Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2016, 15:08   #106
God Member

Re: Woking

After the euphoria of yesterday, I woke up with that strange sensation whereby you don't know if you've actually seen something happen, or simply dreamt it. Anyway, I woke up with the clear vision in my head of Mr. McMarmite actually kicking the ball with his left foot!
Surely, it was a dream. C'mon, I mean, his LEFT foot. The one he uses to stand on.
But, no, it was true. Towards the end of the game he sent a cross, admittedly rather tamely into their keeper's arms, with his left foot.
And for all you non-believers, it's there on the Fishy site; the final photo!
I'm framing it behind glass and throwing sugar at it every day.
Well done, our Sean. We knew you could do it after all.
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2016, 16:35   #107
Senior Member+

Re: Woking

'Twas definitely a Red Card! The lads foot was 18 inches off the ground, with his studs up, as he over stretched for a ball that he had lost control of. Seamus was lucky not to have picked a up bad injury.

Billy did well and indeed should have earned us a penalty. As usual he was wrestled continually by the opposing defenders and I can recall one particularly obvious occasion when Billy, having again been wrestled from behind, just stood with his arms wide open looking at the Referee for some empathy!

I too thought that the pitch had been reduced in width and it needed rolling too as the recent dry weather had left lots of bits of kicked up turf and soil on the surface. I reckon that they had left it like that knowing that it might disrupt our 'passing game'.

The Woking stewards made us very welcome and were very helpful too.
Overall it was good day out, (although quite a long day out!) with a good result!

Bring on Luton!
ON STANLEY ON
MikeA, cashman and yonmon like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..