Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2018, 17:59   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Wombles

Why i say i cant fathom 2 strikers, most of last season we played Billy @ Kayden and won the sodding league, this season until today we played 1 yet today we won our first home game???
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-09-2018, 18:44   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Clark MOTM???? Quietest game he’s ever had for us.
Did they mean Anderton?
He tore them to shreds first half. Get to spec savers.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 18:58   #18

The whole team tore them to shreds for the first 30 mins, Twenty Eight. The Clark/Johnson combo was very effective. Second half he was never brought into the game at all...not his fault.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 19:49   #19
Full Member+

For the size of him Zanzala seems to be nudged off the ball very easily and goes to ground easily. Is there any training for him to build his body strength happening?
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 19:54   #20
God Member

Quote:
Clark MOTM???? Quietest game he’s ever had for us.
Did they mean Anderton?
Jordan played a blinder! What were you watching?? Agree Nick Anderson had a Stormer too
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 20:00   #21
God Member

We battered the Wombles in the first half, second half they'd obviously had a rocket & came out a different team - dirty tactics as always which ref never got a grip on but on the whole we fully deserved the 3 points although we should never have been hanging on towards the end, thank goodness for the Herculean clearance from Mr. Reliable, Mark Hughes.
First home win under our belt, onwards & upwards Stanley
sherry likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 20:20   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
The whole team tore them to shreds for the first 30 mins, Twenty Eight. The Clark/Johnson combo was very effective. Second half he was never brought into the game at all...not his fault.
Make your mind up !
You said earlier quietest game he’d ever had !!!!
Some people .......
Old 22-09-2018, 20:26   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
For the size of him Zanzala seems to be nudged off the ball very easily and goes to ground easily.
There were 2 or 3 long balls today intended for Zanzala to run onto when one-on-one with their last defender.
On every occasion he either lost control or got muscled off the ball.
These were the type of balls that Kayden Jackson thrived on last season.
Despite being as thin as a rake, Kayden always managed to control the ball & skin much bigger defenders.
Sadly, I can't see OZ turning into The Wizard
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 20:47   #24

Gutted to have missed this today, but had to work
How did Barlaser do?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 22:20   #25

Come on Twenty Eight, it’s not mutually exclusive that in the first 30 mins Clark/Johnson were effective but that overall Clark had a very quiet game.

(Let me know if you need any further guidance on mutual exclusivity, or good manners.)
Old 22-09-2018, 22:24   #26

Tom D - Barlaser did ok, but no surprise when subbed.

He’s pretty good with 40 yard passes out to the wings.
Old 22-09-2018, 22:34   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Come on Twenty Eight, it’s not mutually exclusive that in the first 30 mins Clark/Johnson were effective but that overall Clark had a very quiet game.

(Let me know if you need any further guidance on mutual exclusivity, or good manners.)
Have a look at the extended highlights because you must have missed a lot. You said he had his quietest game EVER !! Accymad .... have a word because you are much respected on here.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 22-09-2018 at 22:37.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:16   #28

With pleasure, Twenty Eight, if you can point me in the direction of extended highlights.

Are you sure he even touched the ball more than once in the second half? I remember he ran it into the corner during injury time (and tripped over his shoelaces and gave a goal kick).
Old 23-09-2018, 07:51   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why i say i cant fathom 2 strikers, most of last season we played Billy @ Kayden and won the sodding league, this season until today we played 1 yet today we won our first home game???
funny as well it made the game much more exciting as well. the first half went by without me looking at the clock. it will certainly get those occasional fans to come back for more unlike some other games.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 08:29   #30
God Member

That is one of the best first half displays by an Accrington side I have witnessed differences for me were 2 upfront and though a few on here think Zanzala isn,t any good he caused there defence endless problems with is willingness to run at the defence agree he needs a bit more strength and stay on his feet more but he is a raw talent that will get better good use of the squad today by the management all team were for me 7 to 9,s, some really good players can,t even make the bench stay around the play off places and the floating fans will be back.
AccyMad, cashman and ferret man like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..