Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2021, 18:48   #1
God Member

Wigan EFL trophy

Line up:- one change to starting 11 Scully for Conneely same bench.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2021, 18:51   #2
God Member

Re: Wigan EFL trophy

Wow, going for it....

Scully is a good player I think.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 19:16   #3
Full Member+

Lets hope for another repeat win from last Saturday.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 20:04   #4
Full Member+

Sir Harry
Old 30-11-2021, 21:54   #5
God Member

Poor game apart from Pell,s goal their keeper hadn't a save to make Wigan win on penalties and frankly especially second half were the better side.
Old 30-11-2021, 21:54   #6
God Member

Coley's old adage comes home...................

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:30   #7
God Member

Coleman,s post match interview spot on absolutely woeful no wonder not many turned up the only bright spots Coyle, Nolan and Savin, Bishop had no one alongside him so leading a non existent line I,d start Nolan Saturday with Mumbongo alongside Bishop Coyle in midfield rest upto Coley to change things, the passing out of defence especially Sykes has been woeful for sometime last night every pass was just excepted by Wigan and to be honest they should have won easily in normal time thankfully it was their reserves dread to think what would have happened if they had played their first 11.
cashman likes this.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:04   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

stanleys distribution is absolute rubbish demonstrated again clearly last night.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:18   #9
Full Member+

Anyone else notice JC absolute lose it with a certain sub who wasn't ready in time to come on.... so didn't in the end....
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:42   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Anyone else notice JC absolute lose it with a certain sub who wasn't ready in time to come on.... so didn't in the end....
Sums the general view from outside that something isn't quite right certain players just going through the motions maybe should join Charles going through the motions of training and picking a wage up makes my blood boil. Saturday if the same I am personally going to give it to them as a supporter you are entitled watching that drivel.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:33   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Sums the general view from outside that something isn't quite right certain players just going through the motions maybe should join Charles going through the motions of training and picking a wage up makes my blood boil. Saturday if the same I am personally going to give it to them as a supporter you are entitled watching that drivel.
If this had been a league game i,d be with you. However the players might have had the same interest in the game as the fans who stayed away. Saturday has become now a massive game for everyone in the club and the fans themselves. Hope we get something to shout out thats positive and not get on the players backs unless they give us a good reason for doing so.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:32   #12
God Member

You may well have a point, MH.
It was a pretty uninspiring game in the main but I thought Messrs Scully and Coyle did well, and brought a bit of pace and bite to Stanley. Both, you would imagine, trying their best to get out of the ‘reserves’ and into the first team squad.
Wigan, to my eyes, played a better all round game, quicker to most second or loose balls, running into space, making themselves available for a pass, etc, etc. And I was told seven of their team were ‘reserves’. Maybe they too were taking their chance to make an impression when offered.
Saturday will indeed be a real test.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:52   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
If this had been a league game i,d be with you. However the players might have had the same interest in the game as the fans who stayed away. Saturday has become now a massive game for everyone in the club and the fans themselves. Hope we get something to shout out thats positive and not get on the players backs unless they give us a good reason for doing so.
Spot on monkey hanger, getting on players backs wont make them play better. Will just make the situation worse by the fact they will lose even more confidence in themselves
AccyMad likes this.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:20   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought coley summed up very well. i hope he makes changes on sat. but doubt it.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:42   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
If they weren't interested then say so and let someone else play who his interested load of codswallop if same attitude Saturday we are beaten before a ball is kicked should be proud of wearing the shirt whatever game.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..