Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2014, 21:12   #1
Senior Member+

Wimbledon final match thread

WIMBLEDON FINAL MATCH THREAD

Early posting for the final match of an amazing season!
* See t'other post for season tickets......but Early Bird purchase, (first 300), will get you an extra free ticket to get a friend or relative onto the Crown for FREE on Saturday!

Let's all have a great celebration on Saturday in order to show our appreciation for all that James Beattie and the staff and team have achieved this season........AGAINST ALL THE ODDS TOO!!!!

After ten matches the whole world had written Stanley off and consigned them to relegation. James showed his faith in both the team and in himself and turned the season round in emphatic style!!!
Considering the turmoil that Cooky and Liam left us in, to achieve this was simply amazing!!
GET AS MANY FOLK DOWN ON SATURDAY AND SING SHOUT AND CHEER THE BOYS ON TO A FINAL FLOURISH WITH 3 POINTS !!!

ON STANLEY ON!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2014, 23:13   #2
Full Member+

Re: Wimbledon final match thread

Lets hope there's a good turn out to show appreciation to the team and manager for making sure that Accrington will have a League club for next season and hopefully way beyond!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 23:14   #3
Full Member+

Lets hope there's a good turn out to show appreciation to the team and manager for making sure that Accrington will have a League club for next season and hopefully way beyond!
AccyMad likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 05:05   #4
God Member

A Bit harsh on Leam that one CB Leam saw the job out till the end of the season and as it stands at the moment exactly the same number of points as last season

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 09:19   #5
God Member

And don't forget folks, James & the boys will be in the clubhouse after the game on Saturday at around about 5.45 for the presentation of the OSC Player & Young Player of the season & the AccyWeb Player of the season awards - would be good if as many as possible can stay around for this
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 10:16   #6
Full Member+

We are still well below the 2000 gate number that Peter Marsden said we needed to keep going . Hope this seasons result helps us improve gate.
yonmon likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 15:12   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
A Bit harsh on Leam that one CB Leam saw the job out till the end of the season and as it stands at the moment exactly the same number of points as last season
I wasn't meaning to be harsh on Leam as he did quite well during his short tenure in charge. It is just that he left us part way during the building of a team and somewhat unexpectedly.
Anyway..........

100% together on Saturday, party time and three points to end the season!!!
ON STANLEY ON
Old 29-04-2014, 22:47   #8
bdc

The first 12 games of the season were a particularly testing time for fans, players and the manager. The performances were all pretty good it was just a bit of finishing that was lacking and a bit of luck. Since then our points per game has been around 1.5 points per game which is very good over a whole season. If gives us a platform to build upon for next season to hopefully move further up the table perhaps into the top half or maybe the play offs. The main thing we have to do though is keep as many players as possible and keep the manager. For the first time in a while we have a real togetherness between the players and the manager.

It would nice to sign off the season with a win and give the fans a positive send off. Hope we can find some way of signing Moly permanently too.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 08:02   #9
Senior Member+

As one of the few supporters who had grave doubts after 12 games on JB's credentials as a manager, and apologising for the error of my ways, can I just add my conratulations to the the whole of the club, from Chairperson down to the the youth team set up. You have given us all some exciting experiences. Who can forget the youth run in their version of the FA cup leading to Reading beating teams such as West Ham and Bristol City on the way. Who can forget the first win at Oxford last week and other important wins. I'm with bdc and others, try to keep as much of the infrastructure together for next season and who knows where we may be at this time next season, League One anybody?
Lets hope the team play their hearts out as they have done for the last 2 thirds of the season to get us to where we are now. Hammer the Wombles into submission. Let us all hope the shooting boots are on fire on Saturday and a big crowd to support them would be nice.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 09:20   #10
Senior Member+

Gutted I wont be there on Saturday, I never miss the last match of the season.

Lets hope a nice 3 points and a mid-table position come 5pm, something which I thought impossible in September.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:22   #11
Senior Member+

Reminding folks to get the interest going for Saturday's final match of the season.

Hope you all got your "Early Bird" season tickets ordered on time.
Let's have a great day on saturday.......AND 3 POINTS TOO!
ON STANLEY ON
Old 01-05-2014, 21:56   #12
Senior Member+

Poor Wimbledon are in for a right good hiding.......watching Accy training today was awesome..... 1000% effort by every single squad player..... You'd have thought it was pre season and everyone battling for a place in the team....not season end and nothing to play for but pride...Respect to all.......
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:07   #13
God Member

Not just pride to play for a sixth home win of the season would be nice

Maybe one or two players who could play themselves into JB's thoughts & plans for next season

Finishing as high as possible, beating last years points total and giving every one of the Home Fans something to take away for the Summer.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:12   #14
Senior Member+

Season ticket sales going well so we could get up to an extra 300 locals on with the free tickets issued to Early bird buyers. Should add to the atmosphere and help the team on to a victory against the Wombles!
ON STANLEY ON
Old 02-05-2014, 09:19   #15

Plus a very slight chance of a top half finish I believe?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..