Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2007, 16:39   #1

Wrexham 1 Shrewsbury 3.

Did our best for you today. In all honesty, we were far from good. We play Wrexham at home again, a week on Tuesday. There is no love between our Club's, so there is no chance of us doing them a favour. Their Centre Half, Evans, was sent off for violent conduct, so that's three games out for him. They have some tough games to play, including, MK Dons, Bristol Rov, Macc, Notts, Lincoln And Walsall. Their last game of the season is away at Boston, which might be interesting!
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2007, 17:30   #2
God Member

Re: Wrexham 1 Shrewsbury 3.

thanks very much Shrews. Wrexham are really struggling now, just a shame we can't seem to find the three points to pull away from all these other monkeys
Old 25-02-2007, 17:54   #3
Senior Member+

More than hopeful that the Rochdale and Bristol Rovers games will see Stanley move up a bit, would be nice to overtake Bury, who seem to be in freefall.

Don't want to rely on other teams performing badly, but the last 5 games have seen Bury, Boston, Wrexham and Torquay pick up 4 points between them, one each, how bad is that?

Boston and Torquay would be the dream ticket, mileage wise.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 11:50   #4

Smile Re: Wrexham 1 Shrewsbury 3.

I certainly don't want to see Torquay go down, despite the fact that they are six points adrift at the bottom. They have had no luck at all this season, and the off the pitch antics of the chairman and board of directors down there have overshadowed most of their season. It is a real shame for them, because they are not a bad side at their best, and I would love to see them stage their usual late recovery !

For me, it would be justice if Boston went down, and for the sake of the Gulls, Wrexham could join them !
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 12:42   #5

In fact, it's even worse for Wrexham, Evans has got a FIVE match ban. Wrexham are at home to Boston in the last game, not away as I posted earlier.
Old 26-02-2007, 17:01   #6

wrexham allso have to play torquay thats a six pointer of all six pointers !!!!!!
Old 26-02-2007, 17:40   #7

Do us a favour again on Friday Shrews and send the gas up here on the back of a good spanking.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 18:16   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Do us a favour again on Friday Shrews and send the gas up here on the back of a good spanking.
We'll do our best! It's a massive game for us as well. We've got our top scorer available again after suspension. I agree about Torquay, we always enjoy our match weekend stays there. If not, maybe Exeter will come up, they're going well. We still keep an eye on the Conference after our season down there. As you guy's know, it's a very good standard. I'd rather watch a Conference match on Sky, than some of the Premiership ****e.
Old 27-02-2007, 10:01   #9

Talking Re: Wrexham 1 Shrewsbury 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
We'll do our best! It's a massive game for us as well. We've got our top scorer available again after suspension. I agree about Torquay, we always enjoy our match weekend stays there. If not, maybe Exeter will come up, they're going well. We still keep an eye on the Conference after our season down there. As you guy's know, it's a very good standard. I'd rather watch a Conference match on Sky, than some of the Premiership ****e.
I agree with you about the Conference Jaytee. I have been to a couple of Forest Green Rovers matches this season (away at Aldershot on Boxing Day and home to Morecambe last Saturday) and they have been very entertaining. Even FGR (for whom I have a very soft spot) are getting a decent team together under Jim Harvey and dominated the first 25 mins of Saturdays match with Morecambe. Certainly, the 3-1 scoreline in Morecambe's favour flattered them, as it could so easily have been 2-2.
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..