Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 12:19   #46
God Member

Re: Wigan Athletic Checkatrade Trophy Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
As well as Sousa and McLeod have played it would be difficult to not to start McConville and Clarke given their performance levels so far this season. Perhaps their consistency is helped by these guys ready to step in should the levels drop.

At the minute the only position up for grabs seems to be central midfield. We are still lacking a spark of creativity/forward thrust from this area and I guess this is not going to change for the rest of the season.

Saying that I think all our midfield combinations are solid and no-one has played particularly badly. If this set up gives the creative wide players sufficient scope to perform it may well be a non-issue.
Could be a target area come January.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2017, 13:29   #47
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
could be a target area come january.
should
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 16:42   #48
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Inspector Morse;1204227]As well as Sousa and McLeod have played it would be difficult to not to start McConville and Clarke given their performance levels so far this season. Perhaps their consistency is helped by these guys ready to step in should the levels drop.

The reason why is a simple one. The two with the first team shirts know how to defend as well as attack. The other two less so.
Adios.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 17:25   #49
Senior Member+

This explains the draw. Well, sort of:
https://www.efl.com/news/2017/novemb...edium=referral
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 21:20   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
This explains the draw. Well, sort of:
https://www.efl.com/news/2017/novemb...edium=referral
Not to me it dont.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49   #51
Senior Member+

while not a fan of Paul Cook I find myself in agreement with his line on the checkatrade trophy, this web page from Wigan evening post says it all
The 12th Man: Checkatrade malfunction, but Cook?s stance is best - Wigan Today
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:08   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I also am NO Fan of the snake, but agree 100% with him on his stance. Seems Bradford City fans have made a great stand against this abomination of a trophy, so well done them.
accybeme and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:39   #53
God Member

It's all well & good taking such a stance if you can afford the fines that come with it, what about the clubs who can't & are forced to go along with the ridiculousness of the competition?
I've made my own personal stand by not attending any if our Checkatrade games, it goes right against the grain as I don't like not being there to support our lads but I'll continue with it even if it means missing us playing at Wembley (& my God, that would hurt!)
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:43   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is if the clubs that aint worried about the fines continue as some are doing, then its the best chance of the knobheads reverting back imho.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:52   #55
Senior Member+

This story will warm your heart, Cashy ....

Checkatrade Trophy: Three Sunderland fans make trip to Grimsby Town - BBC Sport
Old 10-11-2017, 10:56   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Cheers Chimer
Old 10-11-2017, 12:14   #57
God Member

[QUOTE=accybeme;1204289]while not a fan of Paul Cook I find myself in agreement with his line on the checkatrade trophy, this web page from Wigan evening post says it all

hate to agree myself but everything in the wigan paper for me is correct. anyone who goes to these games are in a way supporting the idea for B teams entering the football league. i,m sure this will eventually happen if the bribe is big enough for a lot of cash strapped league clubs. if atanley are ever involved in that type of thing i for one will pick my games carefully.
accybeme likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:39   #58
Senior Member+

As I understand this The EPL coerced lower league clubs to vote for the checkatrade new format by threatening to take away their current share of handed down TV money, only trouble they cannot make the fans attend these matches,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 13:04   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
As I understand this The EPL coerced lower league clubs to vote for the checkatrade new format by threatening to take away their current share of handed down TV money, only trouble they cannot make the fans attend these matches,
yes the dirty tricks brigade were out in force knowing most if not all rely upon that money. they,ll do anything to get their way and could not care less about fans being at stanley or any other lower division sides. we have not heard the last of their bribes by any means.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 18:47   #60

Lincoln away in round 2.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..