Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2015, 11:59   #1

Who ate all the pies?

I'm very disappointed with the new burger van in the Clayton end not selling pies. It's fair to say pies are the traditional choice of football supporters up and down the land. Potato, meat, steak even curry. I'm sure that I'm not the only person to feel let down by the current situation and wonder if ever this issue can be addressed. What makes things worse is having to witness potato pies being hand delivered to a couple of supporters every home game by a member of the club staff, which really does add salt to the wound.
Wynonie Harris and Stevie R like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2015, 12:29   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Who ate all the pies?

I only occasionally buy grub from the ground, but now due to the fact NO pies, i don't, cos pies were all i ever bought, wouldn't mind betting it the only ground in the country that yeh can't get one? ridiculous state of affairs, but whats new?
keep the faith likes this.
Old 21-09-2015, 12:44   #3
I am Banned

Not keen on the new catering Arrangements the old one you was greated by a nice looking lass n a smile, this one you get some morbid old codger who charges more and doesn't sell pies n foot long hotdog bloody hell made me feel inadequate that
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 12:49   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to agree, the old one was far better, also the lasses were.
Old 21-09-2015, 13:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
I'm very disappointed with the new burger van in the Clayton end not selling pies. It's fair to say pies are the traditional choice of football supporters up and down the land. Potato, meat, steak even curry. I'm sure that I'm not the only person to feel let down by the current situation and wonder if ever this issue can be addressed. What makes things worse is having to witness potato pies being hand delivered to a couple of supporters every home game by a member of the club staff, which really does add salt to the wound.
They do sell pies . Only Hollands Meat and Potato . I had one before the game on Saturday .

Perhaps they had just sold out because we all love pies ?
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 13:25   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is, i can recall in the 50s, used to love going to Halifax, even though the ground was a real tip, behind the goal,not steps but a kinda slag heap to stand on, but i wouldn't have missed, cos they had what i regarded as the best pies in the owd 3rd Div North,
Old 21-09-2015, 14:20   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Not keen on the new catering Arrangements the old one you was greated by a nice looking lass n a smile, this one you get some morbid old codger who charges more and doesn't sell pies n foot long hotdog bloody hell made me feel inadequate that
I've got to agree, this guy has a face like a gorilla sucking a wasp, a real Mr. Charisma
Kiwi John likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 14:50   #8
God Member

Take your requests to the morbid wasp chewers. Same as any business, if there is a demand they'd probably offer it?

As far as I know the catering is still tendered out and is nowt to do with the club
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 21-09-2015, 15:40   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Take your requests to the morbid wasp chewers. Same as any business, if there is a demand they'd probably offer it?

As far as I know the catering is still tendered out and is nowt to do with the club
As far as i know rob, its been asked.though it should really be summat to do wi the club, its good if its a top rate thing, all positive that way.
Old 21-09-2015, 15:57   #10
God Member

Quote:
...As far as I know the catering is still tendered out and is nowt to do with the club
Who does the tendering? The landlord?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 18:56   #11

The last steak pie I had wasn't tendered out ..........
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 19:22   #12
Full Member+

Quote:

The club who agree the particulars of the contract, and you would think also monitor it, so it is everything to do with the club.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 19:30   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
The club who agree the particulars of the contract, and you would think also monitor it, so it is everything to do with the club.
Can't imagine the club will have checked the menu . If an outside caterer has stumped up money to sort out the catering then they need to make sure they sell what the customer wants. The club can pass the complaints on if somebody tells them I guess.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 21-09-2015, 19:45   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

An outside caterer stumps up money, to make money, seems to me they aint a patch on the previous uns. people used to enjoy going to the owd uns.
Old 21-09-2015, 19:52   #15
Full Member+

Smile Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Can't imagine the club will have checked the menu . If an outside caterer has stumped up money to sort out the catering then they need to make sure they sell what the customer wants. The club can pass the complaints on if somebody tells them I guess.

I obviously have less idea than you what goes on, and I appreciate the club probably won't have time to get involved in details like agreeing menus, but other clubs do set them.

I was impressed by Morcambe having that Cross Bay ale in plastic bottles, I'm not sure if any local breweries do the same?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..