Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 16:54   #121
Member.

Re: world wide web shirt sponsors again?

Rob, I can understand how you feel. You have done your utmost for us and the club and often it's been a thankless task due to the clubs lack of response to the initiative and support shown by you and the World Wide Reds in general.

I've look at the list of sponsors and I'm encouraged and tempted to do one through the Business; but I'm still dismayed by the lack of response by all those running the club to the current who's in and who's out situation. We could do with seeing some firm leadership coming to the fore to encouraged people to part with their brass; after all for a lot of the ground up supporters and businesses; money is not a plentiful resource.

I know accyweb maybe seen as a small thorn in the clubs side at times; but will someone at the top take the initiative and show an interest when we are trying to throw money at them.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2010, 17:00   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Rob, I can understand how you feel. You have done your utmost for us and the club and often it's been a thankless task due to the clubs lack of response to the initiative and support shown by you and the World Wide Reds in general.

I've look at the list of sponsors and I'm encouraged and tempted to do one through the Business; but I'm still dismayed by the lack of response by all those running the club to the current who's in and who's out situation. We could do with seeing some firm leadership coming to the fore to encouraged people to part with their brass; after all for a lot of the ground up supporters and businesses; money is not a plentiful resource.

I know accyweb maybe seen as a small thorn in the clubs side at times; but will someone at the top take the initiative and show an interest when we are trying to throw money at them.

Blimey the world will end tonight, I agree with you Doug
Old 06-09-2010, 17:11   #123
God Member

to be honest with you it's not the club really that bother me in not doing again this year. If that was the only chasing around needed then I'd possibly put up with it. But you are constantly chasing people up for money or trying to get another 3 or 4 people to join in in order to get to shirt no 3, and then the club chasing you for money (that you've already paid) and trying to get hold of the shirts in time for presentation night and then ....

if anyone else wants to run with it then I'll gladly chuck in my tenner but I haven't the time or energy this year to get involved in anything at all other than remembering to wake up every morning!
Old 06-09-2010, 17:12   #124
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Blimey the world will end tonight, I agree with you Doug

I know. Your Red and we both agree....fantastic.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 06-09-2010, 17:14   #125
Member.

[quote=maccawozzagod;843220]I'll gladly chuck in my tenner./quote]

Me too....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 06-09-2010, 17:17   #126
God Member

We have the facility to accept paypal payments so I guess it would be easy for us to be the goafers.

The problem is how do we get assurance the shirts will turn up at the end of the actual season ? The same question applies to us getting one as a business too
Old 06-09-2010, 18:41   #127
Senior Member+

Maybe someone at the club might seize the initiative....
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 18:41   #128
God Member

It's a real shame and I understand perhaps people's reluctance to part with their cash if it becomes a chase around to get the shirts come the end of the season.

It is one of the best ways for Supporter's & business's to show their support for the Club and players at an affordable price whilst also getting something back in terms of showing their support for the Club.

It was discussed at last month's OSC meeting with a suggestion we sponsor a shirt and then have a draw for the said shirt at the End of Season Presentation Night with all members being in the draw but the concencus was what has already been posted.

Maybe if somebody takes ownership of the problem at the Club it will bring people back on stream.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 18:45   #129
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Maybe if somebody takes ownership of the problem at the Club it will bring people back on stream.
I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 19:13   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Did it turn up ?

I've just spoken to my daughters friends Mum and she still hasn't received the one she sponsored. I'll not tell you her reaction when I said they were pushing this seasons sponsored shirts on the website.

At least our money can stay in the bank for now
Is that Gary King LD???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 19:15   #131
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Is that Gary King LD???
Have I mentioned it before ?
Old 06-09-2010, 19:40   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishysite View Post
A number of players are still available and you could be receiving the home or away shirt of your favourite at the end of the season.
...and anyway, it doesn't actually say that you will receive the shirt, so we should be grateful that we got 3 out of 4!

Old 06-09-2010, 21:49   #133
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Don't go mentioning the "O" word at Stanley...it only makes 'em nervous.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:51   #134
Junior Member+

Good Morning All,

As you have probably noticed, i have taken over all responsibilty of shirt sponsorships. I can assure you that i will not allow anyone to pay for something and not recieve what they have paid for in return. I only arrived here in May and i have tried my upmost best to get shirts out to fans and businesses from last year even though i had no dealings with it then.

Player sponsorships from now on will go directly through to me. Any problems (there will be none) or questions i will deal with them as politely and efficiently as i possibly can to ensure you recieve the customer satisfaction you deserve! You can email me at [email protected] or telephone me on 01254 356957.

This is how it now works: Once payment is recieved (£100.00 Donation), Your name/company name will appear on the official website and also in the match day programme. You will recieve a player sponsorship certificate within 5 working days of the recieved payment. At the end of the season the players signed shirt (home or away) will be available for collection or will be dispatched to your chosen address. All details are recorded on a database to ensure i have all contact information needed to keep you in the know. The shirt will come with a certificate of authenticity. After that you will get the say so to whether you would like to renew your sponsorship for that player before the season starts. If no confirmation comes back i will then re-open them to the general public.

I hope this all makes sense and will clarify the way i like to work!

Kindest Regards,

Danielle Fox
Commercial Executive
Danielle Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:51   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good post Danielle, clarifies things, do me a favour please, teach those knobheads above you, to do the same.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..