Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 06:51   #1
God Member

WWR Player of the season TALK

If you want to discuss the player of the season thread then please do it in here or eslewhere but not in the voting thread.. Remember it is being printed out for the players to read..

If someone can't be bothered doing it right then there vote wont count... I seem to have made the mistake of telling someone instead of just discounting there vote...

I am off to foooty now and for the record shurm I am in an very good mood
Old 13-04-2004, 09:57   #2

Re: WWR Player of the season TALK

ok nice 1 mate, I like you, your funny ....... sorry for posting in your voting section.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 19:10   #3
Senior Member+

Seem to have a bit of response, whos winning?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 19:17   #4
God Member

Looking like Mully for the trophy and AccyMad to present it.. But 2 weeks to go ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
Old 17-04-2004, 22:16   #5

I see a number of names who at one time or another during the season may have got my vote, but due to inconsistency or lack of games or even moments of shear stupidity players like Rory, Ged, Cookie (Jackson due to all three, infact that goes for Gazza , Keane and Alan Smith )have faded over time.
Both keepers have been very good and have bounced back from their set backs and deserve to pick up the award collectively if that had been possible. Cookie seems to be just getting into his stride now he has put injury and suspension behind him, too many chats with the ref have spoilt his season methinks. If we still had a month or two to go I think he may have snatched my vote. Deano has had a good run in when opportunity has arisen especially when you consider half his internal organs are wrapped around one another and he is waiting for a operation .
Proccy cannot be faulted for his work rate but he needs a mentor beside him on the pitch to give him direction and encouragement . His antics can cause more problems than they solve leaving us with a disrupted midfield with rather large holes in it. He had a cracking first half down at Bournemouth though .
It would have been interesting to compare this seasons side as part timers with the same side as full timers but I guess we will never know .
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 00:39   #6
Senior Member+

So who did you vote for?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 09:58   #7
God Member

All votes can be seen in the vote thread at top of page... remember this is the WWR player of the season and not the one the club is running which is seperate... On the night theres the Player of the season run by the club, Player of season run by supporters club and player of the season from the WWR World Wide reds. Not to mention the Omagh supporters club who presented Rory with a player of the season last night.... Pics going on my site later this morning
Old 18-04-2004, 18:18   #8

Paul Mullin
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 12:09   #9
God Member

You only have a couple of days left to vote for the world wide reds player of the years... Mullin seems to be the leader at the moment and its been decided accymad (Diane) will be presenting the trophy (to whoever wins).... Smithy16 and smudgies votes will not be counted.

So if you havent voted. you want to change your vote or whatever then do it quick. Voting closes on Friday
Old 26-04-2004, 19:32   #10
God Member

Quote:
My vote for the presentation has got to be KIPAX........Because he likes me sooo much!
Anyone with so few brain cells that they can't even vote for player of the season without making a mess of it has to be liked.... stupid people are so much fun
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 19:51   #11
Senior Member+

Funny guy
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 20:21   #12

That was a bit harsh, Kipax
Old 26-04-2004, 21:21   #13
God Member

Who are you..His dad ?

If he wants to be sarcastic then he can expect a response. Seems fair to me... Anyway I presumed he was being light hearted and the smile on my message would have shown him I wasn't being too serious either...See its a smiley like this one here

So whats your problem with all this?
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 08:21   #14
God Member

loweiy wrote
Quote:
The front Men get the Awards every year because goals win matches
Jamie Speare won it last year mate
Old 27-04-2004, 14:26   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Who are you..His dad ?

If he wants to be sarcastic then he can expect a response. Seems fair to me... Anyway I presumed he was being light hearted and the smile on my message would have shown him I wasn't being too serious either...See its a smiley like this one here

So whats your problem with all this?
Whoa, ok, I didn't expect to get blasted. I was only commenting on a rather harsh statement you made, you don't have to get bitchy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..