Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2018, 19:38   #16

Re: Who can cut it in Div 1?

Excuse me, but this thread is who WILL cut it. Therefore it is positive by definition.

Cashy, why thoughtless? I’d have said it’s quite thoughtful. Certainly as thoughtful as “wot we gonna do about them steps at the Clayton End”.

Thoughtless is surely posts slagging off Coley and Seany when things are not going so well. Not that you’d ever do that.

Anyway, to elaborate a little on my uncertainty on Chappers and Billy.

Firstly, Chappers is unlikely to have as quiet a time as he has this season. He’s going to have to boss his area more and I’m not sure he’s great at that.

Super Bill - my uncertainty is merely that a better class of centre half MIGHT take him out of the game. I am more certain about Jackson and Clark, for example, because pace is a commodity that will cause problems at all levels.

Anyway, apologies for my musings. Clearly I thought a social media platform succeeds by welcoming all manner of views and debate. I now realise it would be better if we just kept our utterings to guessing the gate and moaning about the size of the print on the main screen.
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2018, 19:41   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thoughtless because we have a damn good chance of becoming champions, surely even a brooke bond monkey can grasp that?
Old 26-04-2018, 20:23   #18
God Member

Historically Coley has ALWAYS stuck with the team that won promotion, minus any losses we might suffer

Whether he thinks Harvey Rogers or Big Ben two-names is an adequate replacement for Jimmy Dunne I dont know, but he'll offer contracts to all of the core players
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 26-04-2018, 21:40   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Excuse me, but this thread is who WILL cut it. Therefore it is positive by definition.

Cashy, why thoughtless? I’d have said it’s quite thoughtful. Certainly as thoughtful as “wot we gonna do about them steps at the Clayton End”.

Thoughtless is surely posts slagging off Coley and Seany when things are not going so well. Not that you’d ever do that.

Firstly, Chappers is unlikely to have as quiet a time as he has this season. He’s going to have to boss his area more and I’m not sure he’s great at that.

Super Bill - my uncertainty is merely that a better class of centre half MIGHT take him out of the game. I am more certain about Jackson and Clark, for example, because pace is a commodity that will cause problems at all levels.

Anyway, apologies for my musings. Clearly I thought a social media platform succeeds by welcoming all manner of views and debate. I now realise it would be better if we just kept our utterings to guessing the gate and moaning about the size of the print on the main screen.
It is thoughtless because it creates disharmony and division. We have achieved so much this season because of the sense of unity within the club, and between club and supporters. A social media platform such as this succeeds by promoting that sense of unity, not trying to destroy it.

Chapman's progress this season has been plain for all to see. With 2 vital games ahead, he does not need idiots like you trying to undermine his confidence.
MikeA, KiTChener, cashman and 2 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 17:57   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post

Hallelujah to that. Some people no matter what their opinions on here will be viewed negatively.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 17:58   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Historically Coley has ALWAYS stuck with the team that won promotion, minus any losses we might suffer

Whether he thinks Harvey Rogers or Big Ben two-names is an adequate replacement for Jimmy Dunne I dont know, but he'll offer contracts to all of the core players
All of the core players are already under contract next season.
choirboy likes this.
Old 27-04-2018, 18:25   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

Hopefully being a hooray league 1 side Jimmy will want to come back and please Burnley let him season long loan please.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 19:46   #23
Senior Member+

IMHO, a team that wins promotion is good enough to stay up the following season in the League above.
Common sense though would lead to further strengthening of the squad to ensure survival.
Just let Coley and Jimmy decide who will "CUT IT". They are the 'Masters' in charge....They have more experience at managing at this level of football THAN ANYONE!
I don't know what management experience or coaching qualifications you have Lord D, .....to doubt that ANY of our current players will not be able to 'Cut it' next season.
They are all brilliant in my book and to doubt any of them at this stage is just simply negative!.......
CHOIRBOY and 99.9 % of Stanley supporters are 100% behind ALL of our players!
ON STANLEY ON
UP INTO LEAGUE ONE....
Just ONE little point is needed from our two remaining fixtures and we will go up as CHAMPIONS of a Football League Division for the first time in our 130 year history!

