Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2021, 16:32   #31
God Member

Re: Wimbledon match thread

I'm beginning to think our lads drank the bar dry before it was knocked down - it'd certainly explain a few things . . . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2021, 16:41   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well done Wimbledon a day to forget.
Ditto that had the second each way in the national at 100/1😁
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 16:43   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm beginning to think our lads drank the bar dry before it was knocked down - it'd certainly explain a few things . . . . . . .
Dear Auntie Di !.. Even Ted Hastings, Steve Arnott and Kate Fleming plus all their Team at AC12 would find it practically impossible to explain 'the few things ' I think you are alluding to !.
So I'll go along with your suspicions !.

Yours etc.
' Completely Baffled '.. Rishton.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 16:46   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont bother mate we are safe and will probably beat blackpool on tuesday.
Your probably right Cashy but it will be too little too late but so what it's been a good season points wise and league 1 next year with us watching hopefully because it very much hasn't been a good season for fans of any club.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:27   #35
God Member

Quote:
dont bother mate we are safe and will probably beat blackpool on tuesday.
and thats been the problem for a few moths now. you have no clue whoever is playing which stanley team is going to turn up one game to another. anyone with any sense would know wimbledon would have been up for this game seeing it as a possibly win against a team who are irratic at best and whose season is nearly over. stanley also have struggled even in good runs when they come up to physical outfits that get in their faces. a problem obviously other sides do not have as some of these sides are the lower ones in the league and they are not there by bad luck.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:37   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
and thats been the problem for a few moths now. you have no clue whoever is playing which stanley team is going to turn up one game to another. anyone with any sense would know wimbledon would have been up for this game seeing it as a possibly win against a team who are irratic at best and whose season is nearly over. stanley also have struggled even in good runs when they come up to physical outfits that get in their faces. a problem obviously other sides do not have as some of these sides are the lower ones in the league and they are not there by bad luck.
They played exactly the same system as us a diamond shape 4-1-2-1-2 but apart from Woodyard their captain good player their other 3 in midfield were 2 19 year old,s and a 23 year old loanee from Sunderland who dominated our diamond whole game.
Old 12-04-2021, 16:56   #37

I honestly think they've given up.........on the beach" we used to call it. Very disappointing, but I think they are looking foraward to next season. Some expecting to move away and so don't want any more injuries. And without a live crowd to either get on their backs or help urge them on. Must be difficult. I can see us losing the next 2 games and then it will be a real poor end to the season.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 18:04   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I honestly think they've given up.........on the beach" we used to call it. Very disappointing, but I think they are looking foraward to next season. Some expecting to move away and so don't want any more injuries. And without a live crowd to either get on their backs or help urge them on. Must be difficult. I can see us losing the next 2 games and then it will be a real poor end to the season.
disagree i think we never give up its more a matter of squads the big clubs have in comparison to ours.i cant honestly expect ours to compete over 46 games,im more than delighted what we have achieved this season.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 12-04-2021, 18:15   #39
God Member

Quote:
disagree i think we never give up its more a matter of squads the big clubs have in comparison to ours.i cant honestly expect ours to compete over 46 games,im more than delighted what we have achieved this season.
Your right Cashy about not giving up we have had a good season safe with plenty of games in hand but against Peterborough and Wimbledon we were simply outplayed and well beat it happens, we could respond tomorrow if we turn up as Blackpool are under a different pressure trying for top six, if we play like we can we can win simples.
Old 12-04-2021, 18:34   #40

Cashy, Andyd.......I really hope you are both right...and by the way I'm so pleased we have a points tally that makes us safe with 7 or 8 games to go. But we weren't playing a big club on Saturday....not a Sunderland or a Peterborough or a Charlton or Portsmouth or Ipswich. We were played off the park for most of the game. I just didn't see any of Stanleys desire or fight...that's all...I just don't get it. And McConville's delivery's from Corners and free kicks are such poor quality. We have some big lads but can't get a head on a ball...I wan't the team to prove me wrong and I really hope they do.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 20:08   #41
God Member

Quote:
Cashy, Andyd.......I really hope you are both right...and by the way I'm so pleased we have a points tally that makes us safe with 7 or 8 games to go. But we weren't playing a big club on Saturday....not a Sunderland or a Peterborough or a Charlton or Portsmouth or Ipswich. We were played off the park for most of the game. I just didn't see any of Stanleys desire or fight...that's all...I just don't get it. And McConville's delivery's from Corners and free kicks are such poor quality. We have some big lads but can't get a head on a ball...I wan't the team to prove me wrong and I really hope they do.
You're right, we weren't playing a 'big club - we were playing a team who are fighting for their league 1 survival & that's always dangerous. They out-fought & out- muscled us into submission & their tactics worked but from beating Oxford away last Monday, we haven't suddenly become a bad team & there's every likelihood we'll get something at Bloomfield Road tomorrow, Blackpool play good football & hopefully so will we
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 20:35   #42
Senior Member+

I think most players, and management, are just running on empty after exceeding expectations for two-thirds of the season.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-04-2021, 08:50   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I think most players, and management, are just running on empty after exceeding expectations for two-thirds of the season.
so many injuries and a disrupted side has not helped either. think at this time of the season its more about whats in players heads rather than their legs. players of all teams have played more or less the same amount of games now. no one mentioned stanley running on empty in late play off pushes or great escapes.
Old 13-04-2021, 09:12   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
they were not what i call a big club but they are a damn site bigger than us, they were in the premiership when we were non league. dont forget that.
Old 13-04-2021, 09:54   #45
God Member

Quote:
they were not what i call a big club but they are a damn site bigger than us, they were in the premiership when we were non league. dont forget that.
they are but their gates are no better than stanleys are this season.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..