of any size, shape or flavour, I keep them and whatever appeal they might hold at a discreet arms length !.
However, I can see that they might well play an important part in other people's life, and am pleased to hear that there is an abundance of these delicacies at The Wham' !.

But isn't it good news that The Fans Liaison Officer is now taking an interest in the crusade to provide better service and refreshments for the forgotten fans ?.
Old 01-10-2015, 20:31   #110
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Dave, not being an afficionado of Sausages of any size, shape or flavour, I keep them and whatever appeal they might hold at a discreet arms length !.
Mate I live in Germany, it's a veritable Sossy fest over here! All the thigh slapping, yoddel-e-ho-ho, knee length leather panted rotund krautlings (And that's just the wimmin!) love to guzzle a "Würstchen" or several, all swilled down with Litres (literally) of Beer, it's shocking I can tell you!

Quote:
But isn't it good news that The Fans Liaison Officer is now taking an interest in the crusade to provide better service and refreshments for the forgotten fans ?.
Most serpently Yonmon, lets just hope he hasn't "Bitten off more than he can chew" & that he can get through the "Crust" of the problem & into the "Meat" of the matter .........

Ladies & Gentlemen I'm here all week ...... Yours for a six pack & a pie, I do hatchin's. matchin's & despatchin's also available for coach trips Bu-bum!
Stevie R likes this.
Old 01-10-2015, 21:56   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Mate I live in Germany, it's a veritable Sossy fest over here! All the thigh slapping, yoddel-e-ho-ho, knee length leather panted rotund krautlings (And that's just the wimmin!) love to guzzle a "Würstchen" or several, all swilled down with Litres (literally) of Beer, it's shocking I can tell you!

Most serpently Yonmon, lets just hope he hasn't "Bitten off more than he can chew" & that he can get through the "Crust" of the problem & into the "Meat" of the matter .........

Ladies & Gentlemen I'm here all week ...... Yours for a six pack & a pie, I do hatchin's. matchin's & despatchin's also available for coach trips Bu-bum!

Dave !...as I have previously noted, it doesn't take much to have me, in my dotage, totally confused !...and as usual you have managed to achieve this, although I'll join you in a yoddel-de-ho- Ho, which sounds vaguely musical to me !.
Taking a more serious tack though, I have no idea who the one purporting to be the Fans Liaison Officer is, but to have achieved this position he or she must have impressed the powers that be that they possess the mettle needed to face up to the challenge of any fan-related problem, and so I look forward to a ditching of EMails as a solution to the one in question, replacing them with a robust and firm criticism of the sad efforts of those providing this Season's Ground-based refreshments.
Perhaps we will see results on Saturday ?....I'll be watching !.
Old 01-10-2015, 23:03   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Have I got it right? You want someone to email you telling you to read this thread so that you can pass the email on to someone who hasn't?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:04   #113
Full Member+

I don't understand what's so difficult about sending the club an email?
If the club received an email, I imagine they could treat it like a proper complaint, as well as have it on hand and discuss with the caterers.
The alternative is either printing out every page of this thread or attempting to remember individuals members posts from an unofficial forum?
People want change but keep expecting the club to come looking for problems?
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:43   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
If the club received an email, I imagine they could treat it like a proper complaint, as well as have it on hand and discuss with the caterers.
The alternative is either printing out every page of this thread or attempting to remember individuals members posts from an unofficial forum?
So you happen to think they dont read the threads on here? it just demonstrates how naive yeh are if yeh think that!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:59   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
Sensible and supportive.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:02   #116
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So you happen to think they dont read the threads on here? it just demonstrates how naive yeh are if yeh think that!
I'm not saying that they don't read it.
I'm saying that if they took everything on here as a genuine complaint and actioned every one of them:
Beattie would be chairman, Crooksy would never have been re-signed, the club would have been renamed Mitre United in pink and claret, and Bovril would be running out of the taps...
maccawozzagod and sherry like this.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:10   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
Just as it shows a modicum of naivety to think that those managing the Club are not already aware of the substandard services which they are allowing to function in the ground on Match days ?.
Hopefully, the Fan's Liaison Officer who has shown some interest in this parlous state of affairs,will give it full attention and redress the situation to everyone's satisfaction !.
As for EMails...on some occasions the Pen is NOT Mightier that the sword !!.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:15   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Sensible and supportive.
Quote:
Just as it shows a modicum of naivety to think that those managing the Club are not already aware of the substandard services which they are allowing to function in the ground on Match days ?.
Hopefully, the Fan's Liaison Officer who has shown some interest in this parlous state of affairs,will give it full attention and redress the situation to everyone's satisfaction !.
As for EMails...on some occasions the Pen is NOT Mightier that the sword !!.
Right E-mails are sensible and supportive? somehow i dont think so Sherry, WHY do i and probably every season ticket holder, get e-mails regular from the club telling me to get down to the ground for the next home match? I get loads @ loads of rubbish e-mails every day, i certainly dont NEED or Expect em from Stanley. So why would anyone with any sense send em an e-mail?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:23   #119
Full Member+

Quote:
Right E-mails are sensible and supportive? somehow i dont think so Sherry, WHY do i and probably every season ticket holder, get e-mails regular from the club telling me to get down to the ground for the next home match? I get loads @ loads of rubbish e-mails every day, i certainly dont NEED or Expect em from Stanley. So why would anyone with any sense send em an e-mail?
Because email marketing is one of the most effective promotional tools of the modern era?
sherry likes this.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:28   #120

What does it matter by what medium we express our concerns regarding the terrible catering facilities at the Wham Stadium this season. What strikes me is that this so called "Fans Liaison Officer" is well aware of the issue as he's obviously been reading the thread, but instead of living up to his "Grand" important sounding title, his first reaction is to make sure correct procedures are being followed. Sounds to me like he's more biased towards the club than the fans.
cashman likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..