Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2016, 22:33   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It's usually Accy that's getting asked that
It is nice to turn the tables once in a while
Old 05-01-2016, 23:47   #32
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Nothing Tweeted by Josh or matt sofar on twitter,. Offer them £3k a week on a 2yr contract and see if Rangers can match it. Don't Rangers have a pay cap because of the past financial history ?
Old 06-01-2016, 00:21   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Nothing Tweeted by Josh or matt sofar on twitter,. Offer them £3k a week on a 2yr contract and see if Rangers can match it. Don't Rangers have a pay cap because of the past financial history ?
Hi, I'm a Rangers fan who's just popped on to see what the general consensus is on the two players.

Wage wise, £3k would still be a low to moderate wage for our current squad, we still have some guys on circa £8k a week, some of which have been reported to go up depending on appearance/win bonuses. Quite a few of the players on these wages will be leaving in the summer, so we're potentially looking at having at least £20-25k a week freed up.

Lee McCulloch was supposedly still on his pre-administration contract which was being reported as £17k a week, so there's money there. We've brought in more than £13M in season ticket sales this year, so I imagine there's a bit of money there to be spent on wages, particularly if there won't be much in the way of fees.

Can understand the frustration of fellow football fans when you lose good players for nothing, so hopefully no hard feelings!
Mezzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:25   #34
God Member

No hard feelings towards fans of other clubs, especially those like the 'Gers which have been the victims of 'honest' owners. Can't blame either player trying to better their pay, but I am surprised they appear to be doing it now, rather than at the end of the season.
However, my only concern is how, if one or both lads have signed a deal that takes effect in the summer, this may affect their performance for Stanley over the rest of this season. Being professionals I'm sure they will not be affected, and I'm also sure that the management will ensure that only +100% effort will secure a starting place. Whilst they have been great thus far, there are other players itching to get their chance to show what they can do.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:45   #35

Hopefully for your sake they'll continue to put a shift in. I expect Warburton to build a more competitive squad next season and we already have a lot of attacking players in the squad, so it would be in Windass' best interest to play his very best in preparation for next season.

As it stands, Crooks would walk into our team, as we literally don't have a defensive midfield player, but he seems to be a good pro so I'd hope they continue to give their all for Accrington. Quite honestly, if they didn't, then I'd be dissapointed.
Mezzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:25   #36

Good Morning All

Having just spoke to Andy Holt he wanted just to inform all our supporters that the Rangers deal for Josh and Matt is along way off a conclusion
The Media speculation driven by the respected agents is being blown out of all proportion
Our Majority Shareholder is fighting the Clubs corner on this matter and will not be dictated to by Rangers
I think its still along way to run . By Rangers stating its a done deal is just a smokescreen to put other clubs off the scent, Rangers are out of order.
Josh and Matt remain very committed to the Stanley but nobody can blame them to furthering their careers.
Josh has been carrying an injury for a while now so maybe being subbed quite a few times will reflect that

Lets stay behind our team whatever the outcome , we have a huge 5 months coming up
Maybe we can all have a beer at Wembley Bank Holiday Monday!

Thanks Nick
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:27   #37
God Member

I won't be having a beer at Wembley cos sod the play offs - we're going straight up! ��
Outback Ozzy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:35   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
Good Morning All

Having just spoke to Andy Holt he wanted just to inform all our supporters that the Rangers deal for Josh and Matt is along way off a conclusion
The Media speculation driven by the respected agents is being blown out of all proportion
Our Majority Shareholder is fighting the Clubs corner on this matter and will not be dictated to by Rangers
I think its still along way to run . By Rangers stating its a done deal is just a smokescreen to put other clubs off the scent, Rangers are out of order.
Josh and Matt remain very committed to the Stanley but nobody can blame them to furthering their careers.
Josh has been carrying an injury for a while now so maybe being subbed quite a few times will reflect that

Lets stay behind our team whatever the outcome , we have a huge 5 months coming up
Maybe we can all have a beer at Wembley Bank Holiday Monday!

Thanks Nick
Thanks for the information Nick nice for everyone to be kept in the picture.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:26   #39
God Member

Just read Rangers preparing £400,000 offer for both players as opposed to around £60,000 compensation if true the ball would then be in Accy,s court, if accepted they would leave right away.
Old 06-01-2016, 14:30   #40
God Member

IF it's true it's not nearly enough - they're just trying to rush us by comparing what we might get in compensation - I'd say the ball, for once, is well & truly in Stanley's court
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 15:47   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Just read
Just read - where? Nick has told us that there is a lot of media speculation and hype.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 15:55   #42

Sky Sports reporting a pre-contract for the pair to go to Rangers in the summer.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 16:07   #43
Senior Member+

Undergone a medical according to the BBC, but not moving until the Summer.
Old 06-01-2016, 16:08   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Just read - where? Nick has told us that there is a lot of media speculation and hype.
It's just been on BBC they have both had medicals this afternoon at Rangers.
Old 06-01-2016, 16:10   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Wish em well if they go in summer, but feel they may have done a bit better if they had held on.

Last edited by cashman; 06-01-2016 at 16:13.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..