HAVE NO DOUBTS ........Lord D
THIS IS STANLEY'S GREATEST EVER MOMENT!
CELEBRATE IT!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 21:45   #24
Senior Member+

I hope that JC will be loyal to the players who have won promotion, and give them the chance to show they can "cut it" in League 1. Similarly, I hope (probably more naively ) that the players who have stood out and gained national attention will stay loyal to the club that has given them the chance to shine.

That said, I'm sure the guys who have spent a league 2 season mainly on the bench will be looking to move to somewhere they can get a regular game ('cos if they didn't this year they're obviously not likely to next, unless they are seen to be developing rapidly), and realistically our younger "stars" would be daft not to accept offers of substantially more money if they do come in. But I do hope our "senior pros" (and come to that JC and JB ) will be happy to stay where they are and try to keep us at this next, challenging, level.

But then I'm soft, really ....
KiTChener and choirboy like this.
Old 29-04-2018, 08:14   #25

I don’t believe I have ever laughed so much as I did at Revived Red’s comment:

“A social media platform such as this succeeds by promoting that sense of unity, not trying to destroy it.”

So, to recap. We have a thread on here that is 8,000 pages long dedicated to slagging Sean Mc, we have had endless, absolutely endless, slagging of:
The big screen, The Clayton end steps, Coleman not rotating his players, minor problems Buying tickets, Petty arguments with Dav and Twenty Eight (that I don’t understand), referee slating.

Oh yeah, and we get a Lincoln fan giving us some good wishes only to be shot down in flames.

Meanwhile I express some views that we will be generally good enough to make mid table and some little tit bit that I have doubts about Chappy is picked on.

I think it’s been pretty clear who the most confident poster on here has been. Yup, the bloke who said ages ago that promotion was already won when you miserable bugg@rs were obviously contemplating some impossible collapse in form. A huge vote of confidence to the players and management that is.
Chrisr and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 08:31   #26
Senior Member+

I am so pleased that I amused you, Lord D. I always suspected that I should have had a career in stand-up.

It is interesting to see the threads that you pick out. Yes, all of them contain plenty of criticism. But, just in case you did not notice, it is/was criticism of individuals. Your original post analysed the entire core squad - and doubted the ability of five of them:

Not sure about Super Bill or Chappers.

Hughes, Nolan and Brown may struggle.

You may, of course, be correct. I am sure you think that you always are. But that was not the time to write what you did. It may have been ok after the final game, but not when we still sought that important point.
Old 29-04-2018, 09:39   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Also Lord D, omits to say on the sean mac thread, whist there has been much criticism, there are also posts by people who did criticize, saying how much he has improved and become a valuable member of our squad, still i expect nowt else from his Lordship.
Old 29-04-2018, 10:00   #28

Feel I must defend Milord on this occasion.
The question posed seems a legitimate one, although perhaps posted prematurely.
I don't always agree with Lord D, but he is entitled to his opinion regarding the ability or otherwise of squad players.
As for this post having a detrimental effect on the confidence of a particular player - Hee Haawww!
This post has had 27 views. Anyone who thinks the management & players bother to read any of it is deluded.
I know this for a fact, as all my incisive recommendations on team selection, substitutions & team tactics throughout the season have been completely ignored by Professor Coleman - Thank God!
Greger and Lord Didsbury like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 10:03   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
The question posed seems a legitimate one, although perhaps posted prematurely.
Exactly
Old 29-04-2018, 11:57   #30
Senior Member+

To lighten the mood yesterday I was slagged off by two Accy fans ( a married couple I believe )for jumping from my seat when we scored and when we won the penalty.
When I explained we weren’t at the cinema they had a word with a Stward about my behaviour.
You couldn’t make it up ........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..