Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2016, 15:05   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Woking

Would love Halifax if they win the replay.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-12-2016, 15:36   #92
Senior Member+

Great result. Hopefully this can be a springboard for the League .

Obviously Man U away is the financial dream, however I would love a home tie.
Chrisr likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 15:38   #93
Senior Member+

Just got on Coach for home. A bit cold but we are all very happy with a professional performance by our team. Woking threatened a bit early on and were a little on the physical side which resulted in the sending off. Having coped with their early efforts we quickly took total control of the game. It was great to see Billy getting on the score sheet and he deserved the rewards for his skills and effort. Johnno had a great match as did Jordan too. Seamus controlled midfield superbly and Hughes was majestic in defence. Beckles took on the task of marking their big free scoring centre forward and he too did his job really well. The big lad was getting frustrated near the end and he cold have easily been carded too late on.
A good win earning some good prize money and TV cash too. Now we need a BIG EARNING draw in the third round.
ON STANLEY ON.
Woking is A STANLEY WONDERLAND.

Last edited by choirboy; 04-12-2016 at 15:46.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 16:36   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
if we had crooks still in midfield, we would be a good team

coleman surely has to get rid of some of the current central midfield options we have who are not good enough and find someone who can win a ball and dictate play.
Maybe you need to put him right Choirboy.
Conneely ran the show today.
AccyMad, Revived Red and choirboy like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 17:30   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would love Halifax if they win the replay.
No thanks - was a tough game there in pre-season, would like them to beat moneybags Eastleigh though
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 17:30   #96
God Member

Tis a funny old game. Thought Woking were much the more threatening and organised team for the first quarter of the game, and should have scored after a couple of minutes. Then Stanley scored, somewhat out of the blue (and yellow), their player rightly got sent off, and the entire match changed.
Stanley got a good second goal and went in for their half time orange on top. Second half and Stanley were in total control and fully exploited having the extra player by keeping possession for long spells. Third goal was a peach of a cross and even better header.
Then, for some reason, Lacey was subbed, even though I thought he was beginning to show some good touches in midfield, Woking woke up a bit and got over the injustice of being 0-3 and one man down, and got back into the game. But Stanley's central defence held firm and Boco should have made it 0-4 late on.
Good, professional performance against a team that might have expected to cause an upset. Well done to the lads, and thanks to Woking for a pleasant day out.
cashman, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 18:30   #97
Senior Member+

Think it might have been a bit of protection getting Lacey off having been booked mate.
Old 04-12-2016, 19:28   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Conneely ran the show today.
Agree, it was good to see the captain back to his influential best, popping up everywhere in midfield to take the ball and move it on. Unfortunately, I thought Brown was a bit less effective today. Lots of effort and running but quite a few misplaced balls.
Great also to have real threats down BOTH wings with both Clark and O'Sullivan doing the business, culminating in that sweet third goal.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 20:38   #99
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

NewsNow: Loading story... 2mins an 40s long great win for the reds
Old 04-12-2016, 21:08   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

For those who said it should only have been a yellow, theres a good close up on mabs link, I have a spare pair of gigs if yeh need em.
Wynonie Harris and mab like this.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:49   #101
God Member

Showed the red card incident close up on last night's highlights show, their player had also done a similar tackle a bit earlier on Sean so had to go
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:13   #102
Senior Member+

Direct link: FA Cup: Woking 0-3 Accrington Stanley highlights - BBC Sport

Was there a case for a penalty on 1:40 when Billy was held back by a defender when making a shot?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:22   #103

First chance I've had to see Stanley this season and was worried for the first 15 minutes. Then thought we began to play like we did last season until the third goal went in at which point we seemed to take our foot off the gas and let them back into it. Impressed with Jordan Clark but felt he got awful service in the first half and we needed to get the ball to him earlier when the service improved in the second. Didn't have a good view of the red card but not a lot of reaction from the Woking players although the crowd seemed a bit upset by it. Well done Stanley. A good afternoon out.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:46   #104
Senior Member+

For me it was a game of three halves. We started off very nervously, should have been one, and could have been two, down early on. Steadied down by the first scrambled goal and the sending off, then played much better leading to the second goal just before half-time and a period of total domination at the start of the second half (I thought I heard the Woking fans doing the “Ole!” thing during one of our passing sequences). Even during this good period, however, we didn’t seem able to find the final pass, or shoot anything like straight when we got an opening. But the third goal was lovely to watch. After that we should have gone on and scored six, but didn’t (see previous sentence), and for the final fifteen minutes or so we were, in my opinion, frankly dreadful – luckily Woking were unsurprisingly tired so weren’t much better, but kept going and probably deserved a goal. If they had got one with say 5 to go, I reckon it would have been panic stations. As it was, for the first time in my second Stanley-watching career I wasn’t bricking it watching us trying to defend a lead in injury time. But then it was the first time I’ve seen us with a two goal lead, never mind three!

We’ll play better and lose, but it’s the result that counts. Can’t wait for the draw this evening. On Stanley On!!
Old 05-12-2016, 15:05   #105
Senior Member+

Glad someone else is spotting what is obvious. Get the ball quicker and more accurately to the flanks and the service to the one / two up front whoever they be will improve no end.
Clark and O'Sullivan are a real threat to any side in this division if used properly and fully.
Revived Red likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..