Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2016, 17:00   #16

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

- - - - besides, if UK pull out of Europe & Scotland exit the UK, Matty & Josh will be paid in groats and their mickle might not mek a muckle. Are you following lads ? - best stay where your mates are.
baldy likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2016, 18:40   #17
God Member

Surely If Josh and Matt have been talking to Rangers the club would have some idea what is what and Coleman and company will be talking to their targets it,s the way I,d have thought it worked will be an interesting few days.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 18:43   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Surely If Josh and Matt have been talking to Rangers the club would have some idea what is what and Coleman and company will be talking to their targets it,s the way I,d have thought it worked will be an interesting few days.
Dunno how its working, but if the club only had n e-mail then anythings possible imho.
Old 05-01-2016, 19:14   #19
Full Member+

STV believe terms with Windass agreed

Accrington midfielder Josh Windass agrees personal terms with Rangers | Rangers | Sport
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 19:14   #20
God Member

According to a report by STV Windlass agrees terms with Rangers and both Josh and Matt are set to join Rangers in the Summer.
Old 05-01-2016, 19:15   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Beat me to it.
Old 05-01-2016, 19:19   #22
God Member

Let the bidding war commence then.

I would imagine both players would be hellbent on going so I hope we offer a massive new contract in the hope it helps to bump up the compo :-)
cashman likes this.
Old 05-01-2016, 19:23   #23
Full Member+

Compensation payment details aren't clear though its not going to be anywhere near the 'true value' or Coley's million quid. Andy Holt is 'sickened' by the whole thing and I can see why
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 19:25   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Let the bidding war commence then.

I would imagine both players would be hellbent on going so I hope we offer a massive new contract in the hope it helps to bump up the compo :-)
That makes good sense to me?
Old 05-01-2016, 19:33   #25
God Member

If it's true and both players sign precontract deals with Rangers and don't leave until the summer what are their mindsets like and do you play them bad scenario especially if your after promotion.
Old 05-01-2016, 19:36   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
According to a report by STV Windlass agrees terms with Rangers and both Josh and Matt are set to join Rangers in the Summer.
Don't believe everything you read in the Scottish media about Rangers or Celtic for that matter. Most of it is guesswork and rubbish.

That doesn't mean it won't happen though.
AccyMad likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 19:51   #27
Senior Member+

Was obvious they was going elsewhere at the end of the season, I just hope they put 100% for every Stanley game they play and not duck out of tackles in fear of getting injured before they leave!
Old 05-01-2016, 22:03   #28
Senior Member+

Have they got the money to pay us?
mab likes this.
Old 05-01-2016, 22:09   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
Have they got the money to pay us?
It's usually Accy that's getting asked that
yonmon likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 22:21   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
There is very little chance of getting big money for them as any club can get them for next to nothing at the end of the season as there contract is up.

I would also doubt that development money would be a great deal either as they haven't been here that long and were probably not on big wages. I don't think there is a lot to be had in cross border transfers anyway as it more or less only applies for transfers within the same association once the contract expires.

I had a look at the "training compensation" and you are correct it is derisory in these circumstances.

As Carpon says, we need someone else to step in from England or Wales, or lose them for the price of a night out in the Broadway.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..