Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2019, 19:25   #76
God Member

Re: Wimbledon today thread.

Conneelly getting dogged doesn't bother, few rated Procter until he left, and Joyce was never rated neither. Oh how we'd love a Prime Procter or Jubilant Joyce to return to our fold right now
Old 07-04-2019, 23:16   #77
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Simpson !..
The ire it contains probably motivated by knowing that a trip away means that Seat D51 will be vacant on Tuesday night and Mab will have to make twice as much noise to make up for this !.

KTF ! ON STANLEY ON !!.
I'd only get in trouble Yonmon
Old 07-04-2019, 23:28   #78
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

What's happened to Liam Nolan or is he out on a limb
Old 08-04-2019, 09:16   #79
God Member

Quite a few of us would like to know, Mab.
As far as I can glean he had 2 games on loan to Salford Moneybags FC but left them in January.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:03   #80
Full Member+

Pretty dull game to be fair, thought Wimbledon could have slightly shaded it given the few chances they had although could argue the same for us with our missed penalty.

Seemed harsh to book Smyth for a dive, looked a clear cut penalty
Clickers was maybe more deserved although only saw it in real time (not seen a reply) - only judging this by the way he fell.

Thought everyone had an okay-ish average game.
Seamus made a few vital tackles deep inside his own half and also cleared one off the line. considering a few people like to groan at his sideways passing, I personally thought he switched play very well.
Big Ben had a better game than normal which was pleasing. A few good tackles and passes, also seemed better in the air than of late.
Janoi was just a bit slow releasing Clicker, especially in the final third. Could have sent him 1 on 1 with their keeper a few times but delayed his pass too long.

Pleased Clicker got his goal. I'm not his biggest fan but thought he played well and took his goal really well, good instinct and composure to slot it in.

Surprised that Callum was again rested, I would have played him instead of Janoi. Normally I would have argued that I would of played him instead of Big Ben and switched Janoi to LB but as I mentioned, was pleasantly happy by Ben's performance.

No complaints with Seamus and Scotty in the middle.
Harsh on Sam in the sense that I didn't think he contributed much but then he is not naturally a 2nd striker.
Baffled why we don't drop Sam deeper and player Barlaser further forward.

Dimi looked a bit shakey with a few crosses and his distribution was diabolical.
Still see him unquestionably as our 1st choice keeper however.

Roll on tomorrow night, let's be loud and proud.

For me, same 11 apart from Callum for Janoi.
4-2-1-3 and just let Clicker, Sean and Paul Smyth roam freely in front of Billy dropping deeper to hold the ball up and pinging through balls to them all game. Lovely jubbly.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:29   #81
God Member

I’m a big fan of Clark but, from what I saw, I wasn’t surprised the ref didn’t give him a penalty in second half.
As I recall it, in a very congested six yard box Clark pushed the ball past the Womble defender (when a snap shot may have been as good an option) who stuck out his hip and Clark fell over it, a little too obviously. Probably would have been given in the PL, but not with that ref.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 20:45   #82
Senior Member+

"He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous"

I'm assuming that having been asked to explain including by PM you can't back that statement up or explain it.
Enough said Simpson.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:52   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Yonmon, given that I’m supposedly on the end of 28’s sniping, at no point do I feel sniped. Equally read my post and on several occasions I reinforce the accuracy of a lot of his posts and encourage him to continue. I doubt he would consider same, indeed sniping would appear to be in the eyes of the beholder and we are both direct but fair in my opinion.

My challenge was merely my perception of fairness and I believe both of us agreed to disagree and move on respectfully with playful and respectful parting digs which is what forums should be.

In my agreeing to move on
I was going to remind us of Grimsby away last season when Seamus came out of the side having genuinely battled with a groin. We went on a run of 10 games taking 25 points from 30 with nolan returning as a holder and a new loanee called Dunne moving us from a rapidly sinking 11th back to 2nd in the table (which included Seamus, nolan and Dunne v Coventry away and Swindon at home)

Seamus and Scotty then pushed us even higher to the title. My point being some loanees pushed us on to greatness.

If I had a choice, I’d agree with 28 and certainly not have 5, 6 or is 7 as we do. However there’s rent to be collected !
Simpson !..

The mention of ' sniping ' was not intended to relate to any posts on this particular thread,but rather to some entered on previous threads which resulted in our Moderator bringing them to a close !.
No criticism of anyone in particular was intended in my post, which I hoped would be seen and accepted as a general comment on the status quo of certain aspects of our Forum.
But I would be the first to admit that on this occasion, and, I might add on several occasions over the years, I have allowed my verbosity to take flight with alarming outcome amongst my friends who share my regard for this Forum...and this has often stimulated some interesting replies which kept the banter going !.
Hey !.. here I go again !!... ( Alfred.E. is telling me that enough is enough ! ).

Keep up the good work, and keep the faith.

ON STANLEY !...ON !!.
MikeA likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:58   #84
God Member

Keep on verbositating my good friend

If you have any problems with it - verbositating that is - I can recommend some people who can help

yonmon likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 13:13   #85
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I’m a big fan of Clark but, from what I saw, I wasn’t surprised the ref didn’t give him a penalty in second half.
As I recall it, in a very congested six yard box Clark pushed the ball past the Womble defender (when a snap shot may have been as good an option) who stuck out his hip and Clark fell over it, a little too obviously. Probably would have been given in the PL, but not with that ref.
Agree with this, although ironically, it was extremely similar to Burtons 2nd penalty that was given.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..