Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2013, 19:36   #31
God Member

Re: Wigan FA Cup Winners

Nothing wrong with aspiration or inspiration so long as it is treated with realisation
DAV007 likes this.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2013, 19:58   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Like to make a point on Steve Kean,he is a very knowledgable coach and most of the rubbish posted about him is simply not true.
What is the difference between a coach and a manager?

I usually respect your opinion, f19, though I don't always agree with it. But in this case, I think you are simply wrong. How many times did you watch Blackburn when he was in charge? Every time I watched them, live or on TV, they were clueless - unable to string two passes together. His post-match interviews were embarrassing. His signings were dreadful - Orr, Goodwillie, Nuno Gomes, Fabio Nunes, some useless centre forward from Marseille reserves whose name thankfully escapes me. Were the stories about dressing-room bust-ups all wrong?

Yes, he may have been "very knowledgable" but he had no idea how to put that knowledge into practice. Lots of us have met "very knowledgable" people who cannot apply that knowledge.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 20:31   #33
Senior Member+

Revived Red,always respect your posts,but there was a lot of good went on behind the scenes,Like resis's team,who went to old trafford and won league,youth team,etc..,big Sam wasn't interested until Phil Jones popped up.(that was Keans call,believe me).The problem with the first team was caused by senior players not giving a toss about the club,easy to blame the manager.
It's hard to get rid of players that are on big contracts,and they can disrupt everything that's trying to be built,maybe showing some loyalty to Big Sam who made many deals !!!.
Ask people who played under Kean,he knew his football,even Fergie rated him,but players can get the manager sacked,look at Samber,100k a week,all about money and no loyalty
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 21:28   #34
Senior Member+

First of all...
CONGRATUALATIONS TO WIGAN FC ON WINNING THE FA CUP 2012/13.
Secondly....
Compare populations, ie possible size of fan base.
2011 Census figures;
Wigan = 317,800 * This could be population of the larger "Urban" area.
Accy = 37,000 * I think Hyndburn larger "Urban" area is about 70,000.
so Wigan do have a much larger possible fan base.
My conclusions;
a) Wigan have done well to be in the Premier League / Nationwide. They have done superbly to win the FA Cup!!
b) Stanley have done well to rebuild and get back into and stay in The Football League.
I hope both clubs continue to be successful
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 07:28   #35
Super Moderator

The simple fact is, with our size of town and catchment area, Div 2 is our "Premier League". Enjoy it!
cashman and Redash like this.
Old 13-05-2013, 07:52   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Revived Red,always respect your posts,but there was a lot of good went on behind the scenes,Like resis's team,who went to old trafford and won league,youth team,etc..,big Sam wasn't interested until Phil Jones popped up.(that was Kean's call,believe me).The problem with the first team was caused by senior players not giving a toss about the club,easy to blame the manager.
It's hard to get rid of players that are on big contracts,and they can disrupt everything that's trying to be built,maybe showing some loyalty to Big Sam who made many deals !!!.
Ask people who played under Kean,he knew his football,even Fergie rated him,but players can get the manager sacked,look at Samba,100k a week,all about money and no loyalty
If he was such a wonderful coach why hasn't he been snapped up by anybody, in fact he has disappeared from view since he departed Rovers, his post match interviews were pathetic as were his press conferences, as for no loyalty and problems caused by senior players, load of tosh, very few top class player stay around after relegation, but there are money mercenaries, like Samba who no doubt will be off again if somebody comes along with a similar offer from the top flight, Hoilett was already leaving come what may. Kean was out of his depth in management, pushed forward by one mans greed to line his own pockets at the expense of the team, he seems to have disappear also along with the Global Advisor, Barcelona don't even have one of those, Venky's, Kean and Anderson made Rovers a laughing stock, once Venky's go we can start to get back on an even keel, if Venky's stay around they'll have to learn fast that its totally different running a football club than any other business, its call listening to the right football people who have the club at heart
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 08:46   #37
Senior Member+

