Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 17:33   #31
Full Member+

Re: wristbands

macca, ultras - whoever can make this work....

....the biggest opportunity would be to get them on the turnstiles at away games for the opposition fans to show their support. At only a quid a pop they are all footy fans at heart and we reach 2 maybe 3 thousand new fans every other week.

Worth a try??
Old 03-09-2009, 17:36   #32
God Member

yes - owts worth a try

the only drawback is the initial input. Its gonna cost 700 quid for 3000. We could get them cheaper (individually) if we buy lots more but then there is a higher initial cost. 3000 would hopefully be about right for the local market. But I wish I could confidently order 10000!
Old 03-09-2009, 17:38   #33
Full Member+

Can we call the clubs to gauge interest??
Old 03-09-2009, 17:39   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Cracking idea Rob,
Just a thought - would it not be better if you just give each shop 20 or 30 then collect the money the week after, that way the shop doesn't need to buy them, you might get more shops to put them on the counter if they haven't to pay up front for something they might not sell "they should but think how the shop keeper might think about it)
10 might be OK for your shops out the way like up Warner St for example, 10 should sell in mins in the shops on Broadway Etc, so how many will they need to take?? 50? 100? thats my point, will they cough up £50 or £100

or maybe give the shop a certain amount and have a ' save accy stanley' box next to them so they can put the money straight into the box, and if anyone wants to put any extra coins in they can do?
Old 03-09-2009, 17:43   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Cracking idea Rob,
Just a thought - would it not be better if you just give each shop 20 or 30 then collect the money the week after, that way the shop doesn't need to buy them, you might get more shops to put them on the counter if they haven't to pay up front for something they might not sell "they should but think how the shop keeper might think about it)
Speaking as one of them thats exactly the point I was alluding to earlier. I have no problem putting them on sale, but sorry I'm not laying out for them first.
Old 03-09-2009, 17:57   #36
God Member

You have a PM Rob

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 17:58   #37
God Member

Cant see a lot of shops paying for them to be honest, maybe put it to them 1st then if they won't buy give them option 2, at least they will still get on their counter

www.ubuntu.com

Old 03-09-2009, 18:09   #38
God Member

sounds good to me. Offer both but push first!
Old 03-09-2009, 18:28   #39
God Member

Smile Re: wristbands

This sounds like a good idea Macca, looking at all the suggestions on this post, I feel sure we will very easily sell them all and maybe be going back for more Here's hoping

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 18:38   #40

Love the wristband idea, if it does get going, please let me know and Vital Football may be able to put out a message to all club editors and get some sold over the web!

Also - just been contacted by a gentleman from America, saying that he would love to help out in anyway after hearing about the club, he produces these scratch cards, Scratch Card Fundraisers. The most profitable fundraiser for non-profit organizations

e: [email protected]
w: accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk
VitalStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 19:26   #41

Sounds good maccab I think if you gave each shop a (box?) of 10 and then collected any money a week later and then gave a number to contact you if any other money was collected. Could you put them in Tesco Asda and Spar as lots of people go in those shops everyday as well as corner shops?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 19:29   #42
God Member

I'll contact as many outlets as possible.

thanks also to the 2 offers of loans received via PM from this thread to get the ball rolling. It means that I can get the ball rolling tomorrow and worry about the actual payment and who foots the bill next week.

... but this is where we all come in as I couldn't possibly get around all the suburban minimarts - garages - shops etc so we all need to ask the places where we go in frequently if they will partake.

HELP needed to blitz the centre, HELP needed to deliver around the outlets further afield .

And also if anybody knows of a company that could perhaps knock up some sort of display box for nowt ... even next to nowt ...
my new catchphrase this week is FANtastic

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 03-09-2009 at 19:32.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 19:51   #43

Macca, sent a pm, I don't mind covering shops in Clayton if you have leaflets available for Sat am. PM has my mobile so pm me back if you don't get it.
Old 03-09-2009, 20:00   #44
God Member

I've got 3 outlets for you, they all say sale or return though

Edit - make that 4, I'll take some to work, should get rid of 20 or so there easy enough

www.ubuntu.com

Old 03-09-2009, 20:37   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
Macca, sent a pm, I don't mind covering shops in Clayton if you have leaflets available for Sat am. PM has my mobile so pm me back if you don't get it.

43 PM's today but I can't see one from Big Al. Please forward it again buddy and I'll contact you tomorrow.

Cheers Al

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..