Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2016, 10:15   #76

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

Both players were offered lengthy and improved new contacts earlier in the season which they would not sign despite many reminders!
BUT you cannot blame the lads they have a right to improve their careers its the rules that have stuffed this up
We now need to turn this negative into a positive because the fans of this club can now play an important part.
We need to get behind the two lads to play out of their skin to help us to promotion
Lets get behind the new owner, John and Jimmy and the rest of the players

Thanks Nick
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2016, 10:23   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
Both players were offered lengthy and improved new contacts earlier in the season which they would not sign despite many reminders!
BUT you cannot blame the lads they have a right to improve their careers its the rules that have stuffed this up
We now need to turn this negative into a positive because the fans of this club can now play an important part.
We need to get behind the two lads to play out of their skin to help us to promotion
Lets get behind the new owner, John and Jimmy and the rest of the players

Thanks Nick
No you can't blame anyone in whatever profession for wanting the best for themselves and their families it's the going behind the clubs back when it's all over social media that they where up their that people don't like I think they will get a mixed reception if and when they play for us again.
AccyMad, cashman, Greeny and 1 others like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:52   #78
Full Member+

So have both players gone or not? There's that many different stories floating about who knows what's what? There's been no mention on the Stanley official site as far as i can see. If they've gone to Rangers will they still be playing for us till the end of the season or not? Have we got anything for them or have we been robbed again?
The last time Stanley got a decent fee for any of our players was nearly ten years ago when we got about 400 grand for Gary Roberts and Ian Craney!

I'm also hearing that there'll be a pre-season friendly between Stanley and Rangers as part of the deal. If so i don't think the plod will be happy,just like when we were supposed to play Celtic the other year for Coley's testimonial.
Thousands of Rangers fans around Accy on a Tuesday night...i Can't see it happening!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:58   #79
Senior Member+

People saying the club should have offered 3/4 year deals!

People seem to forget that 6 months ago we was 1.2mill in debt, It would have been suicidal to offer that kind of deal to any player!

Nothing less than 100% expected from em both until the end of the season, I'm sure John and Jimmy will let them know this!!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:05   #80
Senior Member+

looks like Rangers have screwed us
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:13   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing thats occurred to me, whilst we have no doubt lost 2 good players for virtually sod all., we also seem to have some good brains as leading shareholder now? my thought is can a clause be installed in future contracts stopping this kinda rip-off? its worth checking out very carefully i reckon.
choirboy likes this.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:32   #82
God Member

Who'd be a manager?
Thanks and goodbye Messrs Crooks and Windass.
Step up Messrs McCartan, Buxton, Wakefield, Barry, Bruna, Proctor, Winnard, et al.
Good luck Professor Coleman.
Revived Red, yonmon and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:42   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
No you can't blame anyone in whatever profession for wanting the best for themselves and their families it's the going behind the clubs back when it's all over social media that they where up their that people don't like I think they will get a mixed reception if and when they play for us again.
Agree with most of that Andy & you may be right about the mixed reception - I hope however that while they're still playing in a Stanley shirt & as long as they give 110% effort I'd hope our fans will get behind them as we usually would
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:49   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be perfectly honest i thought joss only gave us about 25 mins at Mansfield.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:03   #85
Senior Member+

face it Rangers have us over a barrel, the only thing that's left for our board is to negotiate the best deal for a January transfer
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:25   #86
God Member

Coley has summed it up pretty well in his statement on the fishy site, I don't say this very often but on this occasion have to tip my hat to him - well said John
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:56   #87

I think his fat-headed dad is deluded

Dean Windass: My boy Josh can be the new Gazza after signing for Rangers - Daily Record
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 13:32   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Coley has summed it up pretty well in his statement on the fishy site, I don't say this very often but on this occasion have to tip my hat to him - well said John
I very much agree with you.

And let's see how Windass fares against some of those uncompromising Scottish defenders. I am sure that McCartan and maybe Bruna will be able to take his place at the Wham.

Crooks may be harder to replace and no doubt Coley will have his plans, possibly with a loan player in mind. I wonder if Wakefield could take on the Crooks role?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 13:48   #89

I rate Crooks quite highly and he is a big loss. I think Josh has to thank himself that he is the penalty taker as I think it is his goal haul that has caught the eye.

Signing either on for four years is a massive gamble no wonder they are constantly in a mess.

Sign Billy Kee up another year!
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.

Last edited by widnes viking; 07-01-2016 at 13:54.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 13:51   #90

Look at the comments under the story - jeepers this place is kindergarten in comparison!

Dean Windass: My boy Josh can be the new Gazza after signing for Rangers - Daily Record
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..