The senior players played a big part in them getting relegated,and your right they didn't hang around,so surely kean did well to re-built in such a short period,and get them around the top three.Easy to blame the manager,ask Wolves fans and most relegated teams
Old 13-05-2013, 09:05   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The senior players played a big part in them getting relegated,and your right they didn't hang around,so surely kean did well to re-built in such a short period,and get them around the top three.Easy to blame the manager,ask Wolves fans and most relegated teams
As I said you obviously didn't watch Rovers play early season they were abysmal to say the least, how they were ever in the top 6 is a total mystery, Kean was a poor manager fueled my the greed of his agent nothing more nothing less, doubt if he'll ever be a manager again he was well and truly rumbled, There is a big difference between a manager and a coach, you acquire your coaching badges by taking exams, there are no such exams to become a manager, that's why most top managers were not top of the tree as players, Fergie and Wenger are just two of note, not sure Wenger ever played league football at all

Last edited by jaysay; 13-05-2013 at 09:15.
Old 13-05-2013, 09:06   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well most of yer views are normally sensible football19, but this view of Kean the manager,who was a complete useless git fer all the general public to note, is very skewed to put it nicely. Why on earth do yeh assume the Dingles adopted him?
Old 13-05-2013, 10:38   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There is a big difference between a manager and a coach, you acquire your coaching badges by taking exams, there are no such exams to become a manager,
not sure that's true Jay, pretty sure you have to have European Coaching Qualifications in order to be a FL manager - although not sure what level you need.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 11:51   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
not sure that's true Jay, pretty sure you have to have European Coaching Qualifications in order to be a FL manager - although not sure what level you need.
Managers in League 2 are supposed to have UEFA B Licence and be working towards UEFA Pro Licence ( A&B ) You need UEFA Pro to manage in the Premier League although you can get dispensation to be given time.

Strangely enough I had this conversation with a UEFA coach last week
Old 13-05-2013, 16:11   #42
Senior Member+

Everyones entitled to there opinion,and no rumours/forums/fans gossip will ever change my mind.
The problems at Blackburn started way before Venkys/Kean come on the scene,even before Paul Ince.
Yes they probably made some mistakes(all clubs do inc. man utd),but to lay all the blame on them isnt right.
If the club was such a well run machine,why sell it to Venkys ?,and dont mention the Walkers,I know them !!
Old 13-05-2013, 17:36   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Everyones entitled to there opinion,and no rumours/forums/fans gossip will ever change my mind.
The problems at Blackburn started way before Venkys/Kean come on the scene,even before Paul Ince.
Yes they probably made some mistakes(all clubs do inc. man utd),but to lay all the blame on them isnt right.
If the club was such a well run machine,why sell it to Venkys ?,and dont mention the Walkers,I know them !!
Its hardly a secret the Walker family have wanted to get rid of Rovers for years, virtually since Jack died, it was Jacks baby, nobody else's, compared with other clubs Rovers were quite well run, especially comparing them to teams like Leeds and Portsmouth, John Williams ran a very tidy ship and the fans appreciated him, I know somebody who has worked at Ewood for ages and from what I've been told compared to pre Venkys it's an utter shambles, excuse the pun but there are lots of headless chickens running round without a clue what they are doing.
Old 13-05-2013, 17:41   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Ya Mac I worded my post on the post very badly they need coaching badges before going into management, but the best of coaches certainly don't make good managers Ray Harford was a good example, he was a great coach as Kenny's right hand man but when he took the reins he was a total flop
Old 13-05-2013, 18:49   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Mac I worded my post on the post very badly they need coaching badges before going into management, but the best of coaches certainly don't make good managers Ray Harford was a good example, he was a great coach as Kenny's right hand man but when he took the reins he was a total flop
It's the curse of Blackburn !!! , what I do know is Gary Bowyer is a top bloke and first class coach,hope he gets a chance to stabilise the club,which may take a few years.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..