Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 09:15   #16
Senior Member+

Re: WWR - Player of the season VOTE NOW!

I totally agree with Simon - for me it has to be Ged Brannan - He has been a rock in the defence, assisted in the attacks and has been very unlucky only to get one goal this season -To Date. He never tires, never shirks a challege and Never complains except when he was out injured and wanted to be back in the team..
It is a pity we can't vote for the whole team, for all their efforts throughout the season. To those in the Unibond who thought we would last one season - look again, we ain't never comin' back. Well done to the whole team for their efforts, maybe just ibe downside, cut out the red cards, although the refs in the Conference have been dubious

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2004, 10:37   #17

its a tough one to call as the whole squad have played their part...keeping stanley in the top ten for most of the season while still being part time. the step up has been a huge learning curve for the club and they have more than coped. but after careful consideration my vote is going to PAUL MULLIN for the goals and for his tireless efforts all season. even when hes not been scoring hes run for ninety minutes every game and laid on goals for others. a hero amongst a team of heroes.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:51   #18

Andy Procter....he's been strong in midfield, gets the tackles in which is what we need. He also feeds the balls through to the strikers nicely, sets up goals and scores some for himself.

************************************************** ***********************************************

Me for presenting it cos It's really hard for me to get over to Accrington and this is one thing I'm managing to get over to

Last edited by SuperAccyStan; 27-04-2004 at 15:08.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:16   #19
I am Banned

for me rory prendegast just plays the ball well aand when not playin we SORLEY miss him have to agree with the others and i nominate

me of the trophie
Old 12-04-2004, 12:58   #20

My vote goes for Paul Mullin because he scores lots of goals for the club. He also gives his best and never gives up whatever situation we are in

I also wish we could give it to a couple because It was an very hard decsion for me.
Old 12-04-2004, 16:23   #21
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: WWR - Player of the season VOTE NOW!

My player of the season has to go to.....Andy Procter. Not once this season has he put in anything other than 110% and he runs himself into the ground in every game. In my opinion we would be at a loss without his terrier like determination in breaking up play in the midfield. Shame nobody's nominated him for Conference young player of the year in the NLP.
Old 12-04-2004, 19:09   #22
Senior Member+

Got to vote Paul Mullin,

Very good sportsmanship, dosnt give up, has a wicked header and not many cards
Old 12-04-2004, 20:43   #23

I am proud of every player that has worn a Stanley shirt this season, but, as I can only nominate one person, then...

My player of the season can only be Paul Mullin ...
Paul has been solid all season, run himself ragged up front, scored some classic goals and stood his ground well against some tough opposition and I personally cant fault him on anything... That's why he gets my vote

I would also nominate accy mad to present the trophy
Old 15-04-2004, 14:07   #24
God Member

. .

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 15-04-2004 at 15:04. Reason: Thought I'd stick this to make it easier to find.
Old 15-04-2004, 15:23   #25

This is a difficult one this year because I believe every single player has done brilliantly.

Seeing as I can only choose one, it’s got to be Robbie Williams for me.

Now, he’s had his bad matches over the season and I few bookings and sending offs, but when he is in the team the defence seems a whole lot stronger and more organised to me.

He keeps his cool most of the time and gives it a 110% every game. Well-done Robbie.

I would love to see KIPAX present the award (it ain't that bad!!) but seeing as he as already chickened out Accy Mad gets my vote.

ab
Old 17-04-2004, 09:24   #26
Junior Member+

Gentleman Paul Mullin. ForeHead and shoulders above the rest. Team player, Hard worker, Scores goals and a true star.
Old 17-04-2004, 11:21   #27
Senior Member+

No nominations for Justin Jackson?

Has to be PAUL MULLIN for me. He's improved every year, a lot sharper round the box, never gives up and can't be intimidated. An excellent leader by example and continues to run his socks off............oh and he scores goals.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Old 18-04-2004, 13:10   #28
Senior Member+

Smile Re: WWR - Player of the season VOTE NOW!

without a doubt rory prendergast!!!!!! no wonder spurs where at the bournemouth and colchester match!!!
Old 18-04-2004, 16:25   #29

As i can only choose one, My vote goes to Andy Proctor. Every game he never gives up and is the best midfielder we have. He gives 110% for every game and we would be lost without him.
Old 19-04-2004, 16:35   #30

I vote for Paul Mullin, just because of his capability to step up to Conference level and improve his performance and work rate tremendously, no-one can even question his determination, work-rate and the passion he puts into our squad. His goal tally is proof of this and also the number of MOTM he has recieved (i bet eric will be shortening his goal bonus to 50p next season for the amount of goals he's gonna get!!!)

Well done Mully - FOOTBALL LEAGUE HERE WE COME

(by the way i think Jonathan Smith has been the most under-rated player this season, if you think back he has kept solid at the back and kept us in games where we could have conceded a number of goals without him)

Last edited by woody; 23-04-2004 at 15:35.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..