Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2016, 18:51   #16
God Member

Re: Womble advise

Thanks for the heads- up, Driz, just what's needed.
I presume the Athletics' wallahs, reasonably, booked their do ages ago to coincide with the end of the football season.
It's too late to change our travel plans now but I just hope it doesn't end in chaos. If it does, it can only be down to the organising cretins at the League who, by choosing the same date and location as Surrey Athletics have, yet again, made in abundantly clear that the needs of Sky comes before those of fans.
mab likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2016, 20:25   #17
Senior Member+

Hardly the league's,fault, they can't predict who will come 7th
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 20:44   #18
God Member

Think Exile was meaning that the League could've chosen an alternative date for the fixture but have their hands tied due to the game being on Sky?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 08:08   #19
God Member

Exackerly!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 23:07   #20
Junior Member+

It was a 50/50 game changed by the introduction of the beast and our youth prodigy Tom Beere, we loaned him to Hampton and Richmond and he helped them back to the conference. If our defence holds up on Wednesday who knows, I won't tempt the gods anymore.
See you in the Crown on Wednesday Cmon you dons.
Drizabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 10:34   #21
God Member

The atmosphere before the game & the friendliness of your fans was brilliant - didn't spot the hog roast that was apparently available but no matter a drink in the sunshine in the party atmosphere more than made up for it. Stewards outside were friendly - one lady even had a go on our drum
Then into the game - hmmmmm? I know we'd been warned about the terrace but really wasn't expecting it to be so bad, herded into a tiny corner like sheep & even those at the front had very limited views of the game, it was so frustrating not to be able to follow the match properly - if I go again think I'd pay the extra for a seat, at least then I'd be able to see what was happening.
I believe we've allocated the usual away space on the Coppice terrace to Wimbledon on Wednesday, it would have been nice to have the same courtesy at Kingsmeadow - it might be open to the elements but at least they'll be able to watch the game properly.
Greeny, choirboy and chevyfire like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 11:46   #22
Full Member+

I second the above . I too did not see much of the game , in fact I could only see the penalty area directly in front of me. I asked a steward if I could watch over the wall , he pointed out it was for " small kids" I pointed out they were taller than me , it made no difference. When asked if we could pay the extra for the seats again was told no .The first half was dominated with Stanley , it had to be I hardly saw any of the game. I looked forward to the second half then I would be able to see more......wrong Wimbledon dominated this half , again, I couldn't see. I know we were for warned but blimey I felt like I was in a pen. Shame we wont be doing the same to them , but then we are a friendly club.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 08:17   #23

To be fair most of our own fans along the side terrace experience the same viewing problems.
Wombletom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 11:11   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombletom View Post
To be fair most of our own fans along the side terrace experience the same viewing problems.
Not quite the same ,at least you had the full two covered terraces .We had about 30 yards of open are shallow terrace which made viewing or even following the game impossible.When there were probably over three hundred fans squashed into an area which probably should only accommodate 150 ..We would never visit your ground ever again it was disgusting where we were herded,.
Greeny likes this.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 11:44   #25
Junior Member+

Sorry again for the sightlines, unfortunatly we are stuck with Km until New Plough Lane is built, any improvement to the terrace requires planning approval.
As for the squeezing we tried to maximise the oppurtunity for fans to see the match which meant everybody suffered. Km is not a pleasant place for anybody when full, which is why I now don't go to home games.
Drizabone is